• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Questions Regarding V4 Update:

Any ideas on bringing back the video chatroom? I'm a n00b so don't rly know what happened to bring it down.

:siterocks::siterocks:

They decided to start charging a few grand a year to have the audio/visual side of things.

Also the ads that were part of the embedded boundary around the room were not screened and often contained i-frame vector viri and such.

In short is was a shoddy room, that suddenly became very expensive.

Myriads

A in house developed chat program would be an option. But it's one that I couldn't give a go ahead for at this time. Why? Bandwidth costs on a chat client can be nasty. And the TMF for better or worse, can't go into debt like the government, so we have to take great care in anything that could spike our costs.

I won't argue that voice and video chat are things people would enjoy, but I'm not sure we could handle the costs in bandwidth for them at this time.

Myriads

I don't like the new update...at all. Readability has suffered tremendously, everything is squeezed, it is more difficult than before to distinguish different threads visually.
Much of this will simply have to be tolerated. We don't have the ability to radically change the layout, mainly because it makes updating the software so time-consuming as to be impossible. We can make tweaks here and there if you have specific issues and can point us in a direction to go, but no promises.

the only thing i use here is the search, cause i want to look at certain topics and my topics arent even coming up by date even when i use the advanced search option it still doesnt work. i just want to keep up on a certain fetish and the date sorter isnt working, not even in the advanced search option.
Search is a weird beast to use on this version. CrystalLight's guide should help, but I honestly think there is something wrong with it (searches I once was able to do also don't work). Are you not getting any results with a search that once worked? For example, I once was able to search my abbreviated name (HDS*) and see if anyone had asked for my help in a post. Now, I cannot. It is peculiar. I have to keep looking at it, but perhaps CrystalLight's guide will help.

The last activity on thye profile page only shows what I viewed before I navigate to that page. In the older version, it showed the date and time of my previous login and wasn't constantly changing to reflect my activities. This information was on the forum page at the top right corner as soon as I logged in. Now when I go to the profile, it only tells me the page that I was on before, not the last time that I was logged in. Can you bring that info back?
Could it be done? I am sure. But, I don't think we can easily do it, as I'd have to find out where that information is stored (if it is now) and then pull it for users when they view any page. It quickly becomes an issue of performance (as whatever I write will be more inefficient than what the vBulletin developers write).

As to the chatroom, we could write one that did video and audio. It could be bandwidth-sparing if we stuck all the video uploading on the user's end, but there is no way that would work for more than one or two users viewing a feed unless you distribute it. The time required to write such a program that is stable and useful would be unmanagable. I've been on the lookout for a good chatroom solution that we can host (text-only), but few exist; chat is a dying field, and usually it comes as part of a larger package.

The problem with Tinychat, as far as I can tell, is that it has no control. We have the chatroom we have because it has an immense degree of control. We can ban if we need to. We appoint moderators as needed. This had to be done; the early chatrooms were a uncontrollable wasteland that served no purpose. This is the problem. Plenty of free chat solutions exist; few to none exist that combine the control we need with cost we can afford. We're always looking for options, though.

I am depressed about the old A/V room, though. It took a lot of work to make the TMF interface with it (their API documentation was nonexistent to outright wrong) and then it became a nonoption. Unhappy code monkey. =(

The last activity on thye profile page only shows what I viewed before I navigate to that page. In the older version, it showed the date and time of my previous login and wasn't constantly changing to reflect my activities. This information was on the forum page at the top right corner as soon as I logged in. Now when I go to the profile, it only tells me the page that I was on before, not the last time that I was logged in. Can you bring that info back?
I dug around a little, and it turns out that they have a line of code to do just that, but it was commented out and thus disabled. I'll enable it and make it look presentable. It's up now on the main style; it will make it to the others shortly.

EDIT: On all styles now. :)

Last edited:
Much of this will simply have to be tolerated. We don't have the ability to radically change the layout, mainly because it makes updating the software so time-consuming as to be impossible. We can make tweaks here and there if you have specific issues and can point us in a direction to go, but no promises.

Is there any way to edit the thread listing layout to remove the "Started by Such-and-such, 08-02-2011 10:53 PM" and shorten it to just have the thread starter's name as it was before?

One main issue I see in readability now is that it's hard to distinguish between the different threads simply because there's so much text thrown in. The Video/audio clips section is a prime example of this. The old layout would show the entire thread name (usually relatively long) with just the thread starter's name underneath, and the next long line of text would be the name of the next thread. Now, every line is a long line of text, and the only way to distinguish between a thread title and thread start info is the slight color difference.

Is there any way to edit the thread listing layout to remove the "Started by Such-and-such, 08-02-2011 10:53 PM" and shorten it to just have the thread starter's name as it was before?

One main issue I see in readability now is that it's hard to distinguish between the different threads simply because there's so much text thrown in. The Video/audio clips section is a prime example of this. The old layout would show the entire thread name (usually relatively long) with just the thread starter's name underneath, and the next long line of text would be the name of the next thread. Now, every line is a long line of text, and the only way to distinguish between a thread title and thread start info is the slight color difference.

Thank you for writing out my concern. This actually is the only thing that really bothers me. Once you read in a thread, everything is okay.

I second that. I do find that it looks somewhat cluttered now, to the point that I need to read the thread titles more carefully to get an idea what they're about.

I also find that there's too much description text under the name of each of the forums on the main page, but I do understand how that text is useful to people who are new to the TMF.

Other than that, I wish the forum names and thread titles were a bit darker, same for the background, but those are minor quibbles and a matter of personal taste.

>>>>> In Search of F/M

I used to be able to search for f/m posts simply by using "f/m" as the keyword.

When I try to do so now, I get the message:

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms

Please advise, and thanks.

PAUL JONES

PAUL JONES
I think one of the last things that they'll do is update the indexing for the search engine. So until they do that, I don't think it'll be working until they iron out all other possible bugs. And even then, with a site this size, it'll take a while to index everything.

PAUL JONES

I just tried every variation of search for f/m and pulled nothing up as well. Including going back before the update happened.

It's definitely wonky. HDS is going to have to take a bit of a look at it.

The short of it is that search is borked. It's most borked if you use tiny or common search terms. We had this issue with the old search, and it seems they still have it in the new.

Myriads

I cannot figure out how to attach clips or images. I go to file upload manager, select add files, select my file, hit upload, but then nothing happens - the clip does not show like the other existing attachments are..

It also does not appear to me that there is a way to remove an attached file if need be? You cannot delete the original top thread so if you need to take a file off from such a post your pretty much screwed?

Check here.

I threw it together as soon as I saw your question, so if I missed something -- Please let me know. :)

A blog customization problem: when I go to save any changes I make to customizing my blog, I get this message:

blogproblems.jpg

But after I go to my albums, copy and paste the URL in the box for Background Image, then it saves without a problem.

A blog customization problem: when I go to save any changes I make to customizing my blog, I get this message:

View attachment 260154

But after I go to my albums, copy and paste the URL in the box for Background Image, then it saves without a problem.

Were you not using a image from your albums?

And did you have anything filled in to the Background Color area if you weren't using an image?

You also need to make sure you're not using the BB Code URL.

Were you not using a image from your albums?

And did you have anything filled in to the Background Color area if you weren't using an image?

You also need to make sure you're not using the BB Code URL.

No, I am using a picture from one of my albums. It's just that comes up when I click save, even if I don't make any changes. It tells me the Background Image is invalid but once I copy and paste the URL of a picture from my albums, then it saves without a problem.

And I have no idea what a BB Code URL is. I just follow the instructions it's giving me. At least I try to.

Oy fuck. I've been looking at User Profile. Hang on. Lemme go look.

Okay. That's all fucked up. And it has to be for reasons out of my understanding. I'll pass this off to Myriads & HDS.

I'm seeing this when I'm viewing Kurch and my conversations:

viewingconvo.jpg

Neither he nor I have that as a background on our profiles.

I've seen people commending that addition, saying it is a good way to know when a thread has just been replied to and is not at the top because it is really new. But, I can understand how distinguishing the two is difficult. What would be your (and others') suggestion for how to improve that contrast? What would you like to see?

I just tried every variation of search for f/m and pulled nothing up as well. Including going back before the update happened.

It's definitely wonky. HDS is going to have to take a bit of a look at it.
Something is wrong with search. I think the reason is that I have to manually enable boolean search for every usergroup. I enabled it for Admin and was able to find results I couldn't before. I'm turning it on for all usergroups. Please try searches and let me know if they work better now. I have no idea why boolean search is needed to make it work, but then I don't know most things. Boolean should only matter for conditionals, but eh.

I'm seeing this when I'm viewing Kurch and my conversations:

View attachment 260198

Neither he nor I have that as a background on our profiles.
I checked the images listed for both of your backgrounds. Here is what I have:
Kurchatovium: http://www.ticklingforum.com/attachment.php?albumid=820&attachmentid=5613
goddess_nemesis: http://www.ticklingforum.com/attachment.php?albumid=17&attachmentid=15079

If you open those, do you not get either the "middle finger to the glasses" or "tickling in stocks" images? Here is what I think happened. The upgrade moved album and blog attachments around. I think that you are linking to the old attachments from version three. Can you go to the image you want for your profile background in your albums and recopy the address to save it in your customized profile? See if that fixes it and please let me know either way.

Nemesis, with respect to your blog issue, I looked at the current image for your blog background: http://www.ticklingforum.com/picture.php?albumid=17&pictureid=259594
I'm not seeing anything there. Are you certain you have a valid image entered there? Which image are you trying to use?

I have a feeling I may need to tell everyone to rebuild their customized profiles and blogs, but I want to confirm that what I have said fixes both of your issues first.

As an additional suggestion: can you make a note of your profile customizations (and perhaps blog) and then reset them to the default? Save after that, and then go back in and recustomize everything. I wonder if it all needs to be refreshed.

I checked the images listed for both of your backgrounds. Here is what I have:
Kurchatovium: http://www.ticklingforum.com/attachment.php?albumid=820&attachmentid=5613
goddess_nemesis: http://www.ticklingforum.com/attachment.php?albumid=17&attachmentid=15079

If you open those, do you not get either the "middle finger to the glasses" or "tickling in stocks" images? Here is what I think happened. The upgrade moved album and blog attachments around. I think that you are linking to the old attachments from version three. Can you go to the image you want for your profile background in your albums and recopy the address to save it in your customized profile? See if that fixes it and please let me know either way.

Ok, I did that, but it didn't change the background while viewing my and Kurch's conversations.

attachment.php

This is the picture I'm using as my background.

Nemesis, with respect to your blog issue, I looked at the current image for your blog background: http://www.ticklingforum.com/picture.php?albumid=17&pictureid=259594
I'm not seeing anything there. Are you certain you have a valid image entered there? Which image are you trying to use?

I have a feeling I may need to tell everyone to rebuild their customized profiles and blogs, but I want to confirm that what I have said fixes both of your issues first.

When I first looked at my blog, I noticed how screwed up it was and it's the same for people who had their blogs customized in the old version. I thought it just needed to be re-tweaked and I got it to look like I want it. So it looks like this:

myblogm.jpg

But it wouldn't let me use this link -- http://www.ticklingforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=259594&d=1311907074 -- and I had to use this link -- http://www.ticklingforum.com/album.php?albumid=17&attachmentid=259594 -- in order for it to save.

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back