• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Questions Regarding V4 Update:

I iz using Opera 11. I am posting in advanced mode. :boogie: :happyhop:

I haz edited in advanced mode to. :boogie: :happyhop:

In the old version, I would be able to see my "last login" information on the main forum page. Is that still available?

Last edited:
I am still seeing user customizations in their profiles even though the box is unchecked in my settings...any way to get rid of them?

EDIT: And I was booted off when posting this reply...

Hi guys.
My question has to do with the video clips. I've downloaded a handful of previews from different companies, and on Windows Media player, all the clips seem a bit pixelated. FT's clips seem to have a faint red and green grid, and Zen's clips aren't in focus. I played some other preview clips I downloaded from the previous format, and I don't have an issue with them at all.
Is anyone else having this issue?
Thanks.

Hi guys.
My question has to do with the video clips. I've downloaded a handful of previews from different companies, and on Windows Media player, all the clips seem a bit pixelated. FT's clips seem to have a faint red and green grid, and Zen's clips aren't in focus. I played some other preview clips I downloaded from the previous format, and I don't have an issue with them at all.
Is anyone else having this issue?
Thanks.

Oops. Nevermind. The problem was on my end.

If you're having trouble navigating or utilizing any element of the forum, please post your question here and I or another Admin/Mod will do our best to help you out. :)

Thread will be closed until after the update launches.

I love the new autosave when posting!! :)

In the old version, I would be able to see my "last login" information on the main forum page. Is that still available?

I'm not entirely sure what you're referring to. -- Do you mean what your last Activity was before you logged off? Because that's available in your profile.

I am still seeing user customizations in their profiles even though the box is unchecked in my settings...any way to get rid of them?

Just tested & am having the same issue. That's a techy DSL deal. :D

I'm not entirely sure what you're referring to. -- Do you mean what your last Activity was before you logged off? Because that's available in your profile.

I think he means this:

Last visited.jpg

Before you could see on the top right under your username when you last visited the forum, but now you can't.

Also, will someone be doing a new how-to for customizing your profile? The new version's customization is different from what it used to be.

Also, will someone be doing a new how-to for customizing your profile? The new version's customization is different from what it used to be.

Yes. A few guides need to be made. And will be.

I think he means this:

View attachment 259851

Before you could see on the top right under your username when you last visited the forum, but now you can't.

It is on the left hand side of your User Profile. Refer to attachment.

Attachments

• lastactivity.png
    lastactivity.png
    4 KB · Views: 7
Is that not the way it was before? I honestly open all links in new tabs, so I never left-click on any links, and I would never have noticed.
Not sure how it always was before the change. I would just left click,and a new window would popup. I shall right click all links ta be sure. :)

everytime i try to log in the chatroom it says a problem with the webpage caused internet explorer to close and reopen the tab????? i have the latest internet explorer and it worked fine last week

Ok this is a relatively minor issue. But it seems that marquee HTML function does not work in this version. Not sure if its because of Opera 11 or if its something to do with the settings I have or if its a quirk with Version 4. :)

This might be an HTML issue with certain browsers not all of them like the marquee function I think.

Ok this is a relatively minor issue. But it seems that marquee HTML function does not work in this version. Not sure if its because of Opera 11 or if its something to do with the settings I have or if its a quirk with Version 4. :)

This might be an HTML issue with certain browsers not all of them like the marquee function I think.

Kurch,

I tested HTML Marquee on Firefox, Opera & Chrome and had no issues.

I used the standard HTML coding < marquee>Text Here< /marquee> (obviously with no spaces).

Is that how you're doing your HTML or are you using a BB Code?

everytime i try to log in the chatroom it says a problem with the webpage caused internet explorer to close and reopen the tab????? i have the latest internet explorer and it worked fine last week

I tested Chat on IE 7 & had no issues entering.

Make sure you have cleared your cache and that your Java is up to date. :)

Kurch,

I tested HTML Marquee on Firefox, Opera & Chrome and had no issues.

I used the standard HTML coding < marquee>Text Here< /marquee> (obviously with no spaces).

Is that how you're doing your HTML or are you using a BB Code?

I tested Chat on IE 7 & had no issues entering.

Make sure you have cleared your cache and that your Java is up to date. :)

Yea that what I am doing using pure HTML. It seems to work fine when I am in the preview mode for advanced editing. But when I go back to the main posts there is nothing there. Probably something I am have set in Opera. This is the first time I have used it. Seems faster the IE though. So far I like it.

Yea that what I am doing using pure HTML. It seems to work fine when I am in the preview mode for advanced editing. But when I go back to the main posts there is nothing there. Probably something I am have set in Opera. This is the first time I have used it. Seems faster the IE though. So far I like it.

Yeah. Almost all browsers now trump IE. I rarely ever use it.

You haven't tinkered w/any of the HTML settings on forum have you? Like where it says "HTML On - Convert Linebreaks" if you click "Go Advanced" & scroll down?

Greetings from the stupid Brit.

I don't normally like to critisise, but regarding the new look I would say in a word, AWFULL!
Why did you have to change it in the first place? The old but BETTER version was fine!

Now that I have made My initial point, Where do I start?

Firstly, as somebody with a Registered Disablity I felt that with the old but Better version, You did an exellent job of making this site acessable to all, but now I would have to say you've made it worse.

As somebody with Eyesight dificulties (though I'm not blind) I find the all white background painfull for my eyes to look at, perhaps a grey background would be nice?
I also find the in the posts there are no visible borders like there was in the old but Better version, even if this is just a think black line, it would help me alot.

In the "Advanced Search" section, the old but Better style of search function (single search) was better and I would prefer to get this version each time.

In the search results itself I prefer not to have to scoll down to see more than 1 result as the box is too big, not all of the text display's in the box and again there is a lack of visible borders.

I prefer to "search all open forums" and see ALL the results rather than just a selection. Previously I would click on "Advanced Search", type into the search box and hit enter and find ALL the results and usually what I wanted. But now when I search a perticular keyword I can't find several threads that I know were in the list on the old but Better version.

In the posts themselves, I find the "Manage Atachments" section of the "Go Advanced" bit was much simpler in the old but Better version.

I'm sure there are plenty of other issues that I would like raise, but right now its 12:45am here in england and I want to go to bed.

Yeah. Almost all browsers now trump IE. I rarely ever use it.

You haven't tinkered w/any of the HTML settings on forum have you? Like where it says "HTML On - Convert Linebreaks" if you click "Go Advanced" & scroll down?

Nope I left those alone as I am not sure what they do. :p

I haven't scanned the whole thread, so I apologize if it's a repeat, but the first time I try to log in, I get "Invalid Redirect URL (http://ticklingforum.com/index.php?)", then the next time I attempt it, it works. Ideas?

I haven't scanned the whole thread, so I apologize if it's a repeat, but the first time I try to log in, I get "Invalid Redirect URL (http://ticklingforum.com/index.php?)", then the next time I attempt it, it works. Ideas?

Just tried that on Chrome and had no issues. What Browser are you using? Cleared cache? Due to how massive the update was, I'd recommend updating the main page bookmark if you have it & clearing cookies/cache.

Nope I left those alone as I am not sure what they do. :p

Lol. 'Kay.

Ummm.. well .. when I use the Chrome Browser and post a youtube video it doesn't show it until I go BACK into that post. This might be the case for you as well?

Try posting Marquee and then leaving the thread and re-entering. :)

I'm sure there are plenty of other issues that I would like raise, but right now its 12:45am here in england and I want to go to bed.

Hiya.

I'm in NO position to speak towards what will & will not be changing color-wise, but you aren't alone in not digging the bright white. I believe Admin is working on coming up with a color background that keeps with the layout format as well as appeases the populace. :)

As far as the functionality? -- It's been a long time coming. And for many, it's going to take a LOT of getting used to.. whether you're a vet or a newbie. I plan on putting together some Guides to help make getting accustomed to the changes a little bit easier for everyone. Other than that, hopefully the design and mechanics grow on you in time. But there still are kinks being worked out, so don't give up yet. :D

J

Lol. 'Kay.

Ummm.. well .. when I use the Chrome Browser and post a youtube video it doesn't show it until I go BACK into that post. This might be the case for you as well?

Try posting Marquee and then leaving the thread and re-entering.

Ok sounds like a good idea. :thumbsup:

yes so far i have had only on problem and that is trying to get in to the chat room here. every time i try my internet opens and closes the tab until it finally says there was a page error and i cant get back TMF unless i type the URL in again any ideas? please and thank you

yes so far i have had only on problem and that is trying to get in to the chat room here. every time i try my internet opens and closes the tab until it finally says there was a page error and i cant get back TMF unless i type the URL in again any ideas? please and thank you

Are you using IE as well?

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back