• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

You know youre old when...internet edition

I’m sitting here shaking my head with a little smile on my face. So many memories.

A while back I was joking with my wife about Dialup Internet. Too many people on your ISP? You got kicked off and had to dial back in.

Here’s a few I remember...

ICQ (I had a girlfriend in California who I frequently chatted with on there)

10-10-220 (This is how I would talk to her when I was home with no Internet)

Fan Fiction (As a young writer in my early 20’s I cut my teeth writing X-Men fanfics with my best friend)

Dial up is one of those things I mainly saw memed by 90s kids as a remnant of a bygone age.

I hope what I'm about to post is what was intended to be discussed in this thread.

When I was born (1970)

TV stations signed off for several hours each night. I can remember waking up in the middle of the night, and seeing a TV station logo sitting on the TV, and they would always play the National Anthem when the station signed off each night, and signed on each morning.

It was before Cable TV. (Which I think started in NY.NJ when I was.. 3)

You had to have change for pay phones, which were literally all over the place back then.

I hope those are some of the things which belong in this thread.

OMG Hotel tickle!!! Those were great websites along with Camp Tickle, Tickle me Tatiana and the beatniks, Tom's Tickle Site with a gallery dedicated to Kujman and pre TMF the Tickle Universe

Picking up the phone and realizing you'd probably just disconnected someone in your house.
PC Computing magazines with lists of "top links" and demo diskettes for new or upcoming games.
Netscape Navigator.
Opera (browser).
Having multiple messenger apps (well, "programs" in the parlance of the day) running simultaneously -- like ICQ, AIM, MSN, Yahoo...
LAN parties.
MUDs.
Morpheus and WinMX (after Napster went under and later turned legitimate)
WINAMP - IT REALLY WHIPS THE LLAMA'S ASS

(edited to add:)
Stacks and stacks and stacks of floppies.
Later, stacks and stacks and stacks of CD-Rs.

What's New

4/24/2024
If you need to report a post, click the 'report' button to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back