• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

UK Comic From 60's

Joker Jack

TMF Master
Does anyone here remember a UK kids comic from about 40 years ago (yeah, I know...) where one of the regular characters was a teacher who always dressed in a suit of armour? I think it must have been either the 'Dandy' or the 'Beano'.

The ruffian kids in the teacher's class were obsessed with finding out what their teacher looked like beneath the armour and each week the storyline featured the latest scheme they'd dreamt up to find out.

The only episode I can actually recall featured a school trip out to sea on a boat. At one point the teacher (in full armour, as ever) is on deck giving orders when a flying fish suddenly leaps out of the sea and disappears, wriggling and writhing, down the open visor of his helmet.

The next comic frame I will never forget. The wriggling fish is now down the front of the teacher's armour and it's tickling him half to death. We see him writhing around and laughing like crazy while frantically clawing at the armour. I think the speech bubble read something like “HA-HA-HA-HA! HEE-HEE-HEE! IT TICKLES! GET IT OUT!” Yes, I recall it was all in block capitals.

Of course his pupils are riveted to the scene, all desperate to see their teacher rip off his armour to stop the tickling. Alas, in the next frame, the fish has jumped back out of the teacher's armour leaving him lying on the deck of the boat gasping and panting with relief.

I think this comic scene was responsible, in part, for fuelling what was, even at that young age, an established fascination with tickling, and in particular non-consensual tickling and the tickling of dominant authority figures. I would utterly love one day to somehow find that comic strip, but alas, I don't hold out much hope!

As you'll see, I'm reviving my own post here from a few years back!
Following some recent research I've discovered that the British comic concerned was indeed the 'Dandy'. The strip was entitled 'Whacko!' and the teacher was called 'Sir-teach-a-lot'. He apparently wore the suit of armour for his own protection as the class was so unruly.
Picture of the armour-clad teacher attached!

Whacko.jpg

I seem to recollect there were a few characters in the Dandy Beano and other comics that had moments of tickling

Bully Beef - Jocks and Geordies - Gnasher - Bash Street Kids

all stuff I guess not politically correct nowdays

As a teacher myself, I love it! Thanks for posting this~ I love cartoons, especially back when political correctness was not a thing ;)

Back when I was a student, I worked in a kindergarten for a while, to pay for my tuition. There have been days when I indeed wished I was wearing an armor, haha :D

Speaking of anti-PC, here is the modern version, following the recent school shootings controversial proposals which have been evoked lately. It's by Harry Harrison, the South China's Morning Post's main cartoonist, and as always with him it's both true and hilarious :blaugh::

07F17810-FF07-4AB7-B7AC-0D1017B2B042.png

I remember a tickling scene in the 'Buster' comic from the 80s. The strip was called 'School Belle', and was about a girl who thought she was the prettiest girl in the school. In the scene she had her bare feet hanging out of a window as a caretaker went past, tickling her feet with his broom and reducing her to hysterics.

I was about ten when I saw this, and while it did things to me my tickling fetish wasn't yet fully formed. I knew I liked feet, but then, as now, my foot preference was for stocking feet so it didn't have the impact it could have. It was still good to see, though.

Cheers, everybody,
SmashTV

I remember a tickling scene in the 'Buster' comic from the 80s. The strip was called 'School Belle', and was about a girl who thought she was the prettiest girl in the school. In the scene she had her bare feet hanging out of a window as a caretaker went past, tickling her feet with his broom and reducing her to hysterics.

I was about ten when I saw this, and while it did things to me my tickling fetish wasn't yet fully formed. I knew I liked feet, but then, as now, my foot preference was for stocking feet so it didn't have the impact it could have. It was still good to see, though.

Cheers, everybody,
SmashTV

Holy shit! I remember that strip. For years I thought it was fake. But thanks for reminding me

There was also a Minnie The Minx comci from The Beano in the 90's where she breaks into a costume party and ended with her tied to a hat stand being told that her costume would be Joan of Arc. Minnie would worry about being burned at the stake until the last panel showed her getting tickled on the feet with feathers as she was being 'tickled at the stake' instead.

Even back as a kid, I thought the connection was a bit of a reach.

+I don't remember that., but there was a British show called "Thames Presents" ( I think) that was put on early syndicated UHF channels in the US during the Benny Hill craze -along with Tommy Cooper's show, Frankie Howard's show,etc. There was a sexy redhead who was always mentioning being tied up and tickled in different scenarios. I've tried to hunt for it on YouTube but had no success. Anyone remember that?

Good replies so far - I've enjoyed reading about others reminiscences. Would be wonderful if we could track all these down someday.
In the meantime I've attached my only other 'Whacko!" comic page.

nxrp1.jpg

In my childhood, I once came across quite a peculiar historical reference in a kids’ magazine:

back in the Middle Ages, the suits of armor were so heavy, that if a knight fell, he couldn’t stand up again without assistance, but all that layers of metal made knights literally invincible in the battlefield. So, a cunning tactics was developed to deal with it: a lightly armed and thus much more mobile warrior sneaked from behind and threw a mouse down the knight’s collar under his armor.

Recently I tried to find out if it was true, but the net search showed there was absolutely no such information at all – perhaps the magazine’s column was based on some little-known legend or the writer just joked. Indeed, it’s hard to imagine the medieval "Gird your loins and prepare your mice for battle!"

In my childhood, I once came across quite a peculiar historical reference in a kids’ magazine:

back in the Middle Ages, the suits of armor were so heavy, that if a knight fell, he couldn’t stand up again without assistance, but all that layers of metal made knights literally invincible in the battlefield. So, a cunning tactics was developed to deal with it: a lightly armed and thus much more mobile warrior sneaked from behind and threw a mouse down the knight’s collar under his armor.

Recently I tried to find out if it was true, but the net search showed there was absolutely no such information at all – perhaps the magazine’s column was based on some little-known legend or the writer just joked. Indeed, it’s hard to imagine the medieval "Gird your loins and prepare your mice for battle!"

Mmm... Oh I do hope that was true... A big, brave knight reduced to helpless hysterics -writhing and wriggling on the battlefield.

I mblone here, but my grandparents used to frequently buy me Where's Wally or Waldo depending where in the world you are. They had a tickle scene once or twice in every book, tiny little things you had to look for them and boy, did I look haha

Door 44 Productions
What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back