• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Do you consider that you have a normal life besides your tickling fetish?

Paultickler

4th Level Red Feather
I mean in work or other social activities?

Both men or women.

I'd seen cute female members and I wonder what's the reaction of other people when you talk about it if you do it.

Yes you do have to consider normal life besides your tickle fetish or any fetish for that matter. If you get too caught up in the fetish, you build fantasies based on one outlook in life. Honestly both go hand in hand, if you meet someone who shares the same fetish as you, it becomes a part of your normal life. If ya don't it may still be a part of your normal life, just not as big ya know. Everyone still has to work, pay bills, take care of stuff that is not revolved around your fetish. Sometimes you'll see things in life and then your like "hmm i wonder bout this in a fetish sense" and you can fantasize about it, just learn control and you will always have something to make normal life more...interesting and fun i would say.

I honestly have no clue what you might be thinking when you say 'normal'.

Normal, in the most basic sense of the word, simply means conforming to a relatively common or standard type. I have a job, attend grad school, pay my bills, and am in a long-term relationship with someone whom I fully intend to marry and (maybe) have a kid with one day. I'm a also a member of two subcultures (BDSM and hook suspension), as are virtually all of my close friends. Additionally, my girlfriend and I live an alternative lifestyle together in the form that our relationship takes.

So, in the sense that my life is generally divided between my relationship, socializing, work, and school, it's certainly 'normal' in the sense of conforming to a relatively standard pattern. However, many who don't live the lifestyle I do would certainly not view my life as normal; so again, I'm not really sure what you've got in your head when you use that word.

I think he means, there are some people whose fetish completely controls their lives, they think about all day long, it becomes all consuming.

I don't know if that's sad or not...I don't mean that in any kind of a mean way, but sad in that that person may miss out on life otherwise.

Some people want a life like this, and I'm not one to judge - SHIT, look how many people live their lives to watch sports, Reality TV, Daytime soaps, etc.....
I have friends who talk about politics ALL THE DAMN TIME. Like, they post to Facebook literally 5 times a day, every day, politics, religion, politics politics politics....

In that case, thinking about tickling all day long seems MUCH better!!

In my case, my tickling world is in my head, or on this site.

I've yet to meet another human who has a tickling fetish, or any fetish for that matter that I know of.

I've met two who MAYYYBE have one, but they could just like the occasional tickle her and there, I never asked, and won't because they're not in my life anymore.
(One basically is, but I only see him maybe once a year in the grocery store....)

I WISH I had a pretty woman who had a tickling fetish, it'd be like winning the lottery, and the big one, not them local lotteries!

My life is work, look for better work, sleep, cut the grass, pay down debt, etc. Very little joy to be had all around, except when the big movies come around, like Avengers 2 next summer....

Sure, I would love to have a GF in my life that loves to be tickled. But does my love for Tickling consume my life, nope. My tickling world is basically for the most part online. I have a normal (whatever normal is now a days) life away from tickling. I have a few select group of friends, my family, my parents. I enjoy getting outside and being outside. My life is about many more things then just only about Tickling. I talk about Tickling quit often online, but off-line away from the interwebs, computers, tablets, texting, messaging etc. My life is considered normal. You wouldn't even know I had a love for tickling or any fetishes in my life to the outsider because I never bring up about tickling or mention anything about it.

Yeah I live a boring, normal domesticated life and I love it! I don't see my love of tickling (not normal) just perhaps a bit askew LOL. Now my wife thinks I'm nuts for many reasons and tickling is just a small fraction of it.

Yup.

I've never understood the whole "tickle fetish makes you a socially retarded leper" thing people seem obsessed with.

Crap_game your wife and my wife would probably have a great conversation about how did they fall in love with men who love to tickle them so much. And yes tickling and my love of her in nylons is just one of the things that drives her crazy that I do

Crap_game your wife and my wife would probably have a great conversation about how did they fall in love with men who love to tickle them so much. And yes tickling and my love of her in nylons is just one of the things that drives her crazy that I do

Mick, we'd have to keep the two apart and prevent them from comparing notes LOL... My wife is very naive to many things but in a good way. I told her about a dream I had that another woman tickled her feet while burried in the sand. She said very seriously "Never gonna happen! No one touches my feet but you."
If those two got together they could go all. "Oprah" and form a coalition LOL

Define 'normal.'

If you mean, I go to work for a living, have friends, families, and a few ex's, then yes, I suppose.

Yes and last thing we need is to be drug onto Oprah haha. Of course unless Oprah can convince them to let us tickle them more but wont count on that!!!

I live a pretty "normal" life too. Even with running a tickling website on the side. Normal hum drum job and everything. My friends are aware of it, no one even bats an eye. Maybe its just my personality.

My tickling and foot fetish is not what defines me. I have a husband, two kids, friends, a job, hobbies and so much more by which I would rather identify with. My kinks are important, but ultimately take a backseat.

I don't know what qualifies as "normal" but I like the balance I've struck

Without posting an answer that will get me into trouble in the main forum, those who know me, and my current situation, know my answer to this question. Any "lack of normalcy" that I have in my life, has absolutely nothing to do with this fetish, but rather, other personal and business factors in my life.

Beyond my time spent here (An hour, if that, at intervals, a day?), and my writing the occasional tickling story on pen and paper, my life is in no way consumed or defined by tickling. If I see an attractive woman on the street, it might cross my mind about her ticklishness, but, beyond that, tickling does not define my life at all.

I'm pretty normal I guess.

I mean I go to school, I work, I have a social life.

But a good point was raised, how does one define "Normal" anyway?

If I were to ever open my own store, I'd never show my face. I'd always wear a mask, or just blur it out. I don't think I'll ever be comfortable enough to be out about my Fetishes like that.

Though the question isn't posed very clearly or in a well-defined way, and the word "normal" is almost impossible to define and probably a very dangerous word.....here's what came to mind when you posed this question:

I used to think, in my early days on the TMF, that I was a rare "normal" person on this site but that most of the people here probably came because they were lonely, deformed freaks who couldn't interact with - much less tickle - a real live person, so turned to online explorations of the fetish as the only alternative.

Obviously I'm exaggerating that description, but now that I'm more active on the site, and I suppose just a little older and have more life experience, my perspective is totally different. My sense is that there are - just as there are on any internet forum - a small percentage of people on here whose primary interaction with the world comes through the internet, or may be just a few cards short of a full deck as the old expression goes. However, my sense is - and this is what makes becoming involved with this "world" (the TMF) really cool - that most people here are just "regular*" people you might pass on the street or work in an office with or attend school with. In fact, I wonder all the time if there are people on here that I know in my real life, and it's really frustrating to think that could be the case but there's no way of finding out.

*The asterisk with the word "regular" goes back to my original statement about the word "normal". We have certain societal norms but I don't know if they are necessarily all that healthy and certainly trying to conform to them simply for the sake of trying to be "normal" does more harm than good. More and more I realize that no one is "normal", being a "sane" or "well-adjusted" person in this day and age is very relative, and that everyone has their neurotic habits, peculiarities, kinks, struggles, hardships, addictions, and mechanisms for coping with the human condition.

"Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you." - Carl Jung

Yes, I suppose so. I think I'm like most 25-year olds. Looking to find my niche in this crazy world while trying all I can to start a career and doing my best to handle the responsibilities that come with being an adult but still wanting cling on to the carefree habits of my late teens and early 20's. I think that is kind of normal for people my age.

As far as tickling goes, it is more of a passive interest of mine and a natural by-product of my other fetishes (foot and light bondage.) None of my kinky interest have a major impact on my life. They have never factored into my romantic or social life, nor do they influence any major decisions I make.

For some people here, tickling has a larger role in their life. For many, it's an important part of their romance. For others, it's what drive their hobbies or careers (as demonstrated by some of the amazing artwork, stories and videos on here.) I don't think these folks live any less of a normal life than anyone else. After all, they are simply indulging in something they enjoy very much, which is normal in it's own way.

Most people can tell right away there's something strange about me. Compared to lots of other aspects of my life the tickling fetish is one of the lesser abnormalities about me.

Most people I talk to here assume that because my husband and I met here, tickling is ALL we are. Wrong. We have more than a "normal" life outside the fetish- and we make a point to not have our fetish be all we are. We try to strike a balance in life for all aspects. Even if tickling is a huge part of your life I see no reason you cannot have a "normal" life in conjunction with it. Unless you're just struggling with a balance in your life where currently your fetish is running your life not being a part of it- that could very well be too. Everyone's different.

Nope, I spend most weekends tying girls up and most weekdays dodging flying chairs, books, shoes and whatever else an SEBD young person might throw if he can't find the right colour pen or something :p

But then.... What's normal?

Door 44 Productions
What's New

4/25/2024
Visit Tickle Experiement for clips! Details in the TE box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back