• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Anyone here forage for mushrooms, other nature goods?

shippyshippy

TMF Master
Hey, gang.

Here in Nebraska it is peak morel mushroom hunting season. Given their short growth window, people (myself included) love hunting these fine morsels.

With that in mind, does anyone else here hit the great outdoors to find wild food?

I will try to post photos of my (hopeful) haul tomorrow. I'm hungry!

Funnily enough, I currently have being growing some wild mushrooms, entirely by accident - I don't know what they are, but they have sprouted from the remains of my Canna Lily, which is just starting to recover from the time I accidentally watered it with Lemonade....

I don't usually forage for mushrooms, through I do enjoy finding them and comparing them to others and working out what they are, how dangerous they are etc.

^ Haha, nice! I forgot to update this thread. I haven't hit the woods nearly as much as I should have this season, but still have a nice stash of morels to fry up soon. I'll post some pics.

Teamtickleguy, have you ever eaten a morel?

Hell yeah, nice! I'll be reading that ASAP.

What do you like to grow? I have tons of connections who hook me up with any veggie under the sun, literally, so I usually focus on growing extremely-hot peppers. I just tilled and top soil'd my raised garden bed. I will be hitting up my local hydroponic shop to get some starter plants this week. Definitely looking at a couple scorpion and ghost varieties.

^

Teamtickleguy, have you ever eaten a morel?

Hiyah, yes I have (although I had to google 'morel' to check) - very, very nice taste, quite juicy and an almost meaty texture, not to mention the fact they look more like something you'd find under the sea and certainly an interesting talking point to serve up on a plate!

You can buy packs of wild mushrooms here in UK occasionally at the main supermarkets - usually including morels, chanterelles and girolles I think.

What part of Wisconsin are you in? It's my favorite state! I need to make a Madison-area trip happen soon!

I promised a mushroom photo, so here it is! These were found during the early season near the Missouri River bottoms in Pottawattamie County in Iowa this April.

OrBCpqc.jpg

I promised a mushroom photo, so here it is! These were found during the early season near the Missouri River bottoms in Pottawattamie County in Iowa this April.

Good photo - I like how you've placed the mushrooms out on a flat bark/wood surface - looks like you're about to chop them up ready to prepare a meal and then eat them while you're still out in the wild - did you?

Meanwhile I did some foraging last weekend - I went to look at some of our local bluebell woods - lovely views and undulations in the landscape - but also wild garlic.... some of which we picked and used in our salad later on. Trouble is I keep smelling it on my hands whenever I re-use the bag I put the leaves in....!

here is a photo of the mushrooms I seem to be growing at home by mistake, any idea what they are:

Attachments

• IMG_2593.JPG
    IMG_2593.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2594.JPG
    IMG_2594.JPG
    606.2 KB · Views: 0

OrBCpqc.jpg

My lady friend found a bunch of those today! We're having steaks and morels for dinner tomorrow! :hungry:

I didn't not cook them in the wild. The photographer in me just saw what looked like a good spot to compose a shot!

And I'll have to consider a Wisconsin trip next year during morel season! I've heard good things come out of the state! Enjoy the steaks and morels. What kind of cuts are you cooking, if I may ask? I love red meat, lol.

I'll have to check. She brought them over wrapped in butcher paper the other day and I didn't even look to see what kind they were.

What's New

4/18/2024
Need to report a post? Click the report button to its lower left!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back