• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Derek Jeter retiring after this season

BlackJacker

TMF Poster
One of the best shortstops to ever played the game. Although I'm sad hes going be gone, im kinda glad the Yankees domt need to be him $12 million after this year. Hopefully he will take over a coaching job for the Yankees in the future. Thank you Derek! You will be missed. Win one more ring before you go! #Yankees2014champions

I'm glad he announced it before the season started. He'll get a nice farewell tour and a proper sendoff though I'd be shocked if the Yanks won the Series this year

Nahhhhhh, they taking it. Glad Cano left. If everyone stays healthy, we have a bomb squad

One of the class acts in baseball. Too bad he wasn't healthy last year, so he and Rivera could have retired the same year, and gone into the Hall together. Hopefully he'll stay healthy and have a decent season. After that, next stop for him in 2020, is the Baseball Hall of Fame.

He would've been a major help if he was healthy. I think he's going to hit around the 280 or 290 mark. I don't see him hitting over 300 because of his age

Nahhhhhh, they taking it. Glad Cano left. If everyone stays healthy, we have a bomb squad

Well I don't make a habit of rooting for the Yanks, but I wouldn't be sad if Jeter, Ichiro, Soriano and company got a ring (or another in Jeter's case) before hanging it up. As long as they don't beat the Braves for a third time, I won't lose any sleep over it

A class act as always!!! First ballot Hall of Famer...EASILY!!! Will he become the 1st ever "unanimous" choice?? (I believe Tom Seaver came the closest..around 98.5%..I think)

Never have been..or will be a Yankee fan..but I always appreciate a truly consistent, "real" ballplayer and team leader!!! Too bad he was out most of last season!!!

Like his timing, too!!! All this season without "A-Fraud"...and will be gone next year...and miss all the "hullabaloo" surrounding his possible return!!!

Way to go, Derek!!! (sorry Yankee fans...just had to add what a lot of others may be thinking) Anybody?? LOL!!!

I don't know if there will ever be a unanimous choice, bd. Greg Maddux probably should have been a unanimous choice. What other numbers did he need? One of the only modern day pitchers with more than 350 wins, in an era of five man rotations, and relievers. Over 3000 K's for a guy who wasn't a strikeout pitcher. Four Cy Youngs, many Gold Gloves.

Jeter should get the high 90s percentage that Maddux did. As for Unanimous, I don't think so.

Unanimous is tough. Alot of the voters feel nobody should be unanimous. Babe Ruth wasnt and thats the way they feel. Guys like Aaron, Ripken, just to name a few were perfect choices for unanimous and it still didnt happen.

As for Jeter, Im a Dodger fan but im young enough to not remember a time when Derek Jeter wasnt the shortstop for the New York Yankees. My friend used to have his rookie poster in his room. So its kinda another era of my childhood going away I guess. May not be a Yankee fan but have much respect for Jeter. That play in the 01 division series and that homer in Game 4 of the 01 World Series are legend.He desrevs a send off like Mariano last year and im sure hell get it.

One more year to hear this. "Now batting the shortstop, number 2, Derek Jeter. Number 2.

Unanimous is tough. Alot of the voters feel nobody should be unanimous. Babe Ruth wasnt and thats the way they feel. Guys like Aaron, Ripken, just to name a few were perfect choices for unanimous and it still didnt happen.

As for Jeter, Im a Dodger fan but im young enough to not remember a time when Derek Jeter wasnt the shortstop for the New York Yankees. My friend used to have his rookie poster in his room. So its kinda another era of my childhood going away I guess. May not be a Yankee fan but have much respect for Jeter. That play in the 01 division series and that homer in Game 4 of the 01 World Series are legend.He desrevs a send off like Mariano last year and im sure hell get it.

One more year to hear this. "Now batting the shortstop, number 2, Derek Jeter. Number 2.

I think you're right on every point. There's no logical reason to not vote for him, but some writers have weird metrics for who they choose to vote or not vote for.

Hate the Yankees but Jeter is a GREAT player. Will be different not seeing him on the team anymore after this season.

NCten, to add to that point. This year we had Greg Maddux. Without a doubt a Hall of Famer. I think every baseball fan would agree. But still some didnt vote him in. How do you do that?

NCten, to add to that point. This year we had Greg Maddux. Without a doubt a Hall of Famer. I think every baseball fan would agree. But still some didnt vote him in. How do you do that?

I agree. I'm a Braves fan so I was peeved that our guy got snubbed by anyone. Furthermore, with so much controversy surrounding guys like McGwire, Bonds, Clemens and whether they should get in, it baffles me that people would not cote for guys Like Jeter and Maddux who are as clear cut HOFers as there are

I'm not a Yankees fan but Derek Jeter I respect him and he's one of the few who will give all of his heart at the plate and on the field

That was one heck of a moment last night. The voice of Bob Sheppard and Derek Jeter goes 2-2 by what else, hitting the ball to right field!

As long as there is already a thread about Derek Jeter.. I'll post my thoughts here.

Jeter, for him, has had a subpar season, batting around 260, even though he's played a fair amount of games. As I post this, he is 53 hits shy of 3500 with three and a half weeks to go. Unless he goes on a tear, he'll probably fall a bit short.

One then has to wonder. He is definitely a first ballot Hall of Famer. He will finish with 3400 odd hits, a lifetime batting average around 310, and Gold Gloves, not to mention that he did all of it honestly. He is one of the truly good guys in baseball.

That said, I don't think he will be the first "Unanimous" Hall of Famer. My bet, is he will finish in the high 90s percent that Greg Maddux did when he was elected, and as Mariano Rivera probably will when his time comes.

If Greg Maddux wasn't a "Unanimous" HOF'er, then who would be? 355 wins in an era of relievers, over 3000 K's for a guy that wasn't a strikeout pitcher, four Cy Youngs, Practically dominated the Gold Glove at his position during his career, and countless All Star games.

Jeter's number 2 will be retired later this season, and will be the last "Single" number retired by the Yankees. Hard to believe.

When Derek does retire, he will be missed. He is one of the greatest modern day players, and one of the greatest of all time, not to mention his very quiet, unassuming ,personality.

Thursday will mark the end of an era as Derek Jeter plays his final game at Yankee Stadium in the Bronx. All baseball fans should tune into this one. It will be something to see.

One last time, the voice of Bob Sheppard "now batting for the Yankees, the shortstop number 2, Derek Jeter, number 2.

His final MLB game will be at Fenway. I think this is weirdly appropriate and I bet the Boston fans give him a standing ovation

Ok. That was one hellavu goodbye to Yankee Stadium!

What's New

4/26/2024
Visit Dorr 44 for clips! Details in the D44 box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back