• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Cancellation Of "The Interview" ?

Mitchell

Level of Coral Feather
I want to make clear that I am NOT starting this thread with any intent to cause trouble.

I just wanted to post this thread to obtain thoughts about the decision to cancel the release of the film "The Interview"

I'll wait for some replies before posting my own opinion.

My apologies to Jeff and Myriads if this thread belongs in the P and R. I wasn't sure, since the subject is about a movie, abit with political overtones.

Well, as moronic and evil as the military of North Korea is (which I'm 100% sure it's major amounts of both), I'm sure we would be just as upset if the Chinese made a movie about two Chinese men going over to interview our government's president only for them to blow him / her away.

I have to disagree, Damsel. I don't think Americans would give a flying rip about another country making a similar themed movie. I mean, North Korea has already made propaganda films of them blowing up the White House and such and you just get the sounds of crickets from us.

This is just the results of Political Correctness given free reign to make decisions for us. Think about it this way: America is afraid of North Korea. (Make no mistake, that's exactly the way little Un is seeing this.)

Okay, now that a couple of people have replied, I'm going to post my opinion.

Maybe it's my liberal "Free Speech", but..

I don't think they should have cancelled it. BFD a filmmaker made a movie about a dictatorship country.

I can see why it was cancelled, though, for safety reasons. Probably, they felt the backlash would be too great for them to take a risk.

Have to agree with Sandrock - now ol' Twiddle-dee Un thinks he's got the US on the run. (Actually, isn't Sony a Japanese company???) So now he can really threaten us. We should be shaking in our boots. If it weren't for the poor civilians, I'd say nuke 'em.

Okay, now that a couple of people have replied, I'm going to post my opinion.

Maybe it's my liberal "Free Speech", but..

I don't think they should have cancelled it. BFD a filmmaker made a movie about a dictatorship country.

I can see why it was cancelled, though, for safety reasons. Probably, they felt the backlash would be too great for them to take a risk.
I think both liberals and concervatives are pissed that Sony backed down.

I'm glad they are finally releasing the film. I haven't ruled out if this could be a publicity stunt by Sony to promote the film.

I think Seth Rogen is a second rate douche who ruined the Green Hornet.

Have to agree with Sandrock - now ol' Twiddle-dee Un thinks he's got the US on the run. (Actually, isn't Sony a Japanese company???) So now he can really threaten us. We should be shaking in our boots. If it weren't for the poor civilians, I'd say nuke 'em.

Sawdust and Rat meat aren't exactly a balanced meal under the Marxist scum, are they?

The report I heard is that it will be a limited release, and that they will be vigilant about security.

I personally think they should release it. As I said before, not releasing it, almost seems like censorship, and is against the principles that this country was founded on.

It's being shown at the Esquire here. I still have no intention of seeing it as I thought the concept was poor and the execution inane. And the two actors involved...not a fan.

I'm not going to see it either.

However, my not seeing it, isn't the point of how I feel.

I agree with des about the concept being poor.

While I know the topic discussed in the movie is a very serious one.. if I had to count how many movies I've sat through in my lifetime, with poor concept, and inane execution, the list would be long.

Before Sony finally relented and put the movie into limited release, someone (I forget who) suggested that Sony "fight fire with fire" and release the movie to pirate web sites. Then they could have their cake and eat it too. True, they'd have made no money, but they could just tell the North Koreans "Hey, we can't control what these pirate sites do!"

My boyfriend rented it for us to watch through Google Play. It was 5.99 for the HD version. We both agreed that the movie wasn't that awesome. If it does make a lot of money it will be because of all the press it got and almost not being shown.

I watched it recently (streamed online). It's a good laugh, a regular screwball/black comedy. But honestly...I don't see what all the fuss was about.

What's New

4/18/2024
Need to report a post? Click the report button to its lower left!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back