• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Is Tickle Therapy Legit?

marzbarz

TMF Expert
My best friend is battling some serious depression and I felt bad that I didn't know how to help her. I made the joke that I could give her tickle therapy, and that's as much as I know about cheering people up or curing depression altogether. I googled it to see if it's a real thing, just out of curiosity but there's no real evidence to show that it's made improvement as a therapy. Also the research articles are among fictional stories written by people like ourselves. Laughter is the main thing that releases all the good hormones, but not many people like being tickled, and it's got to be the cheapest form of treatment if you can find someone to help you out. There's just no real story on it.

Is it legit, or is it just a fun fantasy?

Btw, she said "Let's do it." So... hopefully that's happening.

I think someone has to be in a positive state of mind to start with to be receptive to tickling. Many people, me included, don't want to be tickled when they're feeling down or angry. So it seems to me tickling can only increase a person's already heightened sense of well-being... not bring it about when it's not already present.

Yes, it is legitimate, but it should be followed up by other therapies as well.

Such as, bringing a person into a very positive mood.

Tickling definitely can lift a person's mood in certain situations... but using tickle therapy to treat major depressive disorder is kind of like trying to put out a wildfire with a squirt gun. You might as well go ahead with it as it couldn't really hurt, but it's important that she receives some real treatment as well.

Most people I know get pissed off when they get tickled and not in a good mood. If I am in a bad mood and someone tries to tickle me, I get pissed off myself. I don't see anything as serious as depression getting cured by "tickle therapy". It's a fantasy.

It can produce positive results, but there is a believe that much of those good results come from the fact that it involves human to human contact. Touch.

Physical contact as a whole falls into the 'soft needs' group for human psychologies. We want, and require a level of touch by others to be fully balanced and happy. How much? How often? No clues. It's blurry. All we know is that touch has import.

Tickling will provide a measure of that. Laughter (forced or not) produces some chemical releases in the body (the same ones that happen in 'fight' situations, and those are a form of natural high, that can obliterate depression and such for short bits) so one will see an effect.

It falls into the 'short term' solution pile. A path to get past a short term bad period, not a long term solution.

Myriads

That's great. I actually have been working on this. I've tickled a few girls recently who ended up really enjoying it and feeling revived and rejuvenated afterwards, and I discovered a trick for helping make it more pleasant (i.e., turn a girl who hates being tickled into one who was *thanking me* for it afterward): have her open her body-posture into a receptive, open, "happy" posture. Shoulders back, chest out, leaned back and relaxed... meanwhile don't torture her. Make her laugh but help her learn to "just take it" by letting her build her tolerance. Don't overwhelm her with intensity, and let her practice handling it and just letting go. Generally help her allow her resistances to melt and help her open up physically. There is a lot of psychology correlating body posture with mental state so I was not at all surprised that this had a huge effect. Let us know how it goes!

That's great. I actually have been working on this. I've tickled a few girls recently who ended up really enjoying it and feeling revived and rejuvenated afterwards, and I discovered a trick for helping make it more pleasant (i.e., turn a girl who hates being tickled into one who was *thanking me* for it afterward): have her open her body-posture into a receptive, open, "happy" posture. Shoulders back, chest out, leaned back and relaxed... meanwhile don't torture her. Make her laugh but help her learn to "just take it" by letting her build her tolerance. Don't overwhelm her with intensity, and let her practice handling it and just letting go. Generally help her allow her resistances to melt and help her open up physically. There is a lot of psychology correlating body posture with mental state so I was not at all surprised that this had a huge effect. Let us know how it goes!

Wow! that's a great tip, thanks! I'm assuming with this tactic that there were no restraints?

I also have a friend with whom I used to have tickle sessions with all the time, but then after a year or so of not seeing each other, he said he's not into it anymore.. His ticklishness may have faded a little as well the last time we had a session. He's the only one so far who knows how to do it right, so I got a little disappointed. Do you have any advice to turn this around as well?

Wow! that's a great tip, thanks! I'm assuming with this tactic that there were no restraints?

I also have a friend with whom I used to have tickle sessions with all the time, but then after a year or so of not seeing each other, he said he's not into it anymore.. His ticklishness may have faded a little as well the last time we had a session. He's the only one so far who knows how to do it right, so I got a little disappointed. Do you have any advice to turn this around as well?

Yes, no restraints with that tactic.

Unfortunately I don't know how to get your tickle partner back, sorry... however, I just saw your "location" in the upper right of your post and I live in California. My family lives in the LA area, maybe I could introduce you to someone.

Tickle therapy is not just the name of our studio as some may think, but also the real therapy that we practice here in our city (in a spa centre). It's a constant research that we are doing by involving different people who try this therapy and make their own conclusions for themselves.

Nothing can be good for everyone, that's the way of things. But I can assure you that the majority who tried found it helpful or at least pleasurable which is also good for your mood.
And we have a lot of experience already.
We had a girl who said something like "it's like torture, but it was so stress-releasing that I gonna come for more when I'm depressed".
So even if a person doesn't like to be tickled, the effect should be positive. That is called "method of positive violence" in psychology. We know many analogies.
The paradox is that the more ticklish the person - the more helpful the tickling for her.
Although not everyone is ready to try that.

Tickle therapy is not medicine, we can't name it so. There is no such medical speciality as tickle therapist. However, we know its effect by practice. It does no harm.
So the best way is to try it, carefully. And decide if it's good for you.

Good to know there are others like yeayeayea who are also working on it. I believe we have one mission and tickle therapy will spread.

I think the key is CONTACT. Emotional contact at minimum, but I cannot underestimate the importance of physical contact (some people just need a hug) when dealing with depressed mood.

Tickling is just one aspect of that, but should only be incorporated if the ticklee is willing.

I think the key is CONTACT. Emotional contact at minimum, but I cannot underestimate the importance of physical contact (some people just need a hug) when dealing with depressed mood.

Tickling is just one aspect of that, but should only be incorporated if the ticklee is willing.
Sure, only if the ticklee is willing. The trick is to make them willing to try it. It's like feeding kids with healthy food.

i believe tickling would only help against the symptoms.. not fully cure the depression but even making the person feel better in the mean time isn't a failure either, i'd say if your friend is willing give it a shot and see if she actually does feel a bit better. then maybe suggest more "treatments" to help her through the depression

Interesting article!

To be honest, those people in Spain do not Market Tickling as we see it.
They market a light massage, relaxing, sensual, that makes you feel on the verge between senses.
Yes, for some people even that may be quite ticklish. But they do not tickle all their customers. And they do not support an all out tickling session like we enjoy.

To be honest, those people in Spain do not Market Tickling as we see it.
They market a light massage, relaxing, sensual, that makes you feel on the verge between senses.
Yes, for some people even that may be quite ticklish. But they do not tickle all their customers. And they do not support an all out tickling session like we enjoy.

It is interesting however, that we're speaking of tickling therapy from a perspective that "we" perceive it in. Is it valid or no?

It is interesting however, that we're speaking of tickling therapy from a perspective that "we" perceive it in. Is it valid or no?

As many have said:
If it is done with mutual consent and trust. Yes!
It is mainly positive.
As long as the lee doesnt feel threatened or in panick, it comes down to:
. muscle workout, not very well balanced but effective mainly for abs.
. intense laugh which translates into several stuff being sent into your blood that gives you a pretty good high.

The combo between relaxation post exercise and high from laughing is really great!

May not be the best for people with cardio issues / risk. Will depend on how intense it is for them.

Tickling always has a relaxing effect on me. Especially after a particularly intemse session when im coming down from the endorphin rush. All my stress has been tickled right out and im at peace. So yes, tickle therapy works. Is it for everyone? No. But its out there and its an option and it may help your friend out. Best wishes!

I do know there's this place called Cosquillearte (Translation: Tickle Art) in Spain where the masseuse actually use tickling as a way of performing massage. I heard that when the owner was little, her dad used to tickle her to get her relax, in order to get her to sleep. Sounds like an excellent way of getting massage done if you ask me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P049I_sfWbo

Door 44 Productions
What's New

4/16/2024
Clips4Sale is the webs largest site to buy fetish clips! Visit today.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back