• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Post music that comes from your city or state

shippyshippy

TMF Master
Being from Omaha, I am lucky to have some pretty great music made locally. In this thread, I would like to expose you to music from my area, and hopefully you will do the same. I just learned how to embed YouTube videos, so why the hell not?

Anyway, here's a video from one of Omaha's best current bands, Icky Blossoms. They're an electropop trio that puts out great psychedelic, dance-y tunes. Their live shows are fucking awesome.

Another comparable act, though "lighter" in sound, is the now-defunct Tilly and the Wall. Icky Blossoms was founded by one of the members and other members also collaborate.

Now you go! I want to hear the music of your people.

There's actually been a lot of relatively big named bands to come from where I live through the last decade or two. Neil young, BTO, harlequin, crash test dummies, the guess who, bif naked.. It's been a little while since anything really sprung up locally lately though. But one of the least remembered/recognized is probably "the pumps/orphan". Forced to change band names after a single album made things awkward. If you don't mind older rock, their stuff is still some of the best I've heard.

https://youtu.be/s6sNsgu1Ysk

Last edited:
^ Hell yeah! That track had a little bit of a KISS vibe. I listen to all types of music, thanks for the contribution!

Here's one you might enjoy, shad0w. It's a little more prog, but still has that "older" rock vibe. I actually took guitar lessons from Mark Zavon (guy on the right) way back when!

Glad you like it. I actually met chris Burke-gaffney (lead) a few times while I was still working at a local radio station. Good guy. That is pretty decent stuff you got there too.

Representing New Yawk City
The Velvet Underground: Cool It Down

Boogie Down Productions: South Bronx

(great thread, Shippy!

Velvet WHO? ;) You won't have any problems contributing to this thread!

Let me bridge Omaha and NYC for a moment. In 2005, Conor Oberst and Bright Eyes were well on their way to fame and the double release of "I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning" and "Digital Ash in a Digital Urn" made it happen. Thats when Oberst was more of a New York guy, but thankfully we didn't lose him! Bright Eyes will always have a huge spot in my heart. You don't get into that kind of music at 15 and not get torn up inside when you listen, lol!

Dude! I'm 30, so the Dookie album was a big part of my growing up in the 90s. I hope you keep it up in this thread, as your state has some fine musical specimens to present. Anyway, not to be anal, but here is an embed of "Basket Case" by Green Day.

And to keep things up on the Omaha side of things, here's another fine tune from Icky Blossoms. This song represents more of their live show energy than the first track I posted.

Here's another Omaha treasure, The Faint. Want to get sexy and/or sad and dance? Ship it!

American Bandstand was started in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

Featuring Cortland, NY's own Ronnie James Dio, with the caveat that this like much of his recorded work was not actually produced here, Cortland not exactly being a hotbed of the music scene nor of anything else (except maybe meth production and heroin abuse):

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/bkysjcs5vFU"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/bkysjcs5vFU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>​

The Pennsylvania Polka is an old standard here in Pennsylvania.

The Pennsylvania Polka is an old standard here in Pennsylvania.

Who could forget this classic paired with "Groundhog Day?"

And from New Hope is one of my favorite bands, Ween. Here's "Beacon Light."

And don't forget about Dr. Dog (from West Grove)! Here's "Mirror, Mirror."

paracarl, you have some great tunes coming from your state!

Anyway, back to Omaha. You can't talk about the indie rock scene in the late 90s/early-2000s Omaha without mentioning Cursive. Here's a great track from the highly-acclaimed The Ugly Organ album. "The Recluse."

Here's a Nebraska 90s flashback with "Girlfriend" by Matthew Sweet of Lincoln. The album wasn't recorded in the state, I'm pretty sure, but he's a Nebraska man!

The Mynabirds haven't been playing a ton lately. Pretty sure the frontwoman lives in LA now. Anyway, here's a song, "Generals," that got them some pretty decent play when it came out a few years ago:

Big news out of Omaha with The Faint dropping a new track and announcing a US tour in the fall. The new song is titled "Young and Realistic."

I didn't realize you could post more than once!

Here's The Darelyks, representing the STATE of New York (my last post was the CITY, see....;) This is one of the earliest acid songs that I know of. "It was a bad trip...!!" Great nugget!

The Darelyks: Bad Trip

And keeping it psychedelic PLUS sending it back to Omaha....

Moby Grape: Omaha

Here's The Darelyks, representing the STATE of New York (my last post was the CITY, see....;)

"The Darelyks (Syracuse, NY)"; cool, not being a child of the '60s I'd never heard of them, so I turned to Google and got the conflicting information that they were from Fairport, a Rochester suburb. Either way, it's good--Upstate represents! (And I understand some "gooey" group from Buffalo made it big too.)

And sorry for not including in my mention of Ronnie James Dio and his eponymous band the fact that my Upstate burg actually did him the singular honor--in about the most Cortland way possible--of renaming a street after one of its most famous sons: a 287-foot long thoroughfare bounded on the east by exactly zero properties and on the west by one entire side of a factory, among the few still in operation here and renowned for producing a lot of those little bottles of shampoo you find in hotel rooms. Enjoy this travelogue, shot on a day when the weather was relatively nice here:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tGbIpTzWxt4"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tGbIpTzWxt4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>​

What's New

4/23/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome Forum and take a moment to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back