• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Pit Bull Fanatics

coldneck

TMF Expert
The only thing worse than a dangerous pit bull are their apologetic owners.

Fanatics for dangerous dogs always:

say valid statistics are bogus but do not say why or offer proof
say they have veritable statistics but never come back to publish them
love to compare dangerous dogs to guns, saying guns kill more than pit bulls
blame the victims for the dog attacks.

That last one is the most extreme characteristic to shed light on what kind of people they really are.
Statistics don’t lie.

Pit bulls, which are now, alarmingly, the second most popular breed (Labrador retrievers remain first), comprising 9% of the breed population, account for:

81% of attacks that induce bodily harm
76% of attacks to children
87% of attack to adults
72% of attacks resulting in fatalities
81% that result in maiming

According to the annual report on dog maulings, maimings, dismemberments and fatalities by breed, continually updated by American investigative journalist Merritt Clifton, as well as from statistics compiled by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control, nearly half of the victims killed by pit bulls are household members.

One single person is killed in the U.S. by a pit bull every 14 days.

One body part is severed and lost in a pit bull attack every 5.4 days.

Statistics don’t lie. But pit bull fanatics do. Even to themselves.

Ugh, Pit Bulls, the dog equivalent to DC Comic's Bizarro (aka all muscle and utterly no brains whatsoever)!

Give me a rough collie or a golden retriever ANY DAY of the WEEK am I right guys / gals?

You should take a look at this article about your source, he's apparently a complete fraud: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/douglas-anthony-cooper/merritt-clifton-pit-bulls_b_5866176.html

That said, I tend to agree about these dogs, I think the breed itself has problems. It's not the dogs fault, but if people stopped thinking it made their penis bigger and buying them as if they were matched sets, then eventually they'd fade away.

It's the same thing they're trying to do with the English Bulldog, because it's been bred to the point where it can barely survive its own existence. The solution is to educate the buyer and then the breeders will follow suit just because they need to stay in business and breed dogs that people will actually want.

But pitbulls make people think they're badasses, so you can't get them to stop buying them as easily as you can with the English Bulldog.

You should take a look at this article about your source, he's apparently a complete fraud: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/douglas-anthony-cooper/merritt-clifton-pit-bulls_b_5866176.html

That said, I tend to agree about these dogs, I think the breed itself has problems. It's not the dogs fault, but if people stopped thinking it made their penis bigger and buying them as if they were matched sets, then eventually they'd fade away.

It's the same thing they're trying to do with the English Bulldog, because it's been bred to the point where it can barely survive its own existence. The solution is to educate the buyer and then the breeders will follow suit just because they need to stay in business and breed dogs that people will actually want.

But pitbulls make people think they're badasses, so you can't get them to stop buying them as easily as you can with the English Bulldog.

Responsible breeders select based on health and looks, not necessarily what everyone is clamoring for. The problem is that by selecting some dogs for some traits, they have limited the genetic variability of the stock. There are several breeds facing major health problems because of this (i.e. Golden Retrievers have a 60% chance of dying from cancer - a statistic we used to save for Boxers). Sometimes, our choices help, sometimes they hurt.

BTW, bully breeds are popular among many people. I have breeders who pay thousands of dollars for a American Staffordshire, French Bulldog, American Bulldog mix. I don't understand why people pay so much for mixed breeds, but the dogs are cute with a nice disposition that I've seen so far.

While I'm no animal rights activist, I would never consider buying a puppy from a breeder. Not when there are so many dogs and cats in need of homes. A few months ago, my wife discovered a very young pit bull mother and her two puppies. Somebody had just abandoned them on the country road near our home. We took them to the vet, got them shots and had them spayed and neutered.

Nobody seems to want them, so we are keeping them. Coldneck raises some good concerns about the breed and why many seem to want them for the wrong reasons. Me? I'm just trying to give these three a good home, lots of attention, walking, and playing. I'm a believer that when dogs are raised in a loving, nurturing environment, that goes a long way towards curbing hostility. Maybe I'll be proved wrong, but I can't help but feel these puppies deserve a chance.

Attachments

• 20150308_112431.jpg
    20150308_112431.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 21
While I'm no animal rights activist, I would never consider buying a puppy from a breeder. Not when there are so many dogs and cats in need of homes. A few months ago, my wife discovered a very young pit bull mother and her two puppies. Somebody had just abandoned them on the country road near our home. We took them to the vet, got them shots and had them spayed and neutered.

Nobody seems to want them, so we are keeping them. Coldneck raises some good concerns about the breed and why many seem to want them for the wrong reasons. Me? I'm just trying to give these three a good home, lots of attention, walking, and playing. I'm a believer that when dogs are raised in a loving, nurturing environment, that goes a long way towards curbing hostility. Maybe I'll be proved wrong, but I can't help but feel these puppies deserve a chance.

They are precious! How wonderful that you've given them a great home. I tend to agree - pit bulls that are aggressive are usually owned
by complete morons who want them to be "tough" and project a certain image (usually thug or trash, in my opinion). Many are dog fighters.
I bought my first dachshund from a responsible breeder over 8 years ago, before I ever learned about dachshund rescue. My second dox is
a rescue. I plan to rescue all future doxies as well. I'd love to have a six pack, but for now it will stay two. ;)
can certainly own any

This was a long time ago. I was,, nine, but, my family had a female Golden for much of my teenage years, and she had the sweetest disposition., I believe we did buy her from a Breeder.

des is the one person I would probably most seek advice from on this forum about this subject, because she's a vet, so she has more experience with dealing with dogs and their dispositions, etc, then most of the rest of us do, I'm sure.

About the subject of Pit Bulls.

Were I to get a dog, I think I would probably get another breed. While I;m well aware that a dog's disposition can have much to do with it's environment as a puppy, I've also heard that Pit Bulls have aggressive dispositions,. Not something I'd want as a pet. In fact, I read an article in the wikipedia about dogs, in which it said that Golden Retrievers make good pets, because they are friendly, and patient with children, etc. I know for a fact that my Golden loved basically everyone except for maybe a couple of people who crossed her path. When she was a puppy, and I taught her how to play catch with a ball, my mom was always afraid she would bite me, when I tried to take the ball away from her to show her how to catch, but she never did. She even let me massage the sides of her jaws when I was petting her.

Pit bulls? Maybe for some people, but I wouldnt want one.

While I;m well aware that a dog's disposition can have much to do with it's environment as a puppy, I've also heard that Pit Bulls have aggressive dispositions,. Not something I'd want as a pet.

Pit bulls do not have aggressive dispositions. In fact, the #1 most aggressive dog is the dachshund. Pit bulls were found to be one of
the least aggressive. Please do not believe all of the lies you hear about pit bulls. This is coming from a dachshund owner.

http://www.dogguide.net/blog/2008/0...led-pit-bulls-rottweilers-youll-be-surprised/

Thanks so much for sharing this. A salient point from it that merits repeating:

. . . most dog bites are not reported. Big dog bites are more likely to require medical attention, but this does not mean that those breeds are doing the majority of the biting.

And:

One of the teams [sic] researchers, Dr. James Serpell, believes that smaller breeds may be more genetically predisposed to aggressive behavior than their larger counterparts.

As the owner of two little Tasmanian Devil/Whirling Dervish dynamos, I can indeed testify to that.

This post seems like it was made looking for a fight. :wow:

Pitbulls were originally bred for fighting, so while that's in their DNA it doesn't define them. It all depends on how they're raised. And this is coming from someone who has known the sweetest and most caring Pitbulls and know someone who was attacked by a Pitbull.

Any dog can be mean and attack, my parents have a Cockalier (half Cockerspaniel - half King Charles Caviler) and he is one of the meanest dogs I have ever met because of the way he was raised, and Cavilers are bred to be loyal dogs; but he's a huge asshole that attacked everyone was he was a puppy and at four years old now he's still extremely territorial and will snap at anyone that comes near him without warning.

The only reason we see so much about Pitbulls attacking people in the media is because it gets big, quick. No one cares that someone was attacked by a Cockalier.

Every dog has a different personality and how they're raised shapes them, almost exactly like people.

I believe that high number of PB attacks is because so many of their owners are AssHoles. I see it often in my line of work. It's the guy walking the dog around because he thinks that makes him a tough guy. They could care less about the dog, it's a status symbol to them. They can be a very dangerous breed. So can German Shepards, Rottis, Dobermans. Pits always get bad ink.

Pit bulls do not have aggressive dispositions. In fact, the #1 most aggressive dog is the dachshund. Pit bulls were found to be one of
the least aggressive. Please do not believe all of the lies you hear about pit bulls. This is coming from a dachshund owner.

http://www.dogguide.net/blog/2008/0...led-pit-bulls-rottweilers-youll-be-surprised/
Thanks for the link, Amanda. :D
I was not surprised to see chihuahuas as the #2 aggressive breed. Mistress Zara's chihuahua was always snapping at me and actually bit me twice.

If you raise them to be white homophobes, I'll kill you.

Thanks for the link, Amanda. :D
I was not surprised to see chihuahuas as the #2 aggressive breed. Mistress Zara's chihuahua was always snapping at me and actually bit me twice.

Did he nip you in the wee wee?

Just be thankful it wasn't a pitbull who bit you, or your time with Mistress Zara would be spend playing pinochle and knitting sweaters.

Did he nip you in the wee wee?

Just be thankful it wasn't a pitbull who bit you, or your time with Mistress Zara would be spend playing pinochle and knitting sweaters.
The chihuahua, being a small dog, hence close to the ground, bit me just above the ankle on both occasions.
PS: MZ retired from being a professional dominatrix in 2009 and now is married with two children.

What's New

4/19/2024
Check out the huge number of thicklign clips that can be found at Clips4Sale. The webs biggest fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back