• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Why Does Content, That I'd Pay For, Disappear?

brotherted

Verified
I'm thinking about the videos from two of my favorite sites, the former RealTickling.com and TickleTown.com. Sure, I can understand why some producers get normal lives, normal jobs or girlfriends who aren't into their "art," and so they stop producing. But I'm not understanding why so much of the footage isn't even for sale anywhere.

I'm mostly thinking about the best clips I've ever owned that somehow got lost along the way. I'd happily pay for the RealTickling.com hyp_elizabeth series (and several others that are similar), and the Tickletown.com Amanda2 video -- but they're nowhere to be found on the web.

Seems to me, if I were a producer and retired from the craft, I'd at least throw up my old clips on Clips4Sale rather than delete them, just so they can bring in money for more years.

If you want to buy Real Tickling clips, here is the store link:

http://www.clips4sale.com/studio/601

Go to page 36 in the clips, and everything down from there (37, 38, 39, etc.) are all the old Real Tickling clips.

Tickle Town....I guess should be on their website, unless he took them down.

You can't really apply logic to personal business decisions, or artistic ones. That's not stated in a negative way, you're probably affected by this
also. You cook stuff, and you love cooking one thing, but not many people buy it. You make something else that you hate cooking, but you sell out.
Logic would say you'd keep making the item that sold out, it makes money, but some people would rather keep making what they like, be happy, and make
less money.

Maybe they've moved on with their lives, and don't want the hassle. Maybe the taxes and headaches associated with explaining what their store is
is so annoying, they're like, "Fuck it, I'm done with all this shit...."

I've asked the same question about great models - why do we keep seeing the same old models, when they could rehire a fantastic model they shot with
two years ago? I've never gotten an answer, from any stores except Turtleboy, so I had to just assume an answer - the girl probably didn't want to come back,
or she simply moved on herself, maybe she was a total bitch and the producer hated working with her, whereas the ones he keeps hiring are an absolute joy
to work with and he'll hire them until he goes out of business. Maybe the girl you thought was out of this world fantastic sold very few clips,
and the models you don't care for are selling tons of clips. Who knows.

Seems to me, if I were a producer and retired from the craft, I'd at least throw up my old clips on Clips4Sale rather than delete them, just so they can bring in money for more years.
That's so selfish of them indeed :)
Tickletown was one of my favourite sites, too.

Why does a food I enjoy vanish from the stores? Why does a clothing line I really like disappear ? I'd gladly pay for the food. I'd buy the clothes. But no chance.
It's business. Nothing personal. Here today, gone tomorrow. No great mystery.

Why does a food I enjoy vanish from the stores? Why does a clothing line I really like disappear ? I'd gladly pay for the food. I'd buy the clothes. But no chance.
It's business. Nothing personal. Here today, gone tomorrow. No great mystery.

No, that's just it -- it's not like brick and mortar food or clothing stores -- those stores cost money to run, requires ongoing time to manage.

By contrast, these videos can just be parked on a Clips4Sale.com page, and the producer never has to do a single thing, except watch deposits hit their checking accounts. It requires zero work. There's simply no reason why they shouldn't be for sale.

you are missing the point brotherted. mabus gave plenty of reasons why someone may drop off the clips site. you make it sound like this is being done as a personal affront to you. if you see something you like, pay for it and save it for your own collection before it vanishes. the people who post on clips have no obligation to keep their stuff there in perpetuity.

you are missing the point brotherted. mabus gave plenty of reasons why someone may drop off the clips site. you make it sound like this is being done as a personal affront to you. if you see something you like, pay for it and save it for your own collection before it vanishes. the people who post on clips have no obligation to keep their stuff there in perpetuity.

I understand and agree that they have no "obligation" to keep up a website. I was wondering aloud about what could be the downside of leaving it on Clips4Sale, when it's a special kind of business decision unlike virtually all others -- it requires absolutely zero effort, and there's obvious upside of future revenue. Mabus's examples involved quitting activities that although successful, still required some kind of effort, like cooking or rehiring models. I agree with those examples. We all stop doing things in life that require effort for all kinds of reasons -- including just getting bored.

Parking clips on Clips4Sale requires you to do absolutely nothing, yet still make money.

I understand and agree that they have no "obligation" to keep up a website. I was wondering aloud about what could be the downside of leaving it on Clips4Sale, when it's a special kind of business decision unlike virtually all others -- it requires absolutely zero effort, and there's obvious upside of future revenue. Mabus's examples involved quitting activities that although successful, still required some kind of effort, like cooking or rehiring models. I agree with those examples. We all stop doing things in life that require effort for all kinds of reasons -- including just getting bored.

Parking clips on Clips4Sale requires you to do absolutely nothing, yet still make money.

Well, you're right that it doesn't take any effort to keep a store up on a parked page, but I think it still takes money. I don't know what the specific details are but I think there is a monthly fee to keep a store up on Clips4sale. So if a producer ends up in a relationship with someone who's not into their art as you put it and stops making new clips it could get to a point where the old clips just aren't making enough money for that monthly fee to be worth it.

Well, you're right that it doesn't take any effort to keep a store up on a parked page, but I think it still takes money. I don't know what the specific details are but I think there is a monthly fee to keep a store up on Clips4sale. So if a producer ends up in a relationship with someone who's not into their art as you put it and stops making new clips it could get to a point where the old clips just aren't making enough money for that monthly fee to be worth it.

I have heard this from a few producers- and sometimes there comes a point when paying for C4S doesnt make the mediocre sales they get worth paying for. It's just a business decision, making it harder for you to find the clips later, yes- but you cant blame them for trying to stay afloat I suppose. I'd say this is probably the best reason they have (other than just getting out of the business and them not being available as you've already stated).

Well that could explain it. I thought C4S simply took a percentage of the sales, like a credit card company, rather than a fixed fee.

Still, seems like lots of sites disappear without ever experimenting with parking videos on C4S, which suggests to me they never even find out what the sales there would be like. Thanks for the answer, though.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

4/25/2024
Visit Tickle Experiement for clips! Details in the TE box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back