• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Phil Jackson Formally Introduced As President Of NY Knicks.

Mitchell

Level of Coral Feather
www.foxsports.com.

NBA head coaching legend Phil Jackson, who won a total of eleven NBA titles.. Six with the Bulls, and five with the Lakers.. was formally introduced at president of the Knicks today. Jackson signed a five year contract.

Supposedly, Knicks ownership said all other previous decision makers will be taking quote a "Step back", and Jackson will be "Head of all basketball decisions".

This may be Jackson's greatest challenge yet. The Knicks did win 54 games last season, but have struggled this year with injuries, and inconsistency.

I will be very interested to see how this move turns out,. In this situation, Jackson doesn't have future/present Hall of Famers on his roster, like he did when he had Michael Jordan with the Bulls, and Kobe Bryant and Shaq O Neal in LA.

Good Luck to Jackson. It may take some time, but my sense, is that the Knicks will get back to winning. The only reason Jackson isn't the Knicks head coach, is because he said he didn't want the position, due to his physical condition.

He's a basketball deity so it's smart of the Knicks to bring him in. Let the business guys handle business and let the guys who know basketball take care of basketball.

Stands to reason. Not only has he had arguably one of the top 3 coaching careers in NBA history, but he played for the Knicks back in the day, and was part of their two championship seasons as a contributing player. It makes sense that the Knicks went for him. He's technically their most successful alum. Who knows, maybe the Zen Master can bring some stability and success to the Knicks.

So long Phil and good luck. You can succeed while you smirk at these bozos we have running the Lakers now.

I was gonna mention that Phil actually has 13 rings, also!!! More than Red Auerbach and Bill Russell!!! He should be able to bring the Knicks "around"...as he does have Carmelo (if he doesn't opt out) and Tyson Chandler to build around!!! They need a reliable power forward AND a quick, decent shooting point guard, also!!! (which I don't see Phil having any problem finding) Gee, sounds just like the Lakers, doesn't it?? LOL!!!

And speaking of which...The late great Jerry Buss, should have given more control of the team to Jeanie...NOT JIM!!! But that's another story for another time!!!

Anyway...just my two cents!!!

They beat the Pacers 92-86 last night and have won seven games in a row. They're four games out of eighth place and playoff spot. IF they keep playing this way they could make things very interesting in a first round matchup with the Pacers or Heat. Also they're next two games are against the 76ers who suck and the Cavs who aren't much better.

He won't do shit with he Knicks, has little drive left and already whining about coming to the Garden on a frequent basis. Mixed on Melo, great player but makes no one around him any better.

I hope Phil has some Success. If there's one guy that can do it, it's Jackson. One of the Most Successful Coaches, not only in Basketball, but Professional Sports.

Yes he had amazing talent on his Bulls & Lakers Teams, but 11 Championships as a Coach is quite the Accomplishment.

It would Suck if his Legacy takes a hit if this doesn't work out.

I felt so bad for Jackson after 2011. They got Blown out in Game 4, and of course Bynum getting ejected. Really unfortunate Jackson had to go out like that.

What's New

5/13/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the most tickling clips in one place on the web!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back