• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Questions Regarding V4 Update:

Ok, I did that, but it didn't change the background while viewing my and Kurch's conversations.

attachment.php

This is the picture I'm using as my background.

When I first looked at my blog, I noticed how screwed up it was and it's the same for people who had their blogs customized in the old version. I thought it just needed to be re-tweaked and I got it to look like I want it. So it looks like this:

View attachment 260199

But it wouldn't let me use this link -- http://www.ticklingforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=259594&d=1311907074 -- and I had to use this link -- http://www.ticklingforum.com/album.php?albumid=17&attachmentid=259594 -- in order for it to save.
I am seeing odd things. Both your current profile background image and the old, broken image are in the database under you, just in different places. Something is wrong; I will put in a support ticket.

Did that fix the blog, though? Do you have to put that in every time you save the blog? Or just that once?

As an FYI to those who asked about disabling customized profiles, that setting does not work and it is a known bug. There is no ETA on fixing it. I have updated it to note that it still affects 4.1.5 PL1 (which we run).

I've seen people commending that addition, saying it is a good way to know when a thread has just been replied to and is not at the top because it is really new. But, I can understand how distinguishing the two is difficult. What would be your (and others') suggestion for how to improve that contrast? What would you like to see?

Would there be any way to manually change the wording and formatting to it to make it a bit cleaner?

"Started by" isn't really necessary since having the thread starter's username under the thread title shows who started it. All other versions of vB show it like this, and I highly doubt anyone is confused by it for very long (if at all).

The date is quite useful there now that you mention it, but could it be fixed to remove any leading zeros (mM-dD-YYYY rather than MM-DD-YYYY) as well as removing the time? Since the reasoning behind showing the date is to distinguish old bumped threads from new fresh ones, the specific time isn't important enough to have to show in the thread listing as well.

"Started by CrystalLight‎, 07-28-2011 12:52 PM"

could be truncated to

"CrystalLight [7-28-2011]"

or something along those lines. That would show the thread starter as well as the original thread start date without all the extra clutter.

Did that fix the blog, though? Do you have to put that in every time you save the blog? Or just that once?

It happens every time I hit "save changes" in the customize blog style.

Right now, I have it to what I want so I'm not too worried about it but I thought that this is something that should be brought up now so it can be fixed.

Something is wrong with search. I think the reason is that I have to manually enable boolean search for every usergroup. I enabled it for Admin and was able to find results I couldn't before. I'm turning it on for all usergroups. Please try searches and let me know if they work better now. I have no idea why boolean search is needed to make it work, but then I don't know most things. Boolean should only matter for conditionals, but eh.

'Kay. I'll try running the previous user's "f/m" search and let you know. If it works, I'll hammer out a guide today.

I have a feeling I may need to tell everyone to rebuild their customized profiles and blogs, but I want to confirm that what I have said fixes both of your issues first.

Re: Customized Profiles.

I already made an updated Guide. I had dinked w/the profiles yesterday and didn't experience any significant issues. Since there seems to be issues w/placing images, I'll just double check that I can load one of mine. But perhaps resetting to Default and starting again might need to happen. We'll see.

Update: H'okay. Doing another involved "f/m" search brought up nothing on all counts.

Then I did a basic "tmi tuesday" search (just using the search bar function) and it brought up results.

H'okay. We have an issue w/Images in the User profiles.

I have mine set back to Default. And just went to try and throw an image in as a BR to make sure there aren't any issues.

I have 2 albums. One public. One Private specifically for BR's. -- When I try to select the private one, it brings up my public pictures. When I select the public one, it brings up my private pictures.

Didn't even test to see if an image would lay as a BR because this is an issue of itself.

I see the info for when I last visited the site. Yay! As simple of a request as this was, thank you for enabling it. You guys are great!

Update: H'okay. Doing another involved "f/m" search brought up nothing on all counts.

Then I did a basic "tmi tuesday" search (just using the search bar function) and it brought up results.
You have to search for more than just that. However, it doesn't seem to like the "f/m" as a search. I'd bet that the slash is proving to be an issue. Honestly, search through vB is terrible. There is a new search engine they are working on, but until they finalize it, I'm not touching it. I suggest using a Google or Bing search as a substitute. Enter the following:
site:ticklingforum.com f/m
This will search the TMF for the term f/m.

H'okay. We have an issue w/Images in the User profiles.

I have mine set back to Default. And just went to try and throw an image in as a BR to make sure there aren't any issues.

I have 2 albums. One public. One Private specifically for BR's. -- When I try to select the private one, it brings up my public pictures. When I select the public one, it brings up my private pictures.

Didn't even test to see if an image would lay as a BR because this is an issue of itself.
I'm confused. So, when you open your private album, the public images come up? Just clicking on the album? Or only when you try to use an image as a background?

To go back to earlier issues:
The problem with visitor message conversations is known. It has not yet been fixed. I will implement a fix as soon as they do. I'll remove the images from all conversations for now, but you won't get backgrounds on them. This should make things a little better.

The blog issue is also a known bug. Again, it has not yet been fixed. I will implement a fix as soon as they do. For now, just use the workaround (entering an image in each time you do something).

Okay, conversations should be cleared of bad images (all images, in fact) for now. Profiles remain as they were.

You have to search for more than just that. However, it doesn't seem to like the "f/m" as a search. I'd bet that the slash is proving to be an issue. Honestly, search through vB is terrible. There is a new search engine they are working on, but until they finalize it, I'm not touching it. I suggest using a Google or Bing search as a substitute. Enter the following:
site:ticklingforum.com f/m
This will search the TMF for the term f/m.

The only reason I did aforementioned search was due to a user claiming all he had to do was type in 'f/m'.

I'm prolly gonna need your help with creating a Guide for utilizing search then.

I'm confused. So, when you open your private album, the public images come up? Just clicking on the album? Or only when you try to use an image as a background?

Just clicking on the album. I didn't bother applying any image files.

The only reason I did aforementioned search was due to a user claiming all he had to do was type in 'f/m'.

I'm prolly gonna need your help with creating a Guide for utilizing search then.
It was for the member's benefit as well. I would create your guide as best you can, as you know about as much as I do. I would only caution you to include a note about using Google or Bing to do a site search in the event that the internal search fails. Until we get a new engine, I can't fix this. =( I'll be glad to help if you want, but I don't know what I can do. Ask if you've got a specific question (in PM or email or whatever).

Just clicking on the album. I didn't bother applying any image files.
Bizarre, I don't see that when I do it (mods/admins can see private albums). Can anyone else with a private and public album confirm that this happens?

It was for the member's benefit as well. I would create your guide as best you can, as you know about as much as I do. I would only caution you to include a note about using Google or Bing to do a site search in the event that the internal search fails. Until we get a new engine, I can't fix this. =( I'll be glad to help if you want, but I don't know what I can do. Ask if you've got a specific question (in PM or email or whatever).

I'll email you, lova. -- I just need a few tips. I'm also gonna be mockin' up yer "Forum Updates" threads from before. I'll be stealing the HTML from them, so they don't look too different.

Re: User profile pics

I don't know why it did it. Was the weirdest thing. So I just pegged it as an issue. Try it w/mine?

When I log on to the forum using Google Chrome, the text box isn't there, so I can't type anything. I can't make new threads, can't reply, can't post messages on my profile, can't make private messages or reply to private messages.

I logged in using Mozilla Firefox as my browser and it works so I could type this reply, do I have to always use FireFox? Or is there an update for Google Chrome I need?

When I log on to the forum using Google Chrome, the text box isn't there, so I can't type anything. I can't make new threads, can't reply, can't post messages on my profile, can't make private messages or reply to private messages.

I logged in using Mozilla Firefox as my browser and it works so I could type this reply, do I have to always use FireFox? Or is there an update for Google Chrome I need?

No.. there shouldn't be. I've been using Chrome this entire time & had no issues. Does this happen everytime you try to access forum from Chrome?

Yes, I even uninstalled it and installed it again, and it still didn't work

Yes, I even uninstalled it and installed it again, and it still didn't work
If you have Javascript disabled, it may break things, although I'd be surprised if vBulletin is disabled merely by turning off Javascript. Did you change any of Chrome's default settings?

no I did not
Then, honestly, I am not sure. If you have the latest version of Chrome and it does not work but works for others, then the evidence points to a problem specific to your machine. I assume other browsers work, since you are posting here. Which one were you able to get to work?

EDIT: Apologies, I missed that you were using Firefox. I am at a loss, then; I don't know what is causing your issue. I can only suggest to do a factory-rest of Chrome's settings to see if that changes things.

ok, if it doesn't work I'll just have to use Firefox whenever I wanna log in

HDS/Myriads: -- What's going on w/the weird centering in some threads?

Reference 1.

Reference 2.
Speedbump's signature was improperly copied from YouTube and omitted the closing object tag, screwing with the layout of all things thereafter. This has been corrected. Please take care when pasting complex signatures that you include all the markup (and that the source properly closed the tags in the markup).

This is more an annoying question for CrystalLight, but it's worth noting for other mods.

I can not seem to see the background color in my profile. It's set to some ridiculous pink, but all I see is white. Am I missing something?

What's New

3/29/2024
The TMF Gathering forums keep you up to date on where and when folk are meeting up.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back