• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Women and the comment sections per internet

Ticklerguy4u

3rd Level Orange Feather
Anyone who are in the gaming community should know these women. Anita Sarkeesian and Zoe Quinn and their crusade to end men and any involvement in gaming or internet have now taken their complaints to a U.N. advisory board about men's complaints to them.

Knowing that women on the forum do have experience with unwanted opinions or undesired attention. I wanted to ask if anyone thinks these women and those like them are making women seem like children unable to handle life on the internet due to opinions that conflict with their ideas.

Any thoughts??

Click here for article on it

I feel like one or two people dont / cant really reresent the whole group cuz people are different and junk.

Also, this article reads like a pissed off kid's blog. Not very objective in the least, so gotta take it with a grain of salt. I read like two paragraphs and then pretty much made my mind up that it was bullshit

I feel like one or two people dont / cant really reresent the whole group cuz people are different and junk.

Also, this article reads like a pissed off kid's blog. Not very objective in the least, so gotta take it with a grain of salt. I read like two paragraphs and then pretty much made my mind up that it was bullshit
Well most coverage about it is on youtube channels. This was the only article I could find with written words. The story is legit though.

What do you mean legit? It seemed like an opinion piece.

I think he means legit, as in, Anita Sarkeesian and Zoe Quinn did in fact appear and speak at the U.N. (they were invited guests on a panel discussion at the U.N. Broadband Commission Working Group on Gender); the statement that they are on some sort of crusade to end men is opinion.
And ridiculous.

This is a more accurate article: http://www.polygon.com/2015/9/25/93...men-cyber-violence-anita-sarkeesian-zoe-quinn

who are these two women? Are they just youtubers or are they streamers as well?

That's not an article - it's a bunch of badly-written, angry sentences with almost no information in them. But I know enough about this to know that you calling it a crusade to end men and their involvement in gaming and the internet is... to call it an exaggeration is to really undersell it. There might not be a strong enough word to describe the hysteria implied in that description of what's going on.

That said, these women are right, something obviously has to be done. We can't have a society where people can anonymously throw around death threats to anyone who we don't like. Not just death threats of the "I hope you die" variety - we're talking about the kind where the person making the threat shows you your address, phone number, and maybe a picture of your house from google maps. Then gives a detailed description of exactly how they're going to kill you. Because you're a woman who criticized the way women are portrayed in games and responded to in gaming media. I mean, come on.

Fuck the people who made those threats, and frankly fuck anyone who opposes the effort to stop them. Sorry if that includes you, but of all the places to draw a line and pick a fight, these despicable twitter shitheads are the ones you're going to defend? Seriously?

Anyone who are in the gaming community should know these women. Anita Sarkeesian and Zoe Quinn and their crusade to end men and any involvement in gaming or internet have now taken their complaints to a U.N. advisory board about men's complaints to them.

Knowing that women on the forum do have experience with unwanted opinions or undesired attention. I wanted to ask if anyone thinks these women and those like them are making women seem like children unable to handle life on the internet due to opinions that conflict with their ideas.

Any thoughts??

Click here for article on it

That's not an article - it's a bunch of badly-written, angry sentences with almost no information in them. But I know enough about this to know that you calling it a crusade to end men and their involvement in gaming and the internet is... to call it an exaggeration is to really undersell it. There might not be a strong enough word to describe the hysteria implied in that description of what's going on.

That said, these women are right, something obviously has to be done. We can't have a society where people can anonymously throw around death threats to anyone who we don't like. Not just death threats of the "I hope you die" variety - we're talking about the kind where the person making the threat shows you your address, phone number, and maybe a picture of your house from google maps. Then gives a detailed description of exactly how they're going to kill you. Because you're a woman who criticized the way women are portrayed in games and responded to in gaming media. I mean, come on.

Fuck the people who made those threats, and frankly fuck anyone who opposes the effort to stop them. Sorry if that includes you, but of all the places to draw a line and pick a fight, these despicable twitter shitheads are the ones you're going to defend? Seriously?

Doesn't include me. I think that what men said to them is childish and should be taken seriously but these are also women who believe in the silencing of men period. Not just bad mouth but opinions as well. If you say they are wrong about facts...you are bullying them. They also believe in the hashtag #killallmen..if I recall. Not to mention they have been quoted to cyber-bullying men online as well on twitter and facebook. Of course that is neither here nor there. Men are supposed to take it. I just thought is was hypocritical.

In that same speech both heavily insinuated that being told "You suck" and "You're a liar", and that making YouTube videos to that effect, should be qualified to the same degree as actual threats of death and violence.

So. There's that.

Oh, and that that same UN presentation was so bad Quinn distanced herself immediately after everyone actually read what was in it.

In that same speech both heavily insinuated that being told "You suck" and "You're a liar", and that making YouTube videos to that effect, should be qualified to the same degree as actual threats of death and violence.

So. There's that.

Oh, and that that same UN presentation was so bad Quinn distanced herself immediately after everyone actually read what was in it.

lol. if that was the case...guys would of been chased off the internet long time ago. Even my years on this forum I've been called names when someone doesn't agree with me, from guys and girls.

how many times have men been called "losers" online by women...just saying. Hasn't deterred men in any way. Where's that U.N. number?

:manicd::manicd::manicd::manicd::manicd:

Last edited:
Doesn't include me. I think that what men said to them is childish and should be taken seriously but these are also women who believe in the silencing of men period. Not just bad mouth but opinions as well. If you say they are wrong about facts...you are bullying them. They also believe in the hashtag #killallmen..if I recall. Not to mention they have been quoted to cyber-bullying men online as well on twitter and facebook. Of course that is neither here nor there. Men are supposed to take it. I just thought is was hypocritical.

Provide attribution on ANY of the statements you just made. Show where they indicate that they want to silence men. Show where they say that if you say they're wrong, you're bullying them. Show where they've supported that ridiculous hashtag. Prove a single one of those assertions, I dare you.

how many times have men been called "losers" online by women...just saying. Hasn't deterred men in any way. Where's that U.N. number?

There aren't many people online in our community who have been hammered more than me. Google me on the wayback machine or the old alt.net archives sometime. I believe in having a thick skin, especially online. But you're the only one who thinks being called a "loser" has anything to do with this, and I really wish you would do some research before forming such strong opinions.

I've been called a loser, so have you, and so have these women.

But nobody has ever said to me (or you I'm pretty sure) "I'm going to come to your house and violently rape you in front of your family." and "Get ice skates, split your throat and drink bleach."

Those are just two of the THOUSANDS of threats like this that these women get. And for what? Do you even know what they've done that started this? I'd be willing to bet that you're going to have to get on google before you can even describe the timeline of what caused the world of male online douchebags to go so crazy.

Doxxing someone makes the usual internet bullshit threats a real and genuine threat, and it's specifically intended to scare the victim by making those threats much more real.
You're equating that with someone calling you a loser?

Well again she did say "You're a liar, you suck" was on par with them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki3kwTw2UIA

That's not what she says in the video you linked to. Where does she say that?

In the video she says the issue that's under discussion is a not just what's legal and illegal, but what's the definition of harassment in the larger sense? She then goes on to mention some of the harassment that she deals with. But nowhere does she say anything about them being on par with the death threats.

In fact she goes out of her way to say "harassment on all levels" which means there are levels of harassment, no?

I don't agree with everything she says or stands for, but my god, the people who are against her don't appear to understand her, or the issue, or what's even being discussed.

Also by the way, as an afterthought, whoever put that clip online obviously pulled 37 specific seconds of her testimony explicitly to try and make it appear that she was saying something that if you gave her statement its full context, you'd see she wasn't saying.

but even that failed, because as I said, even those carefully chosen 37 seconds don't really say what they want it to say.

I don't agree with everything she says or stands for, but my god, the people who are against her don't appear to understand her, or the issue, or what's even being discussed.

I think they know exactly what they're doing. That's the point. If they can equate garden-variety internet trolling with organized campaigns of doxxing and harassment, they can minimize what happened to her and others, and claim she's overreacting.

Why can't the public speaker can't handle "You suck"? Why can't the academic handle criticisms of her arguments? Why wasn't this such a massive issue with Sarah Palin? Why wasn't it such a huge issue with Jesse Slaughter?

Is something like this harassment to be banned (5:45 is a gem)? Because I've gotten people to argue that because this guy has done more than a couple of videos on her and the subject, that it is.

And considering this same... "presentation" came packaged with a report that said Pokemon is a devil worshipping recruitment tool and first person shooters are "murder training simulations" you'll forgive me that I'm coming at the entire even as sensationalized to an extent.

That's not what she says in the video you linked to. Where does she say that?

In the video she says the issue that's under discussion is a not just what's legal and illegal, but what's the definition of harassment in the larger sense? She then goes on to mention some of the harassment that she deals with. But nowhere does she say anything about them being on par with the death threats.

In fact she goes out of her way to say "harassment on all levels" which means there are levels of harassment, no?

here...hope this works. this is the link to the UN meeting
http://webtv.un.org/watch/launch-of...roup-on-gender-report/4506718502001#full-text

Just some ppl harrassed by her and her supporters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5If8qy5tctY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlmuKqKAIb4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prmprJyPyv0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ5Zrnksh3M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV9QbFku7bE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHo02S6_IbE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhFCdQjthxo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWQcqabG0J8

I will admit I am not the most best researcher in the world so if anyone you may have to find more

Last edited:
Also by the way, as an afterthought, whoever put that clip online obviously pulled 37 specific seconds of her testimony explicitly to try and make it appear that she was saying something that if you gave her statement its full context, you'd see she wasn't saying.

but even that failed, because as I said, even those carefully chosen 37 seconds don't really say what they want it to say.

You do realize that she and her supporters, if they had their way, would have your site shut down for victimizing women by tying them up even though it was their choice.

So anyway. my original post was does anyone believe that these women are believing that females are children that can't stand up for themselves.

So, to answer your original post, no. Since none of "those women" said anything like that.

What's New

4/18/2024
Need to report a post? Click the report button to its lower left!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back