• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

David Bowie RIP

SamuelKhan

4th Level Blue Feather
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/david-bowie-dead-legendary-artist-854364

david_bowie_-_h_-_2003.jpg

The singer-songwriter and producer dabbled in glam rock, art rock, soul, hard rock, dance pop, punk and electronica during his eclectic 40-plus-year career.

David Bowie has died after a battle with cancer, his rep confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter. He was 69.

"David Bowie died peacefully today surrounded by his family after a courageous 18 month battle with cancer. While many of you will share in this loss, we ask that you respect the family’s privacy during their time of grief," read a statement posted on the artist's official social media accounts.

The influential singer-songwriter and producer dabbled in glam rock, art rock, soul, hard rock, dance pop, punk and electronica during his eclectic 40-plus-year career. He just released his 25th album, Blackstar, Jan. 8, which was his birthday.

Bowie’s artistic breakthrough came with 1972’s The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars, an album that fostered the notion of rock star as space alien. Fusing British mod with Japanese kabuki styles and rock with theater, Bowie created the flamboyant, androgynous alter ego Ziggy Stardust.

Though I'm past one hundred thousand miles
I'm feeling very still
And I think my spaceship knows which way to go
Tell my wife I love her very much she knows
Ground Control to Major Tom
Your circuit's dead, there's something wrong
Can you hear me, Major Tom?
Can you "Here am I floating round my tin can
Far above the Moon
Planet Earth is blue
And there's nothing I can do."

I just awakened and heard this terrible news.

A wonderful talent has been silenced far too soon.

R..I. P, Mr Bowie.

This was a ton of bricks dropped out of nowhere. My fave solo artist of all time and a true artist in every sense of the word. Just heard a few of his new cuts the other night..his best in years too. May he rest in peace and his music live for generations to come.

First Lemmy now Bowie! :-(

We won't have any music legends left at this rate....

May they rest in peace

This really was a gut-wrenchingly sad start to the day - millions of fans will of course be feeling gutted, but thoughts are obviously with those closest to him.

The term 'legend' is used so often and famous icons from all genres pass away on a regular basis, but David Bowie really was something else, with potentially so much more still to offer - his latest material has certainly intrigued me from the first listen.

I only wish I'd discovered more about him and his music when I was younger, perhaps then I'd have had the chance to see him live - my first experience of him was in the film Labyrinth, but it wasn't until I caught his mesmerising performance at Glastonbury 2000 that I really stood up and noticed - the next video I came across was a live performance of 'Starman' and that wonderful chemistry with Mick Ronson was on show.
I've gradually familiarised myself with him over the years and he's become something of a hero of mine, so this news had touched me more-so than similar news usually would.
I'm sure I've still only tapped away at the surface of this fascinating character's history - his music, fashion, painting, acting (stage and screen), technology, charity involvement, his interpretation of life's peculiarities, such as sexuality and stardom, and also his contribution to the material of other musicians (Lou Reed, Mott the Hoople...).

Such a majestic and creative genius.

I urge anyone who is less familiar with Bowie to seek out performances, interviews and music, old and new, that you have not heard or seen before and indulge in his chameleonic wall of sound and masterful stagecraft. I certainly shall. A complete one-off!

My fave tracks are probably:

Drive In Saturday
Heroes
Let's Dance
Starman
Absolute Beginners
This is Not America
Five Years
Modern Love
Sound and Vision
Lady Stardust
As the World Falls Down/Within You/Underground (all from Labyrinth)
Where are we Now?
Rebel Rebel
Bombers
Ziggy Stardust

Last edited:
This really hurts. But he I hope is in a place where his self expression knows no bounds. <3

Another of the old greats gone. RIP Ziggy.

Seems like only yesterday that I was hearing Space Oddity for the very first time on the local college FM station, back before a lot of folks here were born.

News of his death was like when Lennon got shot.

On a cheerier note, here's a fascinating BBC mini-documentary: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03g18sx

I did hear about this a while back and it's very sad news. Cancer is such an evil disease :sadcry:. He will be missed very much. R.I.P David Bowie.

What's New

4/25/2024
Visit Tickle Experiement for clips! Details in the TE box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back