• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

David Bowie dead at 69

I wrote this eulogy for David Bowie on facebook. I see know reason why I shouldn't share it here too:

I'm not generally one to care about famous people, let alone get very emotional. Which is why I feel the need to talk about it when a death like this succeeds in actually making me cry.
What shocked me the most about David Bowie's death was that earlier tonight I was alone and daydreaming. I daydreamed about meeting David Bowie and having Bowie related adventures completely out of the blue. Later tonight I saw my feed and noticed that the time everyone started making posts was the same moment that I was having said fantasies. I know in my head that this is some strange cosmic coincidence but my heart likes to think that that was David Bowie saying goodbye to the world and to me in that moment.
I never knew David Bowie. I never met the guy but I never had to. His music, his films, and his art touched so many different people across so many different cultural and sub-cultural thresholds that it is absolutely ludicrous. I have far too many favorite Bowie tracks to list here (Heroes, Station to Station, Space Oddity, Modern Love, and that's just the tip). But whenever I was feeling sad or depressed, or downtrodden, and even during times when I had to make overwhelming decisions I would catch myself playing or even just singing out loud this particular song to myself. Tonight you can bet that I played this and started singing along and that's when tears came out and I couldn't even mouth the words anymore.
And it's moments like those that made me want to be an artist and eventually an educator so that one day possibly someone I don't know says something along the lines of what I'm about to say. "Thank you for helping me David Bowie. You never knew me but you still helped me with the pain. Rest in peace now. I'll help you with the pain. Give me you're hands 'cause you're not alone."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jg4ekLG9Zo

I wrote this eulogy for David Bowie on facebook. I see know reason why I shouldn't share it here too:

I'm not generally one to care about famous people, let alone get very emotional. Which is why I feel the need to talk about it when a death like this succeeds in actually making me cry.
What shocked me the most about David Bowie's death was that earlier tonight I was alone and daydreaming. I daydreamed about meeting David Bowie and having Bowie related adventures completely out of the blue. Later tonight I saw my feed and noticed that the time everyone started making posts was the same moment that I was having said fantasies. I know in my head that this is some strange cosmic coincidence but my heart likes to think that that was David Bowie saying goodbye to the world and to me in that moment.
I never knew David Bowie. I never met the guy but I never had to. His music, his films, and his art touched so many different people across so many different cultural and sub-cultural thresholds that it is absolutely ludicrous. I have far too many favorite Bowie tracks to list here (Heroes, Station to Station, Space Oddity, Modern Love, and that's just the tip). But whenever I was feeling sad or depressed, or downtrodden, and even during times when I had to make overwhelming decisions I would catch myself playing or even just singing out loud this particular song to myself. Tonight you can bet that I played this and started singing along and that's when tears came out and I couldn't even mouth the words anymore.
And it's moments like those that made me want to be an artist and eventually an educator so that one day possibly someone I don't know says something along the lines of what I'm about to say. "Thank you for helping me David Bowie. You never knew me but you still helped me with the pain. Rest in peace now. I'll help you with the pain. Give me you're hands 'cause you're not alone."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jg4ekLG9Zo

Great eulogy for the great man.

I have to say, this really shocked me. Ever since watching the movie "Labyrinth", I've had a special place for David Bowie. His death is like having something from my childhood shattered. RIP, David.

You beat me to it by 2 minutes...that's fine. Bowie is being remembered on XM Classic Vinyl today.

Tumblr was blowing up my friend, still is, everyone is shocked and saddened. 2 minutes doesn't matter, apparently we were both thinking the same thing at roughly the same time.

I'm sure nobody will mind me duplicating my post from the other Bowie thread here as well:

This really was a gut-wrenchingly sad start to the day - millions of fans will of course be feeling gutted, but thoughts are obviously with those closest to him.

The term 'legend' is used so often and famous icons from all genres pass away on a regular basis, but David Bowie really was something else, with potentially so much more still to offer - his latest material has certainly intrigued me from the first listen.

I only wish I'd discovered more about him and his music when I was younger, perhaps then I'd have had the chance to see him live - my first experience of him was in the film Labyrinth, but it wasn't until I caught his mesmerising performance at Glastonbury 2000 that I really stood up and noticed - the next video I came across was a live performance of 'Starman' and that wonderful chemistry with Mick Ronson was on show.
I've gradually familiarised myself with him over the years and he's become something of a hero of mine, so this news had touched me more-so than similar news usually would.
I'm sure I've still only tapped away at the surface of this fascinating character's history - his music, fashion, painting, acting (stage and screen), technology, charity involvement, his interpretation of life's peculiarities, such as sexuality and stardom, and also his contribution to the material of other musicians (Lou Reed, Mott the Hoople...).

Such a majestic and creative genius.

I urge anyone who is less familiar with Bowie to seek out performances, interviews and music, old and new, that you have not heard or seen before and indulge in his chameleonic wall of sound and masterful stagecraft. I certainly shall. A complete one-off!

My fave tracks are probably:

Drive In Saturday
Heroes
Let's Dance
Starman
Absolute Beginners
This is Not America
Five Years
Modern Love
Sound and Vision
Lady Stardust
As the World Falls Down/Within You/Underground (all from Labyrinth)
Where are we Now?
Rebel Rebel
Bombers
Ziggy Stardust

His music was a major part of the soundtrack to my young-adult years.

Thank God that there are such things as records,CDs and movies. David Bowie may not be here in person anymore, but he'll always be with us just the same.

What's New

4/26/2024
Visit Dorr 44 for clips! Details in the D44 box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back