• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Questions Regarding V4 Update:

Okie. I used IE 8 to test the other user's issue and had no problems. I'm currently upgrading to IE 9 and will try it again.

You might just need to re-install Java.

I can't remember for certain, but I believe when I first started on the forum here, I used IE and was always in the Chat-room and would experience that issue as well.

alright i will try :) thank you so much i hope it works. i will let you know

In the old version, I would be able to see my "last login" information on the main forum page. Is that still available?
As CrystalLight has said, this information appears to have moved to the profile page.

I am still seeing user customizations in their profiles even though the box is unchecked in my settings...any way to get rid of them?

EDIT: And I was booted off when posting this reply...
I'm trying to figure out why this is failing. I'll post updates as I have them. Did you resolve the booting issue?

Ok this is a relatively minor issue. But it seems that marquee HTML function does not work in this version. Not sure if its because of Opera 11 or if its something to do with the settings I have or if its a quirk with Version 4. :)

This might be an HTML issue with certain browsers not all of them like the marquee function I think.
Check your marquee code, Kurchman. I updated my installation of Opera to the latest and can get a marquee to work. As CrystalLight pointed out, it seems to work. Note that the marquee tag is an obsolete HTML tag that is supported by the grace of the browser makers alone. Here's a test one:
<marquee>Fahrvergnugen</marquee>

everytime i try to log in the chatroom it says a problem with the webpage caused internet explorer to close and reopen the tab????? i have the latest internet explorer and it worked fine last week

yes so far i have had only on problem and that is trying to get in to the chat room here. every time i try my internet opens and closes the tab until it finally says there was a page error and i cant get back TMF unless i type the URL in again any ideas? please and thank you

I tested Chat on IE 7 & had no issues entering.

Make sure you have cleared your cache and that your Java is up to date. :)
My suggestion here is the same as CrystalLight's. Install the latest version of Java (preferably uninstalling all older versions) and try again. I can explain how to do this if need be. If that fails, try downloading the Opera (http://www.opera.com), Chrome (http://www.google.com/chrome/) or Firefox (http://www.firefox.com) internet browsers to use instead of IE. If one works, then it is an IE-specific issue. Alternatively, you could try updating IE to version 8 if it is a version below that.

I haven't scanned the whole thread, so I apologize if it's a repeat, but the first time I try to log in, I get "Invalid Redirect URL (http://ticklingforum.com/index.php?)", then the next time I attempt it, it works. Ideas?
This is an issue I ran into. If you log in from http://ticklingforum.com and NOT http://[B]www[/B].ticklingforum.com (note the www) it produces this error. I'll work on a fix.

Greetings from the stupid Brit.

I don't normally like to critisise, but regarding the new look I would say in a word, AWFULL!
Why did you have to change it in the first place? The old but BETTER version was fine!

Now that I have made My initial point, Where do I start?

Firstly, as somebody with a Registered Disablity I felt that with the old but Better version, You did an exellent job of making this site acessable to all, but now I would have to say you've made it worse.

As somebody with Eyesight dificulties (though I'm not blind) I find the all white background painfull for my eyes to look at, perhaps a grey background would be nice?
I also find the in the posts there are no visible borders like there was in the old but Better version, even if this is just a think black line, it would help me alot.

In the "Advanced Search" section, the old but Better style of search function (single search) was better and I would prefer to get this version each time.

In the search results itself I prefer not to have to scoll down to see more than 1 result as the box is too big, not all of the text display's in the box and again there is a lack of visible borders.

I prefer to "search all open forums" and see ALL the results rather than just a selection. Previously I would click on "Advanced Search", type into the search box and hit enter and find ALL the results and usually what I wanted. But now when I search a perticular keyword I can't find several threads that I know were in the list on the old but Better version.

In the posts themselves, I find the "Manage Atachments" section of the "Go Advanced" bit was much simpler in the old but Better version.

I'm sure there are plenty of other issues that I would like raise, but right now its 12:45am here in england and I want to go to bed.
I'm trying to decide what to do with the white that won't require me to redo the whole style (which I've not the time, frankly, to do). Myriads and I have to ponder where is the best way to go, color-wise.

As to the search and attachments features, I cannot do much about that. They are where vBulletin has chosen to go, and we can't stay in an old version forever. New security exploits come up every day for the old version, and only the new is receiving serious attention in terms of development.

I haven't scanned the whole thread, so I apologize if it's a repeat, but the first time I try to log in, I get "Invalid Redirect URL (http://ticklingforum.com/index.php?)", then the next time I attempt it, it works. Ideas?
This should now be corrected.

I am using 11. The latest is 11.5. I can see your marquee fine without problems. Its when I do one of my own it seems to only work in preview mode.

Let me try again.

<marquee>:bunny:</marquee>
<marquee> I LOVE MARQUEES</marquee>

Ok I see the issue. It seems quirky with smileys and the marquee. The text marquee works super ok. The widdle bunny one is not showing up and only show in preview mode in advanced editor.

I am using 11. The latest is 11.5. I can see your marquee fine without problems. Its when I do one of my own it seems to only work in preview mode.

Let me try again.

<marquee>:bunny:</marquee>
<marquee> I LOVE MARQUEES</marquee>
I see them both, Kurchman. Can you?

I am still seeing user customizations in their profiles even though the box is unchecked in my settings...any way to get rid of them?

EDIT: And I was booted off when posting this reply...
I tested this on two accounts and confirm that the option isn't working. I'll put in a support ticket.

Nope only the text one. The widdle bunny only shows up in preview mode in the advanced edit option,
Hmm, I see that too in Opera. Let me try something.

<marquee>
bunny.gif
</marquee>

That seems to work. Post it as an image in IMG tags and marquee images appear to work. It must have some issue with the conversion of smilies to images.

Hmm, I see that too in Opera. Let me try something.

<marquee>
bunny.gif
</marquee>

I see it now. YAY A happy widdle bunny. :D

<marquee scrollamount=15>
bunny.gif
</marquee>

<marquee scrollamount=15>
DanceBun1.gif
</marquee>

The hard part is finding the name for the gif file. I couldnt get the tank or medcopter to work. :D

Glad it worked. :)

I've tweaked the posts to have a bit more of a defined border and darkened the white a touch. Let me know how things look.

Glad it worked. :)

I've tweaked the posts to have a bit more of a defined border and darkened the white a touch. Let me know how things look.

Things look pretty good. :cool: At least on my end. Lot easier to read everything now. :thumbsup:

From a readability point of view I think we've gotten things to a solid point.

The addition of the thin black edge, minor color shifts, and font size changes seem to have done the trick.

Myriads

The last activity on thye profile page only shows what I viewed before I navigate to that page. In the older version, it showed the date and time of my previous login and wasn't constantly changing to reflect my activities. This information was on the forum page at the top right corner as soon as I logged in. Now when I go to the profile, it only tells me the page that I was on before, not the last time that I was logged in. Can you bring that info back?

I tested this on two accounts and confirm that the option isn't working. I'll put in a support ticket.

Thank you sir! I have indeed resolved the booting issue but managing attachments and imbedding vids has become a bit of a chore...I actually end up leaving the thread and upon my return the things I have posted are there...

The last activity on thye profile page only shows what I viewed before I navigate to that page. In the older version, it showed the date and time of my previous login and wasn't constantly changing to reflect my activities. This information was on the forum page at the top right corner as soon as I logged in. Now when I go to the profile, it only tells me the page that I was on before, not the last time that I was logged in. Can you bring that info back?

I don't believe so. HDS or Myriads is going to have to confirm, but I believe that is just one of the changes that are part of the upgrade.

the only thing i use here is the search, cause i want to look at certain topics and my topics arent even coming up by date even when i use the advanced search option it still doesnt work. i just want to keep up on a certain fetish and the date sorter isnt working, not even in the advanced search option.

the only thing i use here is the search, cause i want to look at certain topics and my topics arent even coming up by date even when i use the advanced search option it still doesnt work. i just want to keep up on a certain fetish and the date sorter isnt working, not even in the advanced search option.

This is one of the features I'm working on a guide for. Searching has changed a LOT. If you'd like me to give it a shot, but don't feel like openly posting what you're seeking, just shoot me a PM. :)

I don't like the new update...at all. Readability has suffered tremendously, everything is squeezed, it is more difficult than before to distinguish different threads visually.

I don't like the new update...at all. Readability has suffered tremendously, everything is squeezed, it is more difficult than before to distinguish different threads visually.

Yes.. it is a very different layout & honestly might just take some time to get used to. HDS & Myriads did tweak the coloring on posts/threads, though. So that should help. :)

What's New

3/29/2024
The TMF Gathering forums keep you up to date on where and when folk are meeting up.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back