• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Will Blitz stop Warner of will he burn pressure by quick throw

FlockOfSeagulls

3rd Level Yellow Feather
Philly blitzed all the time yet Warner burned them time and time again. Will Pitt get sacks and pressure or does Warner hit quick slants and RB`S for screens for big plays?

philly and pitt blitz in completly different ways pitt blitzes less people but in a more confusing way and with a weak o line i expect warner to get hounded

I think this aspect of game will win it for one team or the other

i think warner will throw 3 ints when he is pressured he collapses.. and the chargers screens and throws over the middle didnt do anything againist pitt and they are the best in the league at short over the middle and 2nd to only philly in screen.... as i said in other threads the cardinals only play is the streak to fitz and that wont happen with polamalu on him all day

i think warner will throw 3 ints when he is pressured he collapses.. and the chargers screens and throws over the middle didnt do anything againist pitt and they are the best in the league at short over the middle and 2nd to only philly in screen.... as i said in other threads the cardinals only play is the streak to fitz and that wont happen with polamalu on him all day

Polamalu is AWESOME...But even he can`t cover Larry one-on one all day. He will just go over the top of him like he does everyone else . Plus Steelers would be STUPID to do that, Polamalu is way to valuable runn blitzing as well

Polamalu is AWESOME...But even he can`t cover Larry one-on one all day. He will just go over the top of him like he does everyone else . Plus Steelers would be STUPID to do that, Polamalu is way to valuable runn blitzing as well

troy doesnt ever cover anyone one on one when i said troy on him he always shadows the best wr on the team.. he will be double covered by ike and troy i should have been more clear.. pitt fans would have understood but i guess i cant xpect everyone to... it will be ike on fitz and polamalu shadowing him

troy doesnt ever cover anyone one on one when i said troy on him he always shadows the best wr on the team.. he will be double covered by ike and troy i should have been more clear.. pitt fans would have understood but i guess i cant xpect everyone to... it will be ike on fitz and polamalu shadowing him

not sure that is smart considering you still have to cover Boldin, Breaston , Urbane

not sure that is smart considering you still have to cover Boldin, Breaston , Urbane

bolding is pissed and hasnt done anything this post season and if they do decide to finally involve him i think we can cover him we statistically have the best secondary so im not worried about that.. the only thing is dont let warner sit back and bomb it to fitz because if he does it 5 times even with troy back there he will catch it at least once.. so we have to be in warners face all day

Philly blitzed all the time yet Warner burned them time and time again. Will Pitt get sacks and pressure or does Warner hit quick slants and RB`S for screens for big plays?

When Warner was working bagging supermarket groceries and moonlighting in the Arena football league, he had to quick release the ball because the short 50 yard arena field sped everything up.

Warner's older now, but he still has some of the quick strike arena football mechanics at times, and WR Fitzgerald is the target Warner had when he had Issac Bruce, Az Akim and Torry Holt torching opposing teams with slants on Warner's old Rams superbowl team.

I for one cannot see the Cardinals beating the Steelers for a variety of reasons.

1. No way they get torched by Fitz the way the Eagles and Panthers (and to a lesser extent the Falcons) did. I'm not saying he'll get shut out (90 yds and a score, maybe a second score in garbage time sounds about right) but he won't be the best player on the field in Tampa.

2. The Steelers defense is without question the best the Cardinals will play against this season. The pressure will be heavier than their past games, and washed-up Edgerrin James will not be a factor.

3. Mike Tomlin isn't losing to the Ken Whisenhunt. Anywhere. For any reason at all.

4. Toughness. The Steelers have it, and the Cardinals think they do, but will be reminded that they don't come the Super Bowl. Tough, physical defense beats explosive offense in today's NFL playoffs. (Giants-Patriots, Bucs-Raiders, Patriots-Rams)

5. It's the Cardinals!!! (I know I'm gonna take some heat for this, but come on, can anyone really say 2009 Superbowl Champion Arizona Cardinals without giggling a little bit?)

This is going to be where the game is decided. It's kinda like the "irresistable force/immoveable object" thing.

On the one hand, Arizona hasn't faced a defense like Pittsburgh. As mentioned, the Steelers' blitzing packages are well-disguised and effective. They sniff out holes through the offensive lines, and are rarely slowed down by blocking backs.

On the other hand, blitzing a team with multiple deep threats and weapons is a risky endeavor, even if disguised. Warner's used to it, and has one of the quickest releases in the NFL, and his ability to read defenses is underrated. Fitz can't be covered one-on-one all day by anyone. Boldin's just the kind of distraction/decoy/surprise that could confuse the Steelers right now. Who knows how he's gonna play?

What's going to be interesting is how it goes when Pittsburgh has the ball and Arizona's on defense. Which Arizona D shows up? The one from the regular season, or the one from the playoffs that shut down the league's #2 and #3 running games and made one of the best receivers in the league, Steve Smith, a non-factor? That'll be the big difference maker right there.

This is going to be where the game is decided. It's kinda like the "irresistable force/immoveable object" thing.

On the one hand, Arizona hasn't faced a defense like Pittsburgh. As mentioned, the Steelers' blitzing packages are well-disguised and effective. They sniff out holes through the offensive lines, and are rarely slowed down by blocking backs.

On the other hand, blitzing a team with multiple deep threats and weapons is a risky endeavor, even if disguised. Warner's used to it, and has one of the quickest releases in the NFL, and his ability to read defenses is underrated. Fitz can't be covered one-on-one all day by anyone. Boldin's just the kind of distraction/decoy/surprise that could confuse the Steelers right now. Who knows how he's gonna play?

What's going to be interesting is how it goes when Pittsburgh has the ball and Arizona's on defense. Which Arizona D shows up? The one from the regular season, or the one from the playoffs that shut down the league's #2 and #3 running games and made one of the best receivers in the league, Steve Smith, a non-factor? That'll be the big difference maker right there.

dead bang right, Dave......and teams on hot streaks like Arizona win football games, and they dont care if you put first seed or fourth seed or wild card next to their name, and neither do they care if you put a 1 seed or a wild card team in front of them.

If any flash or semblance of the superbowl MVP Kurt Warner shows up in this game and he makes the blitzing steelers pay, it should be a good one to watch. I have no dogs in this hunt (although steeler Troy Polamalu and benched Arizona q b matt leinart are both USC boys), I just want to see a good game.

To Laffy Daffy

I am from Philly and thought exactly as you mentioned in your post and all of those logical things you write happened in the opposite way when we played the Cards. Don't be so sure about anything...I think AZ pulls the upset.

What's New

4/18/2024
Need to report a post? Click the report button to its lower left!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back