• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Kurch for President

Whew. Thats a relief. Fortunately when I went to school they taught Readin Writin and Arithmetic. LOL

:D :p
Exactly! In my eighth grade English class, we learned to diagram sentences which taught us grammar and syntax. The following year, diagramming sentences was removed from the curriculum and replaced with progressive indoctrination. :eek:

Exactly! In my eighth grade English class, we learned to diagram sentences which taught us grammar and syntax. The following year, diagramming sentences was removed from the curriculum and replaced with progressive indoctrination. :eek:

Sad. :( I remember them starting to dumb down the science and math classes as I was leaving CSUN. They had Chemistry for Non Science majors and Physics for Liberal Art Majors. Odd they never had History for Science Majors or Humanities for Math Majors LOL

Sad. :( I remember them starting to dumb down the science and math classes as I was leaving CSUN. They had Chemistry for Non Science majors and Physics for Liberal Art Majors. Odd they never had History for Science Majors or Humanities for Math Majors LOL
Yes, very odd. :p
It is worth noting that the science courses were dumbed down. :(

Yes, very odd. :p
It is worth noting that the science courses were dumbed down. :(

I am not surprised. I remember even one of my Chemistry professors at CSUN complaining that "The 3 Laws Of Thermodynamics" were as important to know about as anything in the Social Sciences and yet its never taught at all unless you major in Science.

I am not surprised. I remember even one of my Chemistry professors at CSUN complaining that "The 3 Laws Of Thermodynamics" were as important to know about as anything in the Social Sciences and yet its never taught at all unless you major in Science.
I agree. Basic laws of physics, which are essentially how the universe works, should be taught to everybody in high school.

I agree. Basic laws of physics, which are essentially how the universe works, should be taught to everybody in high school.

Yea but they dont sadly. I saw a few college texts recently. They were pathetic. I dont think they were worthy of high school let alone college. They is an index called the competitivness index. The US was #1 at one time now we are about #10 or #13. Part of the index is based on education levels of the populus.

Yea but they dont sadly. I saw a few college texts recently. They were pathetic. I dont think they were worthy of high school let alone college. They is an index called the competitivness index. The US was #1 at one time now we are about #10 or #13. Part of the index is based on education levels of the populus.
The situation in mathematics is also awful here. Many textbooks for college math courses for non-majors are also pathetic--at about the level that a clever 12-year-old would easily understand. :( :(

The situation in mathematics is also awful here. Many textbooks for college math courses for non-majors are also pathetic--at about the level that a clever 12-year-old would easily understand. :( :(

Yea I agree. :iagree: I seen a few math texts as well. Very sad. :( Really in terms of physics you need some understanding of calculus to really grasp many of the concepts. For Quantum Mechanics you need a ton of higher math to even begin to understand it. :p

Yea I agree. :iagree: I seen a few math texts as well. Very sad. :( Really in terms of physics you need some understanding of calculus to really grasp many of the concepts. For Quantum Mechanics you need a ton of higher math to even begin to understand it. :p
Yes, physics without calculus is very low level and a lot of abstract algebra is needed for quantum mechanics.
By way of contrast, they are now putting social justice into some math textbooks for liberal arts majors. :pukefight:

Yes, physics without calculus is very low level and a lot of abstract algebra is needed for quantum mechanics.
By way of contrast, they are now putting social justice into some math textbooks for liberal arts majors. :pukefight:

Oh my. :( I had heard in some math texts they are trying to say math is racist. Maybe thats the social justice part of it. They are doing similar things in science. Adding political stuff into the courses. Totally unacceptable. Its a science course not a political science course. Sorry state of affairs. :eek:

Sadly, some SJW's claim that mathematics is not only racist, but also misogynist. Makes no sense to me because math is neutral in all respects.
317 is prime because it is in fact prime. Not because it gives power to men or whites or humans. Intelligent octopuses on the planet Zork would have to agree that 317 is prime. :D :p

Sadly, some SJW's claim that mathematics is not only racist, but also misogynist. Makes no sense to me because math is neutral in all respects.
317 is prime because it is in fact prime. Not because it gives power to men or whites or humans. Intelligent octopuses on the planet Zork would have to agree that 317 is prime. :D :p

Yea I never understood that argument. :iagree: Math like science is pretty neutral, based solely on the validity of arguments not on race, gender or religion.

Yea I never understood that argument. :iagree: Math like science is pretty neutral, based solely on the validity of arguments not on race, gender or religion.

I find it very sad that some mathematicians jump on the SJW bandwagon, likely to help their academic careers. :(

I find it very sad that some mathematicians jump on the SJW bandwagon, likely to help their academic careers. :(

I agree. :iagree: We have tons of scientists jumping on that very same wagon. Take the whole global warming thing. Its become more politics then science. Everytime I ask what this theory predicts they just tell me how many people believe in it. LOL A lot like the Emperor's New Clothes parable I think. :D :p

I agree. :iagree: We have tons of scientists jumping on that very same wagon. Take the whole global warming thing. Its become more politics then science. Everytime I ask what this theory predicts they just tell me how many people believe in it. LOL A lot like the Emperor's New Clothes parable I think. :D :p
Yes, just like that parable. And the emperor is stark, bare-ass naked. :eek:

Yes, just like that parable. And the emperor is stark, bare-ass naked. :eek:

Yup. LOL :D :p They keep changing the name too... it started as Global Warming.... then it was Global Climate Change.... and now its Global Climate Disruption. My theory is a theory gets worse and worse the more syllables you need to use to describe it. LOL

Perhaps they have a fantasy that there was a time when the climate was perfect and stayed that way. Maybe they should call that fantasy the Climate Garden of Eden. :rowfull:

Perhaps they have a fantasy that there was a time when the climate was perfect and stayed that way. Maybe they should call that fantasy the Climate Garden of Eden. :rowfull:

Yea they probably should. ;) :p I use to argue that climates change all the time. The Sahara Desert was at one time an Oasis. Every 26000 years or so it converts back to being an Oasis. Climate is a very complicated thing. Certainly things we do affect it but also tons of other things we dont do also effect it.

Many cycles exist in nature. The 26,000 year cycle corresponds to the precession of the earth's axis.
I believe that there are more subtle astronomical cycles that we don't yet understand that also affect climate.

Many cycles exist in nature. The 26,000 year cycle corresponds to the precession of the earth's axis.
I believe that there are more subtle astronomical cycles that we don't yet understand that also affect climate.

Yes indeedy. :iagree: One of the many others is the magnetic pole reversal. Happens on a very long time scale I believe like every 600,000 years. I think we are baout due for that one. :eek:

Yes indeedy. :iagree: One of the many others is the magnetic pole reversal. Happens on a very long time scale I believe like every 600,000 years. I think we are baout due for that one. :eek:
According to some geologists, we are overdue for the next reversal. That is scary. :eek:

What's New

4/18/2024
Need to report a post? Click the report button to its lower left!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back