• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Asking for advice

bestmed

TMF Expert
I'm going to start posting some tickle stories but I don't know how to keep them from being repetitive. I've seen so many writes that seam to use the same scene and just change the names.

How many ways can you write a tickle scene really. There are only so many ways to describe the action. The rest of the story isn't so hard but the actual tickling, How do I make it different each time?

How many ways can you write a crime story really? Or a romance? Yet there are thousands of crime stories and romances coming out every year.
It's simple. If you're a good writer, you'll be easily able to find "another way" to write a story. Writing isn't a rocket science.

My advice would be to read a lot of different tickling fiction. Look how different authors describe the same act, and try and think of different ways yourself. You can change the description of what is being tickled, how it is being tickled, what it is being tickled by, how the tickle physically reacts, how they mentally react, how they verbally react, what bondage is tying them down, what the tickler is saying, what the tickler is doing, what the tickler is thinking, the tickling related to the theme of the story, the tickling related to the plot of the story, the tickling related to the dynamic of the people engaged, and probably more then I'm listing. Essentially, you have more then a dosen different factors you can write about and use, and those factors can be used in more then a few different combinations.

Its not how you write it. Its why you write it. If you are writing to 'write'... then its a fail. But if you are transcribing your burning passion, then that honesty will write itself. Don't chase words. Let the words chase you.

Writing the fetish specific aspects of any sort of erotic writing is, in my opinion, the hardest part of the exercise. You have a very limited range of descriptors at hand, and over use of them makes the writing look shoddy.

Often what I do is pull back on the actual description of the tickling, and focus on the mindspace of the Ler and/or lee. That allows you to inhabit a unique viewpoint of a specific character, that shouldn't be exactly the same as another, and write something that is somewhat fresh feeling. Or at least not another essay on how "He dragged his finger slowly up her arch... etc etc."

Frankly writing the Ha-Ha parts as I call them is the most annoying part to me of any tickling involved writing exercises as it's a payoff exercise not much of a character building one, or even story progressing one. Fitting the stuff in so it feels somewhat normal is a whole other problem.

Myriads

Has Everything Already Been Written?

I'll echo the others and suggest that you write what interests and moves and amuses and excites YOU. <br>
I don't think it's different from writing without erotica and/or tickling. Is it hard to write about cookies because Proust said it all with his madeleine or about mortality because Shelley nailed it in "Ozymandias"? You bet. But we keep trying because we keep living, darn it!<br>
With a bit of work, you'll find a rhythm and meter and level of detail that'll say "tickle" to you in your stories. You may toy with perspective, too, assuming a 'lee one time, a 'ler the next, or being a bemused observer the third time. You don't have to invent a new language. Just be persistently playful when you write and the reader will be tickled, too.<br>
I've found that when I write characters that I care about, in a plot that challenges me, that the tickling is easier to write and fits the story comfortably. Sometimes, the set-up is the hard work; other times, making the tickling evocative is the task. I know both are right when I don't feel the need to cut-and-paste anymore. (Admittedly, for some tales, that moment almost never seems to come.)<br>

Do I sometimes think I fall into cliché or the obvious? Yes, despite my efforts to exceed them, it does happen. When that bugs me, I rewrite until I've wrought something more vivid and fresher. Sometimes, tho', it doesn't trouble me. The "ha-ha-ha" and other tickling tropes seem like familiar, well-worn but still comfortable articles of clothing. There are times I just want to wear that old pair of jeans, and not be decked out like Jay Gatsby.<br>
If your writing pleases you--and the tickling therein diverts you, audience reaction will take care of itself.

Last edited:
Asking for advice

I'm going to start posting some tickle stories but I don't know how to keep them from being repetitive. I've seen so many writes that seam to use the same scene and just change the names.

How many ways can you write a tickle scene really. There are only so many ways to describe the action. The rest of the story isn't so hard but the actual tickling, How do I make it different each time?

ps. You're Welcome.

Looks like you've got a really good discussion going here! As a fellow writer, here are my two cents:

Every tickle situation will be different, because the people involved are always going to be different!

WHY is the lee being tickled? Interrogation? Punishment? Lulz? This leads to...
WHAT is the mindset of the lee/ler? Angry? (sexually) Frustrated? Determined? Happy? Gender? (big difference between /M and /F!) and this leads to...
HOW is the tickling being conducted? Tools? Bondage? Intensity? Tickle spots?

Each of those three areas can be branched out. You can really play with things like bondage (or even a lack of bondage, in the event of a tickle fight). I haven't even touched on description - there is always so much to describe! What do the lee and the ler look like? More details are good. Describe the sweat trickling down the lee's brow, the mischievous grin on the ler's face, the musky smell of the lee's feet... there is so much to describe!

If you're curious on how to approach any particular element of a tickling story (for example, if you want to know about a good variety of tickle tools you could use to branch out from the standard fingers + feather) I'll be more than happy to help! (If you wanted to see a variety of tickle tools I would recommend Sablesword's work btw).

Writing isn't rocket science because writing is an art, not a science. Science follows formulas. Formulas are typically things that break art. Not that I'm bitter about someone at my job insulting me in the past or anything.

A lot of people -- myself included -- write scenes, not stories. Probably the best way to not write the same thing over and over is to develop your characters strongly and flow with them as opposed to what you want the story to do or where you want it to go. Unique characters will make unique stories 100% of the time.

Alternatively change the scene/setting/what is leading up to it. Change your focus, draw upon experience. The character's pacing in tickling -- if the tickler is tickling playfully, erotically, hard and fast whatever -- alone can change the feel a lot. If the ticklee is bound in different ways then they'll struggle or fight back in different ways, which again will change the scene a lot.

Pay attention to your word usage and thought processes above all else. If you feel like you're being repetitive with another story, identify why you feel that way and just change it. If it's your style, change that, go to third person or first person or whatever, or change where you're focusing your words: on how the tickling feels, on how the scene looks, on what the 'ler or 'lee is thinking, or maybe an outsider's point of view. Stuff like that.

Further, pay attention to your voice, like how you're narrating the story. Dialect, word usage, tone -- that sort of thing.

Thanks everyone. I've started on my first story. I hope to post in a few days.

I have written several stories (a premier novella, then four sequels) that revolve around the aspect of true consensual and abiding love between a guy and a girl that develops from their ironically similar desires to 'open up' and share their respective ardent fetishes and ultimate pleasure fantasies with each other. Once the two main characters are fully depicted as sincerer, intelligent, and genuine lovers--they discover, establish, and embrace their most erotic and sensual needs (the guy--foot worship of beautifully pedicured female foot; furry/fuzzy/fluffy slippers, and slow, sensual foot tickling (feathers, soft brushes, lickles...) (the girl---bondage and sensual tickling, foot worship dominance, oral sexual pleasure...), the sequels involve a 'playful revenge' scenario (e.g., 'turn-the-tables' on providing exotic and lovingly long, slow, languid tickling and foot-worshipping pleasures leading to intense and erotic orgasm/climax. Then, the scenarios add two other open-minded lady friends of the girl--and now the guy--all of whom have no trouble with their sexuality and delights that share the pleasures of bondage, tickling, foot worship and slipper FUN!!!! Each sequel adds a new wrinkle to the unfulfilled needs and desires

Anyway, that's how I 'mix it up' to avoid boring aspect of the same old-same old in multiple stories. It helps whenever the fantasies and fetishes that you write about are your very own! The verbal/visual output comes much easier and the personal involvement with the characters are much more robust.....

Hope this helps....

Tony

What's New

4/23/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome Forum and take a moment to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back