• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

James Garner, DEAD at 86

SamuelKhan

4th Level Blue Feather
TheRockfordFiles-credits1.jpg

I remember watching this show every Friday night...

http://www.latimes.com/local/obituaries/la-me-james-garner-20140721-story.html

James Garner, a master of light comedy who shot to fame in the 1950s as the charming and dry-witted gambler on the hit TV western "Maverick" and later won an Emmy Award as the unconventional L.A. private eye on "The Rockford Files," has died. He was 86.

Garner was found dead Saturday at his home in Brentwood, Los Angeles police Officer Alonzo Iniquez told the Associated Press. Garner underwent quintuple bypass heart surgery in 1988 and suffered a stroke in 2008, but the cause of death was not immediately known.

Once described by Washington Post TV critic Tom Shales as having "embodied the crusty, sardonic and self-effacing strain of American masculinity" in his iconic roles as Maverick and Rockford, the Oklahoma-born Garner amassed more than 80 movie and TV-movie credits during his more than 50-year career.

I always enjoyed watching Maverick on Sunday nights when I was a kid. RIP James Garner.

Is it true that in real life he was well decorated after the Korean war, or have i got that wrong.
rip a very nice guy

Is it true that in real life he was well decorated after the Korean war, or have i got that wrong.
rip a very nice guy

Not sure. I do know that he was a war veteran. He operated as a scrounger when as a POW in Korean camps, or something of the sort. And he used his knowledge for his role as POW scrounger Hendley in the Great Escape. RIP. Great man.

Not sure. I do know that he was a war veteran. He operated as a scrounger when as a POW in Korean camps, or something of the sort. And he used his knowledge for his role as POW scrounger Hendley in the Great Escape. RIP. Great man.

From Wiki.
Later, he joined the National Guard serving seven months in the United States. He then went to Korea for 14 months in the Regular Army, serving in the 5th Regimental Combat Team in the Korean War. He was wounded twice, first in the face and hand from shrapnel fire from a mortar round, and second on April 23, 1951 in the buttocks from friendly fire from U.S. fighter jets as he dove headfirst into a foxhole. Garner was awarded the Purple Heart in Korea for the first injury. For the second wound, he received a second Purple Heart (eligibility requirement: "As the result of friendly fire while actively engaging the enemy"), although Garner received the medal in 1983, 32 years after his injury.[10][13][14][15] Garner was a self-described "scrounger" for his company in Korea, a role he later played in The Great Escape[16] and The Americanization of Emily.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Garner#Early_life

Mr Garner was a wonderful actor. My late grandfather loved The Rockford Files.

RIP, Mr Garner.

I'm not gonna lie, I did shed a tear when I found out he died. It was very sad news. I loved watching The Rockford Files reruns when I was a kid.

My earliest memories of James Garner are from watching Maverick reruns in the 60s, and later his early films. The Rockford Files is still one of my favorite TV shows. They don't make them like James Garner anymore. R.I.P. :(

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/-Pn34ijQOVk?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/-Pn34ijQOVk?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Man had an awesome life. I believe he only wed once and it was "till death do we part". Never saw the Notebook, and I never will, but it seems like he was perfect for the roll he was given.

My earliest memories of James Garner are from watching Maverick reruns in the 60s, and later his early films. The Rockford Files is still one of my favorite TV shows. They don't make them like James Garner anymore. R.I.P. :(

Heard he once thumped Charles Bronson because Bronson refused to pay off guy who beat him at poker during filming og the Great Escape. Can you imagine any actor taking up for a best boy or a key grip like that.

Always liked James Garner... he had many great performances from not so great movies like the move Maverick, Fire in the Sky.

"Decaf, you pussy!" - James Garner as President Douglas, My Fellow Americans

Heard he once thumped Charles Bronson because Bronson refused to pay off guy who beat him at poker during filming og the Great Escape. Can you imagine any actor taking up for a best boy or a key grip like that.

The first sentence made sense.

The second? lulwut???

What's New

4/25/2024
Visit Tickle Experiement for clips! Details in the TE box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back