• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

#notips movement!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting staff get full minimum wage here (£6.31/hr or ~$10.60/hr) and restaurants manage to stay open and staff are still generally polite and helpful- they still get tips of course, it's just not their livelihood.

That's definitely interesting.

I don't know anything about how England or any country other than my own operates, so I can't account for it.

I guess I'd assume that the entire business model was built from the ground up to support that, whereas in the US your entire budget is built with the idea of paying waistaff their usual fee. In other words, from what you're saying, it's obviously possible to run a restaurant and get food to people while paying minimum wage.

But the problem a restaurant in the US would face is still the same. It would have to somehow come up with $3500 more dollars a week for that, or whatever the number is. And if they're so profitable that they HAVE that, they could never be convinced that they're doing anything wrong.

But that's a huge sum of money for a place like I used to get that number, with 4 waiters on a shift, and they'd more likely just have to shut down.

I don't know anything about how England or any country other than my own operates, so I can't account for it.

I guess I'd assume that the entire business model was built from the ground up to support that, whereas in the US your entire budget is built with the idea of paying waistaff their usual fee. In other words, from what you're saying, it's obviously possible to run a restaurant and get food to people while paying minimum wage.

Yeah, I suppose it's a spin on the adage 'you live up to your means' or in this case, your costs. The wages will be factored in when raising investment for a new restaurant and so would never actually be considered 'additional'. Also, I imagine eating out is more expensive here relative to income for that reason.

You're absolutely right that increasing costs overnight for restaurants would send many (especially independent places) to the wall, but it could be a phased introduction or a gradually reducing subsidy over a number of years.

#notipscrew

So when you don't tip, you are, in a moral and ethical sense, stealing. It's a mistake to think of a tip as a bonus. A tip is the waiter's livelihood.

This ^ is the biggest steamy load of CRAP I've ever been served!

Servers are nothing more than uneducated beggars who've come to expect extra $ for minimum work.

It's our fault as a society who've conditioned them like Pavlov's Dogs to expect $ for nothing, and tips for free. We are working diligently to change that notion.

On a brighter note, the Movement is gaining momentum, approaching 10k followers and FB likes.

We are making massive gains, just like my quads on leg day after repping sets of #365 !

#notipscrew

We are making massive gains, just like my quads on leg day after repping sets of #365 !

#notipscrew

When the big reveal comes, that this is all some kind of crazy Kaufman-esque living comedy performance, it's going to be brilliant.

When the big reveal comes, that this is all some kind of crazy Kaufman-esque living comedy performance, it's going to be brilliant.

It has to be. Nobody can talk about "MASS GAINS" and be serious. When Ashton Kutcher comes out, job well done, man. Job well done.

Best line of the thread so far.

Quoting Dire Straits' lyrics isn't a sign of brilliance. Just saying. The conditioning that I see going on is that of a work ethic - work harder, faster, smarter and make more money. And the fact that this "movement" is reportedly gaining momentum only shows that there are other small minded, cheapskates who look down on those who perform menial jobs. Congratulations - I think Dante had a special circle in hell for folks like you and your croneys.

Why are we trying to demean those that do menial work? This country is far from making it law that servers make minimum wage, even though their job is just as hard, if not harder, than retail workers, who do make minimum wage. Do you know how hard it is to be nice to assholes like you? If you think only uneducated people work these jobs and are too stupid to better themselves; how do you explain Congress? They're supposedly educated, yet they are pretty fucking stupid.

Also, why are you demeaning servers and saying it's just their JOB to serve you, why should you tip them? Has it ever occurred to you that if no one did the "menial" work of a server, how exactly would you possibly enjoy a night out? Even if it's not a homely restaurant, but an upscale, black tie establishment, you are expected to tip. Are you going to at they don't deserve it either?

You really need to get off your high horse, smile and say thank you, show some GRATITUDE like we all hope your mama taught you. Especially since you claim to be so well off. You can afford it. Don't you know what it means to be a human being? To lend a helping hand when you can, not just when it's expected?

You make yourself sound to be the lowest of the low. Which really can be said about anyone supporting this barely formed thought..

Why are we trying to demean those that do menial work? This country is far from making it law that servers make minimum wage, even though their job is just as hard, if not harder, than retail workers, who do make minimum wage. Do you know how hard it is to be nice to assholes like you? If you think only uneducated people work these jobs and are too stupid to better themselves; how do you explain Congress? They're supposedly educated, yet they are pretty fucking stupid.

Congress is working just the way Congress wants it to work. They make money, and nothing gets accomplished. It's a brilliant plan, IMO.

Also, why are you demeaning servers and saying it's just their JOB to serve you, why should you tip them? Has it ever occurred to you that if no one did the "menial" work of a server, how exactly would you possibly enjoy a night out? Even if it's not a homely restaurant, but an upscale, black tie establishment, you are expected to tip. Are you going to at they don't deserve it either?

You really need to get off your high horse, smile and say thank you, show some GRATITUDE like we all hope your mama taught you. Especially since you claim to be so well off. You can afford it. Don't you know what it means to be a human being? To lend a helping hand when you can, not just when it's expected?

You make yourself sound to be the lowest of the low.

Since when did I say I was well off? If you feel so pressured by your wait job to DEMAND a raise from people, maybe it's time to ask the EMPLOYER for a RAISE! I WILL tip because ITS MY FUCKING CHOICE because if it weren't, IT WOULD BE IN THE BILL!! But if it's so horrible, AKA MENIAL, there ARE jobs for people that can demonstrate they can do more!

OBVIOUSLY you should pick up a BOOK , because you haven't clearly read a FUCKING WORD I WROTE!!

Since when did I say I was well off? If you feel so pressured by your wait job to DEMAND a raise from people, maybe it's time to ask the EMPLOYER for a RAISE! I WILL tip because ITS MY FUCKING CHOICE because if it weren't, IT WOULD BE IN THE BILL!! But if it's so horrible, AKA MENIAL, there ARE jobs for people that can demonstrate they can do more!

OBVIOUSLY you should pick up a BOOK , because you haven't clearly read a FUCKING WORD I WROTE!!
First off, I personally don't work in the food industry. I'm a care giver. Secondly, I wasn't speaking at you, at all...

Also, even if I couldn't read, picking up a random book wouldn't really help that. But I digress

First off, I personally don't work in the food industry. I'm a care giver. Secondly, I wasn't speaking at you, at all...

So far you're one of many taking one post I made with one key word to make it seem like I'm discriminating people that work for a living. The only implication I intended with "menial" was that it is very likely not the peak of a work experience.

Sorry I vented.

Is that really all you took from that?

Not necessarily. That was half my poor attempt at injecting some deadpan humor, and half being unable to see how the #notips movement matters, for two reasons:

I'm going to put on my tin foil hat and suggest that it seems like it was intentionally introduced to polarize people on the basis of income disparity. It really doesn't matter in the face of more pressing issues, so why else was it conceived in the first place?

As you suggested, if the incentive to do this work is gone, very few people if any will continue to do it. It's a non-issue in light of that.

I see. You know, humor is very hard to pick up on the Internet if there are no indicators...

So far you're one of many taking one post I made with one key word to make it seem like I'm discriminating people that work for a living. The only implication I intended with "menial" was that it is very likely not the peak of a work experience.

Sorry I vented.

I used the word menial because that was an appropriate word choice. I haven't been responding to your posts - more the OP. Sorry if you feel aggrieved.

Quoting Dire Straits' lyrics isn't a sign of brilliance. Just saying. The conditioning that I see going on is that of a work ethic - work harder, faster, smarter and make more money. And the fact that this "movement" is reportedly gaining momentum only shows that there are other small minded, cheapskates who look down on those who perform menial jobs. Congratulations - I think Dante had a special circle in hell for folks like you and your croneys.

If you think for one fucking minute I'd actually support such a movement, you need to think again. The difference between us that I see this for what it is; nothing more than an attempt to rile up folks like you and your croneys. Only one thing is more disappointing than the fact that you fell for it, and that's your completely unjustified personal attack. You've got your own special circle to look forward to, I'd say.

It's always possible you'll apologize for your intemperate words, but I won't wait around for that.

If you think for one fucking minute I'd actually support such a movement, you need to think again. The difference between us that I see this for what it is; nothing more than an attempt to rile up folks like you and your croneys. Only one thing is more disappointing than the fact that you fell for it, and that's your completely unjustified personal attack. You've got your own special circle to look forward to, I'd say.

It's always possible you'll apologize for your intemperate words, but I won't wait around for that.

"You" does not always apply to you personally. I was referring to the OP - whom you did seem to agree with. But since you said nothing of significance other than to comment on his quote, I was not directing any of my comments towards you. I don't see a need to apologize since I didn't say anything untoward to you directly... the OP is the one who opened this can of worms. It's open for debate - which is healthy. Feel free to disagree and walk away.

#notips #nojoke

I get you, but the whole #notip movement is a joke in the first place. Shouldn't that be the first indicator? ;)

Dude, The Movement is about *the furthest thing from a joke* as their is, bro.

All we ask is that you consider our position, and take it as seriously as we take our PECS and LATS.

As with anything in life ... there is no Gain w/o Sacrifice. (Just ask any Yoga Zen Master).

Hence, you get what you work for ... no more, no less.

This is what the self-entitled servants are missing 100%.

You are entitled to NOTHING!

Tipping additional on a Check is OPTIONAL. Not Mandatory, Jackass!

If you want guaranteed $$$, get a good college degree (well, that's a start) and WORK FOR IT ... instead of BEG FOR IT !!!

That is all, Sense.

*bows*

(and continues mass reps > shredding)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's New

4/26/2024
Visit Dorr 44 for clips! Details in the D44 box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back