• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Tickling in books

guitarman

TMF Regular
Does anyone here know of any good books that have references to tickling in them??

There is such a big thing for tickle scenes in movies, but I don't hear so much about books...

Heh, tickle scenes are quite the rarity in books, aren't they?
Unfortunately, I don't think I'm aware of any actual full-on tickle scenes, but there are little bitty references to tickling here and there. For instance, in the final book of the Wake Trilogy (lovely series, btw!), there's a part where the main character has just fallen off a pair of water skis while skiing on a lake, and it's followed up by this line:
"When weeds suddenly tickled her dangling feet, she 'eeped' and her body gave a shudder of general ooginess..." Or something to that effect. The focus was less on the tickling and more on her realization that she was in a lake surrounded by fish and their excrement, but still, it was a nice touch. XD

There is a full-on gang tickling attack (by high school students, female and male, on one of their male classmates) in "The Great Airport Mystery" (from The Hardy Boys series) on page 47 of the hardcover edition. Sadly, the description lacks details and runs only half a page. Nevertheless, that became my favorite book when I first read it at age nine. :D

Last edited:
That would be when they ganged up on Chet after his sister revealed his weakness. I read that part over several times.

This might be more to your taste. 'A Man With A Maid", written in England, 1908, the Edwardian Era.

A well-to-do young man has converted a portion of his lodgings to a soundproof room which he christens 'The Snuggery', wherein he entertains various (temporarily) unwilling well-to-do young ladies, their servants, and even the mother of one of them!

Plenty of bondage, floggings, quite a few featherings, and free to read here:

https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/The_Way_of_a_Man_with_a_Maid

When I was in...first grade I think, we had a book auction in class and one book was called "the terrible tickler"-I was the only one who wanted it. It's all about school boys bullying each other so I won't go into any detail, but it had a huge impact on me when I was that age myself :D

~K

How to Marry A Millionaire Vampire by Kerrelyn Sparks has a bit in it...

Tickling seems to be a theme that appears more regularly in kids/Young Adult books than it does in standard adult literature. (Hence "The Hardy Boys") I remember being very young, and there was tickling discussion in one of the "Ramona" books, And I remember not being able to understand why I read that part over and over again. Definitely could have been a seed planter! Who knows?

The Xanth series by Piers Anthony has occasional good tickle references. A teenage girl in one of the early books in that series heard somewhere that it's attractive for girls to be ticklish, and suddenly decided she was hyper-ticklish. That fueled many fantasies... really wished certain girls I knew would do that! A few books later it was a recurring minor theme, as the main guy repeatedly got a cute girl to go along with things (not sexual, just whatever they were doing for the main plot) by threatening to tickle her.

Irresistible aside: tickling is the best way EVER for guys to control cute girls who are being stubborn, obnoxious, naughty, etc. It's brief, but wonderful. The rest of the time they have way too much power because they're hot.

Robert Heinlein books also occasionally mention tickling. At least one book (maybe Time Enough For Love) has several references, including one time a chapter ends with a hottie squealing, "Don't tickle!" and a strong implication that this was heading into the bedroom ;)

There are a good number of kindle and nook books that are tickling themed. Some of it just expanded fiction like we would have here, but there are also full length things like Tickling Daphne H and some books by Severin (there were a bunch of kindle books by Severin, but last I looked they were not there, but only on nook)

"The Babysitter" is a short story by Robert Cooper (later a bad movie with Alicia Silverstone) that has some tickling in it.

There are couple of brief scenes of Moiraine being tickled in the Wheel of Time book New Spring.

The Xanth series by Piers Anthony has occasional good tickle references. A teenage girl in one of the early books in that series heard somewhere that it's attractive for girls to be ticklish, and suddenly decided she was hyper-ticklish. That fueled many fantasies... really wished certain girls I knew would do that! A few books later it was a recurring minor theme, as the main guy repeatedly got a cute girl to go along with things (not sexual, just whatever they were doing for the main plot) by threatening to tickle her.

Irresistible aside: tickling is the best way EVER for guys to control cute girls who are being stubborn, obnoxious, naughty, etc. It's brief, but wonderful. The rest of the time they have way too much power because they're hot.

Robert Heinlein books also occasionally mention tickling. At least one book (maybe Time Enough For Love) has several references, including one time a chapter ends with a hottie squealing, "Don't tickle!" and a strong implication that this was heading into the bedroom ;)

How could I forget Xanth? Tickle-r bushes, rib tickling fights that preceed stork-calling, mermaids tickling people to prove that they can breathe underwater--Piers Anthony is definitely one of Us! :D

~K

There's a brief scene in "In the Presence of My Enemies" by Harry Turtledove, plus a couple of mentions of it during the book as well.

There's a brief scene in "The Daughter of Smoke and Bone" by Laini Taylor (a must-read if you enjoy urban fantasy, BTW).

There's a cringey M/F scene in Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging where the main character's cousin tries to play "tickly bears" with her and then snog her in the dark. :pukefight: It's probably not worth reading since it contains minors, and the books are pretty crappy in my opinion, but since they were so popular and no one talked about that scene, it really surprised me when I read it.

There is a scene in 'Joyland' by Stephen Kind, where the three main characters (two guys and a girl) are on the beach reflecting on a bizarre experience they had on the Ghost Train at the theme park where they worked. One of the guys is being all grumpy and distant and the girl (soon to be his girlfriend) starts messing with him - starts with elbowing and poking his sides and then just as he starts to cheer up he makes one final tongue-in-cheek, but antagonistic, comment and as a result she goes all out tickling him:

"...(Erin) pounced on him - they went rolling across the sand with Erin tickling and Tom (with a notable lack of conviction in his voice) yelling for her to get off"

Brief scene, but the characters are painted quite vividly so I enjoyed it.

"Notable lack of conviction" is a fantastic way to put that <3 xD

~K

Oh, I don't know if this qualifies, but there's a bit of a cocktease in one of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy books.

Arthur Dent, the main character, has himself a new girlfriend by the name of Fenchurch (yes, really), and she said to him at one point that there's something wrong with her, physically. Arthur spends all day trying to guess what it is by narrowing down parts of her body. Finally, they're sitting on a couch, and Arthur has established, through process of elimination, that whatever is wrong with her has to do with her feet. So he decides to take a look:

"Then she gave him her right foot. He stroked it, ran his fingers around her ankle, under her toes, along her instep, could find nothing wrong with it."

The tease-y part of this is that this little search doesn't tickle her. The detail is enough to get one excited, but then there's no tickling... Such a tease!

(Oh, and for those who're wondering, the thing that was wrong with her feet is that they don't touch the ground.)

In a book called "Battlestar Galactica: Destiny" there is a scene in which Starbuck and Cassiopeia are enjoying a moment together and there is a fairly extensive scene with him tickling her.

How could I forget Xanth? Tickle-r bushes, rib tickling fights that preceed stork-calling, mermaids tickling people to prove that they can breathe underwater--Piers Anthony is definitely one of Us! :D

~K

Would be cool to have a list of where to find tickling in his books.

I had a book when I was a kid that was a collection of short stories by the guy who writes the Goosebumps books. Whats his name?

R.L Stine!

I think it was called Gizmo or something similar? Anyway one of the short stories was completely based on tickling. It involved a little ghost or a genie in a bottle that tickled the kid at the most inconvenient times. It was quite a good read and always gave me that butterfly feeling in my tummy when I got to the descriptive parts. Good fun, but involves a minor.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

4/18/2024
Need to report a post? Click the report button to its lower left!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back