• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

You know youre old when...internet edition

Oregon Trail

That game needs to be remade. Can you imagine that on game systems these days?

And don't forget the Carmen Sandiego games. I never beat "Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego?".

And Double-Dare, Guts, Legends of the Hidden Temple (and other game shows that were so awesome). Those game shows even gave cool prizes to the kids in second place.

Cartoons based on video games, like Super Mario Bros, Legend of Zelda ("Well, excuuuuse ME, Princess!" lol) , Sonic the Hedgehog (the darker one where Robotnik had already taken over the world was great).

Remembering all that stuff makes me want to get a new Super Soaker and have a water-gun fight. lol

Schooper Shoaker???

Thhhatshct a schemi auto matic, if I've ever scheeen one!!!

Lemonade Stand game anyone? I remember playing that in 7th grade when we had a intro to computer class using an Apple IIC back in 1980!!

Barbershopman

Ah, yes, the pre-Mac Apples! I still have a few 5.25-inch floppy discs full of data written on one of them!

How about back when we didn't have the World Wide Web, or things like that.

Nope, we had BBSes! We played text based games, and we enjoyed 'em!

And yes, there were many great DOS games!

I still remember the early days of the world wide web, back in 1995, at my local library. It was like nothing I'd ever seen before. I loved going to the library just to surf the internet. Back then anime was still fairly young, and you had to go to specialty stores to purchase it.

Speaking of which, it was $30 for a subtitled VHS tape, or $20 for a dubbed tape. There were those who would prefer the original language track, but it was easier to focus when you had English dialogue, and being a high school student, I didn't have much money!

A kid at work didn't know what a fax machine did :)

Heck, i remember using an early drum fax machine (Quix?) that took for-rrrrr-ever to send one thing. Round and round she goes, folks.

I had only a vague idea about what the Internet was prior to the summer of 2001, when I was off work for an extended period recovering from surgery. Started playing around on a computer at a county library because I was bored, but didn't get my first computer until the winter of 2006. Even then I had no idea what email was, and the only video games I'd played were the huge console games found in bars or arcades back in the 1980's.

My first encounter with the Internet was via AOL in the mid-90s (kind of like having your first fuck with a particularly inept person). It was at a bookstore which rented computers (Macs as I recall) by the hour. A little later on, I got an old laptop (black and white liquid crystal display) which ran MS-DOS, a 2400- baud dialup modem, and a Unix shell account.

When a coworker talked about being told not to used wikipedia in high school, I had to reply, there was no wikipedia when I was in high school.

Not only was there no internet, there were no computers in the school when I was in high school. The word "Internet" had no meaning in the sense we use it today.

Web TV...and I actually built the whole Hoteltickle website using just it!

peace out,
daddy

Remember the days when you conducted social business with a LANDLINE phone and not a CELLPHONE..

Remember when you had to have patience, and if that land-line call (no answering machine) that you didn't get to in time hung up... Consoling yourself, "if it was important, they'd call back."

Lol agreed CAB I remember playing ultimate soccer manager 98 until I out stayed my dad up then I would use the phone extension cable that ran from our living room to the land line in the hall way and download real tickling clips and rocks tickling clips till 5 in the morning! (It used to take ages to download a picture let alone a 30 second clip!!!) I have 60 meg broadband now :)

Remember when you had to have patience, and if that land-line call (no answering machine) that you didn't get to in time hung up... Consoling yourself, "if it was important, they'd call back."

Remember "Not in time? Star-6-9!"?

Remember "Not in time? Star-6-9!"?
LOL! Sorry to say this was a time when all we had was rotary phones (at least in my cheap house) and there were no * digital options offered by Ma Bell at the time. ... so you were left wondering...

Not so much feeling old but it felt weird to think a fan animation series I first discovered at 7/8 years old called "Super Mario Bros. Z" turned 14 years old this year.

What even was Y2K? Computers reverting to 00 due to the year only being shown bynthe last two digits and people acting as if all computers in the world were gonna fail?

Yeah

Thought everything would revert to year 1900, causing issues like documents to be reorganized / lost and whatnot. Though, I remember as a kid believing ATMs would no longer work and toilets wouldn't flush. I was only 12 but the media had me believing it was the end of the world. My mom bought 36 gallons of water and a radio with a crank. o_O

Wow! It's hard to believe that I'm that old.

I remember a lot (not all, but a lot) of the stuff mentioned here.

OMG! I'm so glad dail-up internet is no longer a thing.

What's New

4/18/2024
Need to report a post? Click the report button to its lower left!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back