• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Favorite Sci-Fi series?

BlasterMaster

1st Level Yellow Feather
So, what Science Ficiton series is your particular brand of vodka?

Battlestar Galactica?

Babylon 5?

Star Trek?

Andromeda?

Buck Rogers?

Flash Gordan?

One that's not in the above choices?

Feel free to tell us why you like it and what was your favorite episode. :D

My favorite science fiction series of all time was Twilight Zone, which aired when I was a child. My favorite episode was "Eye of the Beholder."

Of the more modern series that you listed, my favorite was Star Trek. My favorite episode was "The Trouble with Tribbles."

The Star Treks (original, Next Gen, and Deep Space 9). Also liked Babylon 5, but at the time didn't have cable, just a lousy aerial connection, so I didn't get a good view of the episodes. And no one seems to want to replay the series.

The re-imagined Battlestar Galactica, with the episode '33' being my favorite

Yeah, The Twilight Zone for me as well; even after all these years, no other show quite measures up to it.

After that, not sure if it really qualifies as sci-fi, but The X-Files; the first five seasons, anyway.

"Space: Above and Beyond" had serious potential, as did "Birds of Prey". I've also been watching old "Robocop: The Series" episodes, and in retrospect it wasn't bad...although campy.

"Twilight Zone" is an excellent call. I loved Nickelodeon's "Invader Zim", also.

As my username suggests I am a huge fan of the both the sci-fi shows Firefly and Blake's 7! :neenerneener:

(You do seriously get huge brownie points from me if you have seen Blake's 7 though)

But seriously though I am a huge fan of Doctor Who and Star Trek! I've seen all of the New series of Doctor Who as well as all of the surviving classic series! I also collect some of the Doctor Who comics and audio dramas as well. And I love all of the Star Trek shows with a special affinity for Deep Space Nine. I have not seen all of Enterprise though but I am working on it and I am enjoying more than I thought I would.

I also have to give honorable mentions to the following shows:

The Twilight Zone

The X-Files

Farscape

Futurama

Red Dwarf

Stargate SG-1

Mystery Science Theater 3000

the Quatermass mini-series'

and also both Manimal and Automan for the over-the-top hilarious 80's cheese! :D

Never been anything else like it

<object width="475" height="381"><param value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xq9DKBMygpw&showsearch=0&rel=0&fs=1&autoplay=0&ap=%2526fmt%3D18" name="movie" /><param value="window" name="wmode" /><param value="true" name="allowFullScreen" /><embed width="475" height="381" wmode="window" allowfullscreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xq9DKBMygpw&showsearch=0&fs=1&rel=0&autoplay=0&ap=%2526fmt%3D18"></embed></object>

My choices will be:

Babylon 5
Firefly
Stargate SG1

in no particular order.

I have seen a bit around Batlestar Galactica but its not there with the other ones.
Also enjoy Star Treck but would not watch an entire season.....well....I would should I have infinite time :D

If they qualify, I would say the X-Files and Doctor Who (although not so much the current happy-clappy, shouty, lightning fast one-liner reincarnations).

I briefly got hooked on Star Trek, but I don't remember why, or indeed why I never continued to be hooked

Red Dwarf had a great theme song.

I'm pretty picky about my science-fiction stuff but who didn't like X Files? Use to scare the bejesus out of me as a kid.

Babylon 5, the new(er) Battlestar Galactica, Space; Above and Beyond, Andromeda, Deep Space Nine and Defiance are the top sci-fi on my list.

I'm pretty picky about my science-fiction stuff but who didn't like X Files? Use to scare the bejesus out of me as a kid.

Same. I was always on the edge of my seat and also desperately wanting Mulder to prove everyone wrong, leaving the world in no doubt that we are in fact 'not alone'.

I'm glad Blake 7 was mentioned, what a dark programme that was!

Has there ever been a bleaker ending to a tv program? Worth catching on you tube, ever fecker died :)

There was a kids tv program in the 80's too, anyone see it, called into the labyrinth, evil witch and bleedin Ron Moody, again good stuff for sitting on your ass if its snowing outside..

So many but off the top of my head Both the Twilight Zone and Outer Limits (all versions, new and old), Red dwarf, Futurama, Jericho, Flashforward and Dollhouse.

Twilight Zone
Outer Limits
Star Trek (all flavors)
Twin Peaks (OK, so it's not really sci-fi, but I like its suspense mixed with a healthy "weird" factor!)

It was nice to see at least three mentions of The X-Files in this thread as that series jumped out as a front runner...:atom:...I got all 9 seasons on DVD...:thumbsup: ...What an amazing television series that was back in the day. That and Sons of Anarchy are the two greatest television shows ever.

What's New

4/24/2024
If you need to report a post, click the 'report' button to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back