• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

James Bond

I'd have to watch them again but I seem to recall feeling like the Connery and Dalton films struck the best balance between grounded spy adventure and more outlandish stuff like the gadgets.

I'd have to watch them again but I seem to recall feeling like the Connery and Dalton films struck the best balance between grounded spy adventure and more outlandish stuff like the gadgets.

Yes I agree with that, the outlandish stuff took off a lot more in the Moore Era. The gadgets in the Connery films were quite practical and fewer, same with Dalton.

My favorite thus far was James Bond: Skyfall!

It took away Bond's crazy gadgets and toys and super powers and forced him to rely on his wit, intelligence, and bare knuckles.

In For Your Eyes Only they even blew up the Lotus from The Spy Who Loved Me to show the audience Bond wouldn't be relying on over the top gadgets that time around.

In For Your Eyes Only they even blew up the Lotus from The Spy Who Loved Me to show the audience Bond wouldn't be relying on over the top gadgets that time around.

Yes I forgot, that film didn't have any gadgets either.

You also have that entire scene when he is being shot at by Eric and loses even his Walther.

I'd also seen it argued that the lack of gadgets in the newer films was also a detriment to the video games because it means you don't get fun gadgets there to play around with.
Back when they were still actually making games at least, I don't think there's been one since 007 legends and that just rehashes parts of the old film with Craig's Bond forced in.

Speaking of which, Blood Stone 007 is such a great game that not only does it succeeds at being a better Bond "film" than any of the Daniel Craig entries (not hard), it is also an even better video game than most that came out previously (now that's an impressive feat). I highly recommend it, it has it all: a good story, a variety of exotic environments, rewarding stealth mechanics, satisfying gunplay, explosion-packed car chases, and even a few scenes where Bond strolls around official events in a tuxedo, his gun safely holstered. Oh and Joss Stone is the Bond Girl there, a charming addition that blows Olga Kurylenko, Eva Green and all the others ladies of the Craig era out of the water.

For No Time To Die I'd prefer if they have the cgi moving gunbarrel design from the Brosnan era, have the blood trickle down slowly like it used to rather than quick globs, have the guitar riff playing over the blood trickling and have the gunbarrel open straight into the film which ftr they haven't done since 2002.
Also make sure Craig doesn't swing the arm he's holding the gun with like he did in Spectre.

the Brosnan era was handled by Barbara and Saltzman, and I think they did a terrific job!

I have to be pedantic here. Saltzman's involvement ended when he sold his share of the franchise to Cubby after The Man With The Golden Gun. The name I guess you were thinking of is Michael Wilson, Cubby's stepson.

Fun fact, I read that originally the character of Paris from Tomorrow Never Dies was supposed to be either Natalya from Goldeneye or Silvia Trench, but they changedt becausebthey feared backlash over killing off an established Bond girl.

Fun fact, I read that originally the character of Paris from Tomorrow Never Dies was supposed to be either Natalya from Goldeneye or Silvia Trench, but they changedt becausebthey feared backlash over killing off an established Bond girl.

Wow, that would of been interesting.

Thanks a lot for these! Amazing that more than 20 years later I can still found out more trivia about one of my favourite films :xpulcy:

Yes and I think you will agree, it flashes out the characters a lot more and creates a more interesting take of the film.
Whilst I don't think TND is Goldeneye, these scenes with Gupta and even Carver make it a better film imo.
I think it was ridiculous to hire Ricky Jay to play Gupta, because of his card trick and then take the whole point you hired him out of the film. I mean wtf!

Last edited:
I have to be pedantic here. Saltzman's involvement ended when he sold his share of the franchise to Cubby after The Man With The Golden Gun. The name I guess you were thinking of is Michael Wilson, Cubby's stepson.

Oh damn, you are absolutely right :sorry: Must have merged the two in my own stupid mind :blush: of course I meant Michael G. Wilson, Barbara Broccoli's longtime partner-in-crime.

Yes and I think you will agree, it flashes out the characters a lot more and creates a more interesting take of the film.
Whilst I don't think TND is Goldeneye, these scenes with Gupta and even Carver make it a better film imo.
I think it was ridiculous to hire Ricky Jay to play Gupta, because of his card trick and then take the whole point you hired him out of the film. I mean wtf!

As much a milestone Goldeneye has been, and I love that one too, I much prefer Tomorrow Never Dies. Pierce Brosnan looks more suitably beefy in it, the story is better, and the landscapes of Asia are absolutely gorgeous. I absolutely love the idea that Bond partners with a Chinese female equivalent of him, complete with her own gadgets, and played wonderfully by Michelle Yeoh who was at the time at the peak of her athleticism and beauty.

Goldeneye was fantastic too, of course. It launched to Brosnan era with a very loud bang (notably that exceptional :tank: scene), and the villain was wonderful. It even contained a very interesting societal comment about the state of post-communist Russia. But at the time, he still looked too much like Remington Steele, and the girl was highly forgettable IMO.

Here you are my friend, some more for you. This time AVTAK.

Scarpine actually shouts!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McvwuSbHT60

Goldeneye deleted scenes
The scene with Ouroumov is interesting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jjTm0k-puA

Thank you, I cannot wait to discover these extra scenes~ By the way, that "Jaguar" joke on Tomorrow was hysterical :laughhard:

I'ts really bugging me that the series hasn't had a proper traditional gunbarrel since 1999.
And that Craig hasn't had a good one since 2006.

As much a milestone Goldeneye has been, and I love that one too, I much prefer Tomorrow Never Dies. Pierce Brosnan looks more suitably beefy in it, the story is better, and the landscapes of Asia are absolutely gorgeous. I absolutely love the idea that Bond partners with a Chinese female equivalent of him, complete with her own gadgets, and played wonderfully by Michelle Yeoh who was at the time at the peak of her athleticism and beauty.

You probably also heard that they considered make a Wai Lin spin off series, but it never happened.

Last edited:
Last edited:
You probably also heard that they considered make a Wai Lin spin off series, but it never happened.

Where did the rest of your message go? That was super interesting~

Anyway, yes, I would pay good money to see a good Wai Lin spinoff. Especially if it is done seriously, as in not a parody or a pastiche as Hollywood usually does it, but as a bona fide female Chinese Bond. That would be glorious~

Some more for you my friend.

Dalton: "Won't you come with me on a magic carpet ride."
This scene is hilarious.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWREFgsLXkA

And just for fun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnECZ2ZvGWk

For your eyes only Tenebrae
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttdhVT2-Zus

Compliments of Sharky!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRoUWu4GS14
Quite a lot too.

Thank you, gonna watch this right away :ty:

EDIT: Watched them. OMG that magic carpet would have been great for the Moore era but that was wayyyyy out of place for Dalton. Not to mention, if memory serves, this chase is right after the fake assassination scene; a very tense one, so it would have been even more awkward. For once, I am glad they cut it. I don't know what you think by the way, but The Living Daylights has what I consider the best story of all the Bond films.

I love how John Glen is so sorry for Charles Dance lol :blaugh: Not to worry, he still got his closeup right before the ski jump scene. I remember watching the film with my brother and got so surprised to see him as we knew him from Alien 3. I had never known it was supposed to be him under this hockey mask!

Franz Sanchez (Robert Davi) is both the most realistic and the cruelest villain in the entire franchise. Such a fascinating man, able to order the torture and murder of anyone, and yet whom upholds very strong values, appearing civil as well as honourable in his own twisted way. He always keeps his word and handsomely rewards loyalty, but if you cross him, your death will be as unpleasant as spectacular. What a character! I am not a big fan of the film itself though. It is an excellent 90's action film, it has got a great plot as well as an extended part for Q, but is too damn violent and gritty to make for a good Bond entry. It still blows any of the Craig efforts clear out of the water though :D

Last edited:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAyw3B2eBc

This would've been perfect had they just made the blood trickle like in the pre-Craig days, I don't like how now the blood always falls in massive fast globs.
Also again have the blood trickling be accompanied bynthe guitar riff.

Where did the rest of your message go? That was super interesting
What message?

Thank you, gonna watch this right away :ty:

Watched them. OMG that magic carpet would have been great for the Moore era but that was wayyyyy out of place for Dalton. Not to mention, if memory serves, this chase is right after the fake assassination scene; a very tense one, so it would have been even more awkward. For once, I am glad they cut it. I don't know what you think by the way, but The Living Daylights has what I consider the best story of all the Bond films.
I just find the sight of the usually serious in the film Dalton, smiling and waving at people amusing. Probably again why it was taken out and yes, this takes place straight after the fake assasination.

The best story of all the films? Even better than 006 betraying his friend Bond and his country? I will say that the living daylights story is intriguing and the first time you see it, you are genuinely as fooled as Bond when it unravels but the best story of all the films?

I love how John Glen is so sorry for Charles Dance lol :blaugh: Not to worry, he still got his closeup right before the ski jump scene. I remember watching the film with my brother and got so surprised to see him as we knew him from Alien 3. I had never known it was supposed to be him under this hockey mask!
Yes he did standing next to Loque. On another note what did you think about Julian Glover's Kristatos villain? I must confess the first time I saw the film, I genuinely believed that he was the good guy and not the bad guy.

Franz Sanchez (Robert Davi) is both the most realistic and the cruelest villain in the entire franchise. Such a fascinating man, able to order the torture and murder of anyone, and yet whom upholds very strong values, appearing civil as well as honourable in his own twisted way. He always keeps his word and handsomely rewards loyalty, but if you cross him, your death will be as unpleasant as spectacular. What a character! I am not a big fan of the film itself though. It is an excellent 90's action film, it has got a great plot as well as an extended part for Q, but is too damn violent and gritty to make for a good Bond entry. It still blows any of the Craig efforts clear out of the water though :D
Well this was John Glen's attempt at making the series darker again, which is why he took the live and let die novel and put it in the film.
Yes to Robert Davi, although I still can't help but think of special agent Johnson at the same time.

Part of me was disappointed John Cleese's run as Q was cut so short.

I suppose.
Also I got to the final lvel of Everything or Nothing and I can't stop dying.

What's New

4/19/2024
Check out the huge number of thicklign clips that can be found at Clips4Sale. The webs biggest fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back