• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Questions Regarding V4 Update:

CrystalLight

Level of Raspberry Feather
Note: Many are having issues using the chat-room on Internet Explorer. If you are one of them, you need to Update your Java.

If you're having trouble navigating or utilizing any element of the forum, please post your question here and I or another Admin/Mod will do our best to help you out. :)

Last edited:
I'll be looking in here often to check on any technical issues that people report. I'll trust that Crystal will be ontop of the 'how to' issues.

Myriads

Attachment thumbnails should be reappearing (if they have not already) over the next day or so. I am regenerating the few that were borked by the update as I type this.

Some feedback on the new look:

I am finding the fonts and lack of spacing in the lists of threads much harder to read through than the old format. Is there any way to change the theme?

I dont seem to be able to edit my posts. :( Everytime I click the edit post button I get the edit menu but the text from the post is gone and I cant even type in the area. Maybe there is something I am not seeing.

PS The edit seems to work in simple mode. Only advanced is causing problems.

PSS: Ok this really is awful seems I cant do anything in advanced mode post or edit. Not sure what is wrong but it wont let me type in the area to place text. :( )

Last edited:
I dont seem to be able to edit my posts. :( Everytime I click the edit post button I get the edit menu but the text from the post is gone and I cant even type in the area. Maybe there is something I am not seeing.

PS The edit seems to work in simple mode. Only advanced is causing problems.

PSS: Ok this really is awful seems I cant do anything in advanced mode post or edit. Not sure what is wrong but it wont let me type in the area to place text. :( )

What browser are you using, Kurchman? I have a suspicion that the Javascript editor is not happy with you.

There are two possible issues. One, your ancient version of IE just won't cut it. Two, your cached version of the Javascript files is out of date. Can you do a complete clearing of your temporary internet files? Let me know if you need to know how to do that. Just clear them all, close all IE windows, and restart IE. See if that fixes it.

If not, you probably need a browser upgrade, Kurchman. I know your machine is a bit of a dinosaur, so I can recommend a very lightweight browser for you that should be faster than IE (and I'd recommend it over IE6 anyway).

Some feedback on the new look:

I am finding the fonts and lack of spacing in the lists of threads much harder to read through than the old format. Is there any way to change the theme?
There isn't a way for you to change the theme, no. We have but one theme available. I made some changes to the coloring that should improve readability (given the large number of folks who were complaining about it), but I can't speak to the spacing of threads yet. I'm watching impressions of the theme to see what people like and don't, and things that are hated by many will see changes.

There are two possible issues. One, your ancient version of IE just won't cut it. Two, your cached version of the Javascript files is out of date. Can you do a complete clearing of your temporary internet files? Let me know if you need to know how to do that. Just clear them all, close all IE windows, and restart IE. See if that fixes it.

If not, you probably need a browser upgrade, Kurchman. I know your machine is a bit of a dinosaur, so I can recommend a very lightweight browser for you that should be faster than IE (and I'd recommend it over IE6 anyway).

I will try the temp internet cache clearing first let you know how that goes. :)

I have downloaded IE8 and Firefox3.5.5. Not sure if those will work with XP SP2. If I install IE8 (assuming it is compatible) do I install it over IE6 or in antoher folder?

This is not really a question about having a problem, just more curiosity. I'm looking at my profile and I see a link on the left side that says "View Articles" but when I click on it, I get the "you don't have permission to access this page, yada, yada, yada" message. I'm curious on what that is intended for and will we be able to use it?

I will try the temp internet cache clearing first let you know how that goes. :)

I have downloaded IE8 and Firefox3.5.5. Not sure if those will work with XP SP2. If I install IE8 (assuming it is compatible) do I install it over IE6 or in antoher folder?
You usually don't get a choice as to where you install IE8. Just install it and it will do its thing. I'd almost tell you to install Opera instead; it's about the fastest and lowest-footprint of the browsers.

This is not really a question about having a problem, just more curiosity. I'm looking at my profile and I see a link on the left side that says "View Articles" but when I click on it, I get the "you don't have permission to access this page, yada, yada, yada" message. I'm curious on what that is intended for and will we be able to use it?
That's a feature that isn't enabled yet and may never be. It's not of much use to us yet, so we elected to leave it off.

You usually don't get a choice as to where you install IE8. Just install it and it will do its thing. I'd almost tell you to install Opera instead; it's about the fastest and lowest-footprint of the browsers.

That's a feature that isn't enabled yet and may never be. It's not of much use to us yet, so we elected to leave it off.

I did the temp internet cache. Still can not post or edit in advanced mode. :(

I have a copy of Opera too I think. :) Is IE8 compatible with Windows XP SP2?

Chrome.

Kurch,

I don't know anything about your system or what it's capable of, but give Chrome a try .. it's not given me any issues & is a BILLION times better than IE.

That is a feature that is still in the process of being worked out.. and mostly won't be available to users without Admin/Mod permission. So just ignore it for now.

On the other version,when you clicked on the link,another window would pop up. I clicked on a link in the new version,it took me off site into the site link I clicked on. is that common with the new version?

It may need SP3. Just try Opera or Chrome; you shouldn't be using IE anyway; it's not a safe browser.

On the other version,when you clicked on the link,another window would pop up. I clicked on a link in the new version,it took me off site into the site link I clicked on. is that common with the new version?
What link do you speak of? One specific link?

It may need SP3. Just try Opera or Chrome; you shouldn't be using IE anyway; it's not a safe browser.

Ok I am gonna log off and defrag the hard drive and install Opera and take it from there. :) As Arnahld would say. I'll Be Back. :p

Thanks for the help my friend. :ty: :yourock: I will let you know how it works.

Yeah.It was down in the clip section. But then I clicked on a link in the pix section,and a new window popped up. From now on,I will right click on all links. :)
What thread/post has the link? It may be that this is the behavior it should have, but it's possible that it's an error of sorts.

What thread/post has the link? It may be that this is the behavior it should have, but it's possible that it's an error of sorts.
here is the thread
http://www.ticklingforum.com/showth...niels-Nylon-Foot-Tickle-Interview-►-7-31-2011

I clicked on the cookingwithacutie.com link. When I did,it took me off the site,and onto the site I clicked on.

On this thread,
http://www.ticklingforum.com/showth...Tickled-in-Pantyhose-(f-f)-TickleHoneys.com,I clicked on one of the links and it opened up in a new window.

here is the thread
http://www.ticklingforum.com/showth...niels-Nylon-Foot-Tickle-Interview-►-7-31-2011

I clicked on the cookingwithacutie.com link. When I did,it took me off the site,and onto the site I clicked on.

On this thread,
http://www.ticklingforum.com/showth...Tickled-in-Pantyhose-(f-f)-TickleHoneys.com,I clicked on one of the links and it opened up in a new window.
Is that not the way it was before? I honestly open all links in new tabs, so I never left-click on any links, and I would never have noticed.

Attachment thumbnails should all be fixed. Please let me know if any do not show up that should be there.

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back