• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

.flv files

Bugman

Verified
I have a couple of things saved to photobucket that i want to convert to wmv.How would i go about this?

Whats strange is they are in mwv format on my computer but when i uploaded them to photobucket they are now .flv.Is this normal?

Yes. Photobucket converts them to FLV when you upload them. If you're trying to play them in your browser all you need is the latest version of Adobe Flash; if you're trying to download them you will need to convert or download an FLV player. The fact that all you need is Adobe Flash and a web browser to view the clips on Photobucket (as opposed to specialized software like Quicktime or Realplayer) is why Photobucket does that; everyone can play it as most everyone has Flash.

What i really want to do is post them here,and i know the forum supports mwv,but i can't seem to get them to download here.

Hmm ... unsure of what you're trying to do. You could just post the link to them on your Photobucket. If you're trying to download them off of Photobucket that can be a pain. So you're trying to download the videos from Photobucket, convert them to WMV, and post them here? Do I have that right? Posting the Photobucket link is easier but I can tell you how to do the other method. Provide a link to one of the vids, if you can, so I can tell you specifically for it.

Sorry for the confusion HDS. :eek: I have what i want to post saved to *my pictures* on my computer in mwv format,but i can't seem to post them here.I thought hosting them to photobucket would allow me to post them here,but it seems not to be working out so well.:upsidedow

They are too large? A bother, that. If you want to try and make them smaller you can try a handy little freeware converted I found for Cavum just a day or two ago. Quoted from my message to him elsewhere:
http://www.download.com/WM-Converter...ml?tag=lst-6-2
When using it you can either use default options for the video types (The "Convert to" options at the top) or use the "Custom" setting to adjust bitrate, frame size, and the like for fine control.

Posting them to Photobucket, however, is a fine way to share them. You will just give the link to them here and people can go watch them at Photobucket. They will be in FLV format but, as I said, any browser with Flash can view that (e.g. everyone, essentially).

What's New

4/23/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome Forum and take a moment to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back