• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

"attachment" as the default name when downloading files (Firefox)

The Last Laugh

3rd Level Green Feather
Hello everyone,

Sometimes, when right-clicking on a clip link to download it, I get "attachment" as a default file name, instead of the file's actual name. The download still works, but it's rather inconvenient, since I have to enter a title by hand to replace "attachment". My browser is Firefox, by the way. Does anyone know if there's something I can do to fix this minor but annoying problem? Thanks.

Sorry if this issue has been brought up before.

It's a piece of stupidity that came about ages back. The devs argued about it incessantly, with most Mozilla purists stating the behavior you seek (Parity with IE, essentially) was worthless and unnecessary. They recently did give the 'bug' over to someone to deal with but as of yet they've done nothing. HOWEVER, there is a Firefox add-on that fixes the issue. Unfortunately, the download page for it is currently offline. Fortunately, HDS is an obsessive archivist and saved the install file. Download the attached ZIP, unzip it, and open it with Firefox.

Thank you very much for the information and for the file. But I'm wondering, why does this phenomenon happen with some files but not with others? Does it have to do with the file format or something? I haven't noticed a pattern yet.

It is not the file format that is the problem. Notice what an attachment link on the TMF actually is. For instance, the attachment I just posted has a link of http://www.ticklingforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=90296&d=1188987969 See a filename in there anywhere? The filename is generated by the server after your request tells the database to find attachment "90296". Firefox does not wait for the filename to appear; it immediately uses as a name what the link directs it to: attachment.php. Any site that generates attachments in a similar manner to this will suffer the same error.

What's New

4/23/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome Forum and take a moment to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back