• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

"Support Me" sub-forum or combine with Celebrations may be a great idea.

RobAce

Verified
Okay, with all the brew ha-ha over recent posts being not for anything but good wishes, I can understand the feelings of some.

But then WHY are they put into the "General Discussion" sub-forum?
Is not the basic rule of General Discussion:
This forum is specifically here for discussion of any matters or topics that are NOT tickling related.
It does not say, discuss only topics people say it is okay. Now I understand that people should use tact when responding to sensitive threads, but now the very rules are becoming drama and distractions to the post themselves, where the original post is burined under posts of "I have the right" and "No you dont".

I suggest that the name of the Celebration subforum be changed to "Celebration and Support" for that sub-forum. And it stating
Want to congratulate someone on a posting or life milestone? Wish them Happy Birthday? Need support for a rough time or want to give support? Do it here!
And then to me that should solve all the drama and issues surrounding those kinds of threads, so that knowing if you put it in the discussion, it will be discussed and is open to discussion. If you put in the "Congradulations and Support" forum, then there should be no discussion.

What do you all think. I think it is a good compromise and will keep future drama at bay, until the next time someone wants to make mountains out of molehills.

Rob

You don't think it's sort of an odd contrast to put the celebration and joy threads, and the "I'm in the middle of a personal tragedy" threads, into the same category?

I agree to the extent that it would be strange to see "I Got a great new job" next to an "I just lost my job" thread. But perhaps in a way it would be good for those suffering through rough times to see the good still around. And those responding to joyous threads just may bring a little more happiness to those that need it.

Perhaps even after things get better for those that needed support can update it to let people know how things went, and end up in the end being a celebration.

Support is good thing, just as joy is. Support at times is all the joy some people can get or perhaps need.

Rob

I like the Support idea. I just don't understand merging it with Celebration.

Edit: Didn't realize that was already replied to.

Okay, I *still* don't see it working to combine it with the Celebration area. Some folks might utilize it and resent the fact that something positive is happening to someone else. Say someone is being congratulated on a job offer or a promotion and the person seeking support has been struggling to find a job for months+.

I think the idea is great, the placement is not so. -- We already have an area for sexual abuse and otherwise support, I think (?) Could it be merged into the same area, but obviously the private area remaining private and the general support area visible for everyone?

I agree that a separate forum for this would be a good idea. There are obviously a number of people in today's society in need of help and good wishes, and even more people who are willing and able to provide said things. A place for that all to be done would be nice. Hopefully, it would keep some of the nay-sayers out of the discussion.

I support the idea of a support subforum whether it's paired with the celebration subforum or a separate one. :D

I like the idea of merging the two. The one would balance out the other.

On the support me subforum:

I think it would be a bad idea to separate it from general discussion. I don't want people that post looking for help and are already distressed to be sent away from main traffick.

I don't think this warrants it's own forum, so I agree with finding a forum with which it can be merged - if anything is to be done at all. Although, I agree with Jeff, I think the Celebration and I Am Sad forum is bizarre.

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back