• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Does "Domain expired" equal 'Data deleted'?

Hey dude,

It depends where the data is stored, if its stored via a company and their policy on keeping that data from expired domains.

In the UKTFs case it looks like the domain name itself (the www./.com web address) wasn't renewed. The forum probably has a subscription that wont be renewed but the physical data is probably safe. Much like on Tickle Theatre, the web address still works but your hit a 404 error trying to access the forum itself. Hosting companies tend not to just delete data as soon as the money runs out to encourage repeat business.

The owner (Big Jim?) might have had his own server set up in which case he'd have everything but that would cost waaaay more. You'd have to talk to him :) Cheers

Well, right now anybody linking in to the tickle-brits UKTF forum gets this - http://www.tickle-brits.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=4&start=391 as the website address is no longer linked to the forum. The forum and all its data will most likely be buried on a hard drive in a server farm, where ever the hosting company is located (unless Big J had his own server).

Yes, they are a loose end, but now the data has been taken down from the internet, you're safer than the last 10 years when they were live and google searchable by anyone. Anyone who wanted to make malicious use of the data now (forum owner, bored server farm techie) would have to know you pretty well to know someone in your life to be malicious with the data too (assuming you wouldn't just go to plod lol).

Running a forum of that size, the monthly costs can be the better part of £100. When you've got a dead forum thats being unused, suddenly that £1,200 a year looks much better as a holiday around the Med or a classic Porsche lol. Much the same with that happened with Tickle Theatre, you can't blame the guy whos pocket was being emptied for pulling the plug. But yeah, a little notice could have been given. Cheers

Hello guys,

The current status of the UKTF is not due to it being "ended" yet, although that is on the cards. This was due to a technical oversight on my part, which unfortunately occurred while I was away on holiday.

I do intend to get it hopefully re-established tomorrow and I can confirm that if that is successful, I will not close the forum intentionally without giving notice. At least two weeks, probably longer.

Regrettably, although I was the most noticeable member of the UK community early on, I am NOT the most IT competent. Far from it, in fact.

Last edited:
And yes, the hosting company is still being paid. It is only the domain name that hasn't been renewed.

Ah gotcha! Just a simple renewal of the domain name :) Glad to hear its not gone. Hopefully this'll act as a bit of a refresher for the site and kick start it back into life a bit. Hope you had a good holiday! Cheers

Ah gotcha! Just a simple renewal of the domain name :) Glad to hear its not gone. Hopefully this'll act as a bit of a refresher for the site and kick start it back into life a bit. Hope you had a good holiday! Cheers

To be honest Raytheon, activity has cratered spectacularly in recent years and this board exists because of Myriads's offer to have somewhere to replace it. The UKTF doesn't really justify its existence any more. I would however not just shut it down out of nowhere and with no notice.

However, the site www.tickle-brits.co.uk doesn't in itself matter. The community of people is what matters and all the UKTF does is give it somewhere to meet and talk, which is now something they can do here.

When the day does come, the community and level of contact and finding each other needn't suffer at all. Fetlife is untouched (and there is where 90%of contact is made nowadays) and this forum serves every need the UKTF could, but without needing it's own server and without generating its own bills.

Thank you for that clarification and reassurance, Big Jim, it is much appreciated.

You're welcome. :) Once again, I can only say sorry for the oversight on my part.

The UKTF should be operational in roughly twenty minutes from the time of this posting.

Has anyone noticed when the latest UKTF error occurred? I've just noticed it's down again.

I think it's been down for about a week

It's fixed. Thanks to HDS.

The server company did something rather strange which he did attempt to explain to me, but which I don't understand. Something about part of an update.

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back