• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Post music that comes from your city or state

"The Darelyks (Syracuse, NY)"; cool, not being a child of the '60s I'd never heard of them, so I turned to Google and got the conflicting information that they were from Fairport, a Rochester suburb. Either way, it's good--Upstate represents! (And I understand some "gooey" group from Buffalo made it big too.)

And sorry for not including in my mention of Ronnie James Dio and his eponymous band the fact that my Upstate burg actually did him the singular honor--in about the most Cortland way possible--of renaming a street after one of its most famous sons: a 287-foot long thoroughfare bounded on the east by exactly zero properties and on the west by one entire side of a factory, among the few still in operation here and renowned for producing a lot of those little bottles of shampoo you find in hotel rooms. Enjoy this travelogue, shot on a day when the weather was relatively nice here:

Dio Way! Ha! It's beautiful! Man, I wish I was there right now, actually!!!

Hey, I'm not a child of the 60s (other than being born in '69), but even if I was......the Darelyks are about as obscure as you get,! I just know this track from collecting garage and psych stuff. There's a great compilation called "Psychedelic States", they have two just for New York bands, and tell you which town each band came from, I'll bet you could find some other Cortland obscurities.

Take the A Train
This is a segment from the film "Reveille with Beverly" from 1943; the song was composed in 1939.

Oh hell Shippy, I'm from Texas. How many thousands would you like? :p

Might as well start with The King of Western Swing, Bob Wills & His Texas Playboys.

Now for the acid heads, here's a little band that came out of Houston in the 60s'.

Hope I didn't kill this thread. *looks around*

Marcia Ball hails from Orange, Texas but has made Austin her home for years.

Simon and Garfunkel are literally from the neighborhood I live in in NYC.

They went to the High School that is in my town.

Mitchell, are you in Kew Gardens? Man, you guys have that amazing movie theatre there, and that fantastic pizza place right across the street! Great chinese food in that area also.

Well, I'm in Sunnyside! So, representing Mitchell and me, here's the boys singing a bit about where we live! :)

To get there, take the 59th Street Bridge! :)

Forest Hills,. Actually.

S and G went to Forest Hills High School.

My two favorite S and G songs are Mrs Robinson and Bridge Over Troubled Water

Forest Hills,. Actually.

S and G went to Forest Hills High School.

My two favorite S and G songs are Mrs Robinson and Bridge Over Troubled Water

Oh yeah, that's right, Forest Hills! That's where they went to school....also where they played their last concert in 1970! (before reuniting years later)

Paul Simon, though, is from Kew Gardens.....here's a good article about it, including a great picture of Artie and Paul standing outside the house in 1975 (around the time they recorded "My Little Town").
http://www.qchron.com/qboro/i_have_...cle_b7f40d0a-b80d-596f-8b42-fdee623c8167.html

If ever there was a tortured artist, it was Townes Van Zant. Townes struggled most of his life with bipolar disorder, alcoholism and drug addiction. He never had much commercial success with his music. His only brush with nation wide fame came in 1983, when Willie Nelson and Merle Haggard rode Pancho And Lefty to the top. Van Zant wrote the song in 1972.

Today, almost twenty years after his premature death in 1997 at 52, he is largely forgotten now, a prophet without honor in his own land. There remains a small, almost cultish band of followers.

This first song, Waiting "Round to Die, sums up his life in a nutshell.

You folks are killing it with cool tunes. From the classics to the unknowns, it's all good! As I'm typing this I'm wondering what to post.... Hmmmm..... Okay, how about some Son, Ambulance. This Omaha band has been around since the early 2000s (maybe late 90s), and I just saw them live last week and a friend was part of an impromptu horn section. Here's "Brown Park."

You folks are killing it with cool tunes. From the classics to the unknowns, it's all good! As I'm typing this I'm wondering what to post.... Hmmmm..... Okay, how about some Son, Ambulance. This Omaha band has been around since the early 2000s (maybe late 90s), and I just saw them live last week and a friend was part of an impromptu horn section. Here's "Brown Park."

Yeah, lots of great music here from all the posters. Love that song by the way. That's the kind of music I can get next to. Might have to look into them.

^^^^ That truly makes me smile. They were on the famed Saddle Creek label back in the early 2000s and were just a small part of many amazing artists that helped give Omaha a unique sound. Woo! Yeah!

Son, Ambulance "The Moral of Rosa, Parolee"

This tune came out when I was in high school and it really hit me.

^^^^ That truly makes me smile. They were on the famed Saddle Creek label back in the early 2000s and were just a small part of many amazing artists that helped give Omaha a unique sound. Woo! Yeah!

Son, Ambulance "The Moral of Rosa, Parolee"

This tune came out when I was in high school and it really hit me.

Another nice tune, I like their sound. Not to sidetrack but I grew up right down the road in KC, been to Omaha a few times. Didn't have a lot of time to look around but it seemed like a nice city, very clean and everyone was nice. Can't take those Midwest winters anymore though, that's one reason I'm back in Texas.

I've been out of the local music loop the past few weeks, but I'm getting a sweet, sweet dose this weekend.

Those Far Out Arrows, a new-ish psychedelic garage rock band, is playing with Bugman's favorite Omaha band Son, Ambulance. To me, that's a huge billing! I'm sooooo excited.

What's New

4/26/2024
Visit Dorr 44 for clips! Details in the D44 box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back