• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Who Hunts Monsters [MV]

i made a deviantart page .-. if you have an account feel free to watch me!

http://brewed-war.deviantart.com/

it's going to be a pretty long time before Chapter 2 is ready, i'm doing a lot of experimenting and trying to keep things nice and fresh. my plan is to use my deviantart page to post developer notes, general musings, teaser screenshots, polls, open discussion all around to try to help with the development of the game.

also T_T my artist from before fell through, it's not her fault she got a new job and now she's too busy. so i'm currently propositioning another artist to possibly do profile images for Angela, Ren, and Kusuri to use in game and to use as reference for future scene commissions and such.

so yeah, watch me if you'd like, i don't want to flood this thread with just me posting random stuff rather than updates.

Its awesome to hear about Chapter 2 coming. Its saddening to hear about the artist though. I know an artist that might be interested; I'll give you a message later when I find their contact information.

Oh, the update with adding melee animations was great. I spent a sleepless night doing the new Faerie area and stopped at the final boss. I look forward to it. The game overall is really well designed. I like the bread crumbs and hints you've used to lead us around. Like the hide and seek quest to learn the forest. The different classes is great. The combat system is fun. Aside from the unusual instances of "The right side of the moss covered rock," I've loved it. Thank you so much for making this.

If I restart the game, will the Shiny head piece not have the weird glitch where I cannot attack? Cause I've tried every strategy imaginable and I cannot even kill one of those little shits. Lmao So I may restart but only if I can use the circlet again

it should .-. there's no reason why the shiny circlet should have the issue it has, it has to have been something to do with a new plugin i've added...but there's really no reason for it to be broken.

---

Update!

hi all .-. i've been hard at work fixin up chapter 2, but it's still a very long way off. i wanted to update y'all with some new info, if'n you aren't keepin up with me else where.

Jack of All Trades Update:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXzRrCaXB1s

so i'm going back through and reworking some of the classes a bit. the rogue i feel is next to perfect after the balancing i did with titania, which made me consider going back and adjusting the other three.

the biggest update is probably the Jack, whom i've reworked quite a bit. i've cemented "Double Strike" as the core ability to the Jack when fighting physical vulnerable abilities, with your kit built around supplementing that.

in addition, Luck now plays a big role for Jacks. Your Luck is a % chance on every ability use, to do bonus damage equal to 20% of your Luck value.

New abilities include: Ethereal Blade (gain magic damage on every hit equal to 50% of a Mystic Missile basically), and Blade Surge (a priority attack that deals bonus damage for every stack of Rolling Stone you have).

Soul Prison Update:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVRi7FAUw3k

i've reworked the guild log to now include your soul prisons! no more hunting through a hundred million key items. instead you just open you guild log and boom! you have your job list at the top, then all of your unlocked soul eggs after ^_^ it looks much nicer and i'm very happy with the result.

Bacardi Playable:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lsuT-TJ2DY

Angie will run into a side quest in Chapter 2 that is mandatory for finishing the chapter. while on that quest...things go awry and someone needs to come to her aid. who better than everyone's favorite spazz, Bacardi??

Bacardi was designed from the ground up to fit his fast-paced, gotta-go frantic personality. he's a vicious attacker, who can buff the team, and who heals by hurting people.

AND YES: while you're playing as Bacardi ALL of the game over scenes you can encounter are redesigned JUSt for him. they won't just be copy-pasta'd from Angie, they'll be unique to his personality.

AND YES: when he teams up with Angie, if the two of them lose, you get a pretty awesome game over scene with both of them!!

NO: he won't get his own reward scenes .-. sorry

Captain Morrigan Playable:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji66_liMoVE

eventually, in Chapter 2, Angie is going to run into a bit of trouble again. But poor Bacardi is too tuckered out from helping her earlier >_<

who better to come to her aid then Captain Morrigan herself??

That's right, our first Support class character! Captain Morrigan is a Paladin, and her kit revolves around buffing her team, protecting them, and when needed unleashing a good old can of Judgment on her foes.

YES: she'll be included in any Game Overs that she and Angie run into while working together.

Also featured in this video is a new plugin i started using that makes enemies have a "Breathing" animation. idk it just looks cool and makes the sprites feel more alive. one cool feature is their breathing slows down as they take more damage!

that's all the updates i have for now .-. i'm hard at work trying to get all the database related issues taken care of before i start designing the maps.

chapter 2 is a ways off, but i want to keep everyone involved and up to date on my progress. one so you know i'm working hehehe, and two so you can get excited and keep this fire under my butt lit >_<

thanks everyone! i hope you enjoy the videos and are as excited for this chapter as I am .-.

Ohhhh I cannot wait to see Captain Morgi get herself into some ticklish situations. I liked her a lot! Very exciting stuff!

new menu.png

small update, but here's the new main menu, now you don't have to go searching for the new Guild Log or for your Return Charm ^^

How very exciting to see the addition of other characters to the game, especially Bacardi! I honestly am super excited to see that stuff, especially if the monsters get his ticklish nipples really good! &#55357;&#56840;

I haven't had a chance to play through the most recent update, hoping to get a chance this weekend. One thing I might suggest that had been placed in other games is the automatic kill switch, basically a surrender, if you are looking to see the game over scene for a new foe. Not a big deal, just a thought.

I'm really glad to see the game continuing though! I am sincerely hoping this game breaks the curse of the unfinished RPG!

i know this isn't what everyone wants to see, but i've got an impossible amount of ideas for expanding the universe to this game, and even though i'm not a good writer, i decided to try starting a prequel story that will go into the history of the most important character we've never seen in Who Hunts Monsters.

http://brewed-war.deviantart.com/art/Who-Hunts-Monsters-The-Hero-Prologue-610492370

if you have any interest at all, feel free to read this, however, i will warn you, it has some spoilers, and it takes place 16 years BEFORE who hunts monsters. this means the Monsters have not become Monster Girls and are not tickle obsessed yet.

there will, however, be some tickling later on when a very, very, very important character appears. so...that's what i wanted to say .-. i hope anyone who is interested will read it and let me know what you think.

edit: for anyone curious, this story will not feature Angela at all (since she's only 5 years old at the time <_<) but will go into Bacardi (also 5 years old) and Captain Morrigan's (14 years old) backstories quite a bit. Only bit here and there for Bacardi, but it's very important to his character arc, and a TON of content for Captain Morrigan.

You're far from a poor writer and I very much enjoyed the read! I look forward to more backstory for this game I've come to love. :)

T_T sorry about the lack of updates. Chapter 2 is really really big and i have a toooooooooooooooon of updates coming with the new chapter. today, for example, i completely re-did the intro, new pictures! i hope you'll all enjoy it when i am finally able to get it in a workable state.

hi fam, sorry about the lack of updates here. i mostly keep my update posts to my deviantart. i am very, very close to having chapter 2 finished. this chapter kind of got away from me and ended up much bigger than i ever expected. i have one more fight to design, 3 punishments to write, and 1/2 more game overs to do (depending on my mood). there is a LOT of tickling in this chapter. about as much as the Prologue and Chapter 1 put together.

i've also done some massive reworking on several classes, the biggest being the Warrior, who is now completely rebuilt from the ground up. on top of things that you'll see on the surface, there are a lot of hidden things i'm putting in this chapter as well. i hope you'll all enjoy it once i finally get it all put together!

I never post on this site but I wanted to express some appreciation this project after I'd downloaded it by recommendation of someone's apparent over-eagerness in an 8chan /tk/ thread. Well it certainly paid off, I had made myself giving up finding anything like Tower of Gargalesis to be playable long ago with this I've found something that is at it's core largely better I feel. I mean there are different merits between each of course (I just couldn't deal with ToG's gameplay) but I really enjoy the humor and just fun atmosphere you put into this (some sort of overly serious plot looming maybe but hey I'll just see where that goes before denouncing it).

So far the bat monster girl may have been my favorite you've done with the narrative but the kitsune of course was meant to have it's own special impact. -but that reminds me of why I came here as of posting this, I got confused when trying to see why I couldn't seem to make anything new happen in the game and while I was aware the game wasn't complete I came to investigate. I see now, going through later pages of the thread, that you had provided a link to a later version (which is pretty swell news to see along with skimming what you say to include further on). In the thread's first post though the one I downloaded is referred to as the "latest release" and I don't know whether you intended to update that link there or not (I imagine there's been some anticipation before this thread, you'd have deserved it).

Anyway, forgiving my wordiness here, I'll now be eagerly looking forward to any updates over at DeviantArt. Good luck in making this the best game you can and again thank you for what you've done and will do, been a good day I tell you.

Indiexpo Link - http://www.indiexpo.net/en/games/who-hunts-monsters

This link includes downloads for PC and Mac. You can also play it online on the window itself!

Chapter 2 - V1.4 Release

So I'm pulling the trigger and releasing the next update! I have personally tested the game, and it works from beginning to end. However, there is a possibility that I have missed a few things here and there.

YOU WILL HAVE TO START A NEW GAME

- I tried to avoid this as much as possible, but while the game is in production, this may occur at times. Trust me, it was worth it for the updates I have made.

What's New?

Chapter 2 - Engaging in Jolly Co-Operation!

Features:

- 6 New Monster Girls

- An extremely long main story quest with multiple paths to solve some of the situations

- Level Cap increased to 7

- A revamped Jack class

- A completely remade Warrior class

- 9 New Game Overs

- 6 New Punishments

- A revamped Soul Egg system. Now, you'll automatically get a Soul Egg the first time you beat a Monster Girl. You cannot get duplicates.

- 9 new tickling scenes that will take place during the chapter proper

- 5 New Sidequests

- 3 Hidden Sidequests

- A new mobile control scheme that can be enabled on start up

- Two new, temporarily, playable characters: Bacardi and Captain Morrigan

- A new menu system: The Guild Log, Soul Collection, and Return Charm have been added to the main menu

- An updated Guild Log that will be easier to read

- Minor changes to the hud

- A new title screen

Let me know if you encounter any bugs or problems. There is one known mistake: Morrigan's "Healing Light" spell says it can revive allies. At this time, it cannot. I was trying to make it work and when I was deploying the files, I had forgotten to take away that text >_< sorry

Regarding the hidden sidequests: currently out of everyone who has played, only one person has found one of them .-. i'm interested in seeing if anyone can find the other two.

Preferably, reach out to me on my Devianart: brewed-war.deviantart.com

Enjoy!!

Ahh, I'm at a loss! I rescued everyone but after that, I'm not sure where to go. I have to face the Twins but I don't know where they could be. I feel I've explored thoroughly. D:

I am currently stuck at fighting Jinko. When I reduce her health down to about half, she starts using dirty tricks. How do I defeat her? Can someone help?

Ahh, I'm at a loss! I rescued everyone but after that, I'm not sure where to go. I have to face the Twins but I don't know where they could be. I feel I've explored thoroughly. D:

you'll want to go back to the first cave where you found Gin. all of the hunters will be there, talk to brandy and she'll set you on your way.

I am currently stuck at fighting Jinko. When I reduce her health down to about half, she starts using dirty tricks. How do I defeat her? Can someone help?

she's a toughy, and surviving Rupture is probably the hardest part of the fight. Just play defensive for 2 turns, then as soon as Rupture becomes Lvl 3 Bleed, heal Angie and Miller. Keep in mind, if you have an oil flask, you can splash Jinko, and Miller can ignite her to burn her for more damage.

I lost the first time but second time around, I got her to half health with 12+ TP on Miller and mostly full health on both of them. She does her Rupture, and then it's just a damage race from there.

you'll want to go back to the first cave where you found Gin. all of the hunters will be there, talk to brandy and she'll set you on your way.

Maybe I missed something? She just says "I'm counting on you Gorgeous." I do a heart emote and nothing else. ;_; Ahh this is what I get for playing late at night...

I lost the first time but second time around, I got her to half health with 12+ TP on Miller and mostly full health on both of them. She does her Rupture, and then it's just a damage race from there.

Maybe I missed something? She just says "I'm counting on you Gorgeous." I do a heart emote and nothing else. ;_; Ahh this is what I get for playing late at night...

Did you talk to Gin to get the Makeshift Key? It goes to the only cave you haven't entered yet .-. (just north from that cave, above the Orc at the fire pit)

Did you talk to Gin to get the Makeshift Key? It goes to the only cave you haven't entered yet .-. (just north from that cave, above the Orc at the fire pit)

Well don't I feel stupid... XD

Also, not sure if its intended or not, but Charge as a warrior can never kill a mob. It only reduces them to one HP.

Who Hunts Monsters

Chapter 2
Patch 1.4a

To Download: If you're on Mac, please redownload the main file. If you are on Windows, download the smaller "Patch" folder and replace the Data folder in your WWW directory.

- Fixed the Amazon fights when brute-force saving Brandy

- Fixed bugs that caused 'Melio is Missing' and 'Half-Baked Idea' to interfere with each other

- Removed the 'Can Revive Allies' text from Morrigan's Healing Light

- Fixed the Orc in Cider's cave so she shouldn't get stuck when you scare her.

- Fixed a bug that causes the screen to stay dark when leaving the Hidden Tunnel (well, it should, rather)

- Nerfed the damage amplification on "Rupture" to only lower your Defense by 20% instead of 50%

Got an error in the Jinko fight that crashed the game. I downloaded the windows version.

"TypeError
Cannot read property 'removeCurrentAction' from null."

If I get it again I'll try to remember what exactly prompted it, but I forget what effects were in play when it happened.

Got an error in the Jinko fight that crashed the game. I downloaded the windows version.

"TypeError
Cannot read property 'removeCurrentAction' from null."

If I get it again I'll try to remember what exactly prompted it, but I forget what effects were in play when it happened.

Someone has mentioned this to me before but I've never been able to recreate it. If you can, I need the exact steps to be able to fix it.

Patch 1.4b

- Fixed tree placement with drug-addled Orc that could block the path permanently

- Upgraded game to RPG Maker MV V1.3

- New Splash Screen

What's New

4/24/2024
If you need to report a post, click the 'report' button to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back