• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Kurch for President

Good one! :rowfull:

That reminds me of a great remark by Tommy Lasorda. When asked if trading Player A for Player B would help the Dodgers, he said that trading Player A for a bag full of broken bats would improve the team. :p

:D :p

A good one as well. :roflmao: I always like Lasorda. :thumbsup:

Alas, he is very old now, 90 years old in fact. :grandpa:
I was in Dodger Stadium when they celebrated his 90th birthday. :D :p

Way cool. :thumbsup: I hope he lives to 100. The Dodgers need him for inspiration if nothing else. I love when he said ...words to the effect "You have to play for the name on the front of the jersey not the name on the back."

Way cool. :thumbsup: I hope he lives to 100. The Dodgers need him for inspiration if nothing else. I love when he said ...words to the effect "You have to play for the name on the front of the jersey not the name on the back."

Yes, that is another of his great quotes. :D :p

I wish they were more coaches like him. :)

Most baseball managers are nowhere near as good as Lasorda was at inspiring players to give their best efforts.
At best, they make the right technical moves during the games.

Most baseball managers are nowhere near as good as Lasorda was at inspiring players to give their best efforts.
At best, they make the right technical moves during the games.

I always thought you need 2 things to be a great coach/manager.

1) A great understanding of the game

2) To be able to inspire players to play greater then they would normally.

Almost all are good at #1 hard to find those good at #2 as well.

I always thought you need 2 things to be a great coach/manager.

1) A great understanding of the game

2) To be able to inspire players to play greater then they would normally.

Almost all are good at #1 hard to find those good at #2 as well.
That is very true, my friend. #1 is important but not rare, as there are always lots of retired players who would take the job of manager/coach.

That is very true, my friend. #1 is important but not rare, as there are always lots of retired players who would take the job of manager/coach.

Yea :iagree: #2 is the rare one. Very hard to inspire. If you can you can make and average player great. :D :

Yea :iagree: #2 is the rare one. Very hard to inspire. If you can you can make and average player great. :D :

Lasorda excelled at that. During the 1988 World Series, he inspired a quite ordinary utility player, Mickey Hatcher, to play like a champion. :D :p

Lasorda excelled at that. During the 1988 World Series, he inspired a quite ordinary utility player, Mickey Hatcher, to play like a champion. :D :p

Yea I agree. :iagree: Thats why I think of Lasorda as someone in the legendary coach category.

What's New

4/19/2024
Check out the huge number of thicklign clips that can be found at Clips4Sale. The webs biggest fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back