• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Saying The Word... Tickling

ticklingj

TMF Expert
I've seen a few threads lately that mention how having the word or subject come up in casual conversation creates so many butterflies for so many people (including me). I've wondered about this inability to talk about tickling and even saying the word.

What if it was easy? Do you think the subject would be as fun and delicious? In a way, it's nice that it's uncommon that you meet someone who "gets it". Maybe a little too uncommon. But still, it's wonderful to meet someone who genuinely appreciates the act of finding that magical spot under the arm or the curve of the arch of a nicely proportioned foot. It's kind of nice that it's not ubiquitous the same way as the love of cleavage or a great ass.

I think the words will always be sexual candy for my ears. But even if I wasn't into this it probably would still be fun to say! (It has though been an issue for me speaking these words out loud-) But-They have such nice syllable flow, girliness, and yet, menace... (would the menace still be there if it was meant for say... apples. I don't know..

I cant say the same things about other words if I add ish... try.. analish... pussyish...or with ler- vagiler...

Boobilee could work though... Sounds like jubilee... but for strip clubs.

Ok...this is the kind of post you get from me with no sleep... LOL

Yes, It's an interesting phenomenon. I have to force myself to say it out loud... ("That tickled me") now I can say it under my breath all I want... ("I wonder if she's ticklish")

Last edited:
This is a good point; one I've never seen made.
Yes, I've avoided the word myself in vanilla environments.

And I've heard other people say, "jumpy" or "sensitive" instead of ticklish, and "poked me" or "jabbed me" instead of tickled me.

I think some people consider the word "tickle" to be juvenile, and they think that an adult should find more sophisticated phraseology. As for me, I've avoided the word myself out of pure embarrassment of admitting having a fetish, and the fewer times I acknowledge it in a vanilla environment, the less likely I'll be thought of as pervy or weird by vanilla types.

"Jumpy" sounds funny :)
You know, in Russian language there is another funny thing. We literally say not "You are ticklish" but "You are afraid of tickling", which also makes the person look more weak. As if she is a coward, who fears to be tickled. So this phrase also makes a ticklish person more embarrassed by having such a childish "fear" :)
Not to mention how funny and silly the word sounds in Russian (even for us) - shek'otka.

Last edited:
"Jumpy" sounds funny :)
You know, in Russian language there is another funny thing. We literally say not "You are ticklish" but "You are afraid of tickling", which also makes the person look more weak. As if she is a coward, who fears to be tickled. So this phrase also makes a ticklish person more embarrassed by having such a childish "fear" :)
Not to mention how funny the word sounds in Russian (even for us) - shek'otka.

Wonderful insight~

I still react to hearing the word "tickling" and the like, similar to my dog when I open a bag of chips.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can't hear it, much less say it, without going Fifty Shades of Red >//< Personally I get almost as much enjoyment out of the embarrassment and anticipation the concept brings as the action itself (my tickling fetish is rooted in my love of humiliation, playful or otherwise) that if it didn't 'bother' me, yes I do think it would take something away.

~K

There is an excellent teaser clip floating around out there from Tickle Central for Christina's Survey Tickle starring Christina Carter where she's speaking to the camera and after introducing herself with, " Hi, my names Christina Carter, do you want to see me get tickled?"

First... Yes!

Second... The clip is brilliantly editing as a back and forth between her speaking with the viewer and scenes from the clip of her being tickled.

She goes on to eventually say, "Tickle... I bet you like just hearing me say that word." I remember so many years ago hearing her say that and having this inner rush of ecstasy! I became so hot and bothered by that statement while thinking to myself, "Oh my gosh yes! She knows me so well! I DO like just hearing you say that word."

Needless to say that short teaser clip has led to many "me-times." I'll never forget it. Such a great use of "the word" that I'm suprised I haven't seen more producers utilize it like that. I definitely bought that clip, but i must admit, I got more from that teaser. ;)

14o34b.gif

Last edited:
If an attractive woman says the word, I get all tingly inside. but if an unattractive woman or man says it, it kind of turns me off. :pukefight:

Totally. I personally have trouble saying it myself. It's a very sexually loaded word for me.

If I hear someone say the word out in public, I get all types of tingly thoughts along with a big smile :)

Christina Carter.... damn... I have to find that clip.

I do wish more videos were interviews. The few that I've seen are great. The girl next door types who just decided to give it a go. Sexy as hell.

I think for me it's because the interest is considered odd by most and I worry that when the subject comes up, I'll inadvertently "out myself"

I actually listed in my Match .com profile that I was ticklish a few months ago. I mean, why not, I am? One guy I met was clearly into tickling, or maybe into feet. Fun guy but we did not have much in common outside of "romance."

When i hear the word, I instantly get nervous. Almost like someone will figure out that I like it and will judge me. Its strange.

I absolutely love the word in English, and use it quite liberally. In fact, it is my favorite English word; I really like the sound of it, along with its variations: tickling, tickle, tickles and the like. I think it really sounds great.

Same goes with Chinese. It does not sound as great as in English, but I don't feel anything special about using it.

In my mother language, namely French, it is completely different though. I like the sound of the word, but I feel somewhat reluctant to use it out of an intimate context. It has a strong sexual vibe that I cannot really describe, pretty much the same thing Vegas.Girl.MJ described above. Makes me blush a little bit, and I get a slight shiver whenever I hear someone using it.

I have no clue why it is so, but it may have something to do with growing up. Subconscious memories of my teenage confusion about sexuality that flood back whenever the word is used, maybe.

That word does a lot to me....makes me more ticklish......makes me cross my legs and definitely makes me blush

I absolutely love the word in English, and use it quite liberally. In fact, it is my favorite English word; I really like the sound of it, along with its variations: tickling, tickle, tickles and the like. I think it really sounds great.

Same goes with Chinese. It does not sound as great as in English, but I don't feel anything special about using it.

In my mother language, namely French, it is completely different though. I like the sound of the word, but I feel somewhat reluctant to use it out of an intimate context. It has a strong sexual vibe that I cannot really describe, pretty much the same thing Vegas.Girl.MJ described above. Makes me blush a little bit, and I get a slight shiver whenever I hear someone using it.

I have no clue why it is so, but it may have something to do with growing up. Subconscious memories of my teenage confusion about sexuality that flood back whenever the word is used, maybe.

Hey Tenebrae, Fascinating, absolutely fascinating. I ha ve always said: I love a word that sounds like what it is. And that word is highly charged.....in English! And I see, in French also! They're beautiful words that feel good to say.

I don't know which derivation I like the most but: "ticklish" may be the most devastating. I actually have a flutter in my chest just WRITING this, so weird.

i too can't bear to hear the word. And I used to hate saying the word, but I've taken ownership of it. Because it's a word that even makes vanilla people squeamish....I feel almost like it gives me power to use it. But it has to be said just right, in the right context, and absolutely not too often. I've grown to love to (occassionally) drop the word in strategically to see a person's reaction. Whenever I DO choose to say the word, I phrase the word as beautifully as I can, as sexy as I can, if that makes sense. Even if its just "a ticklish situation" or "tickle your fancy"....I'll definitely highlight the word, let it linger more than I have to before completing the sentence. Just a game I play with myself, but when I say the word in that context I'm scrutinizing her face (for it's always a her!) for a reaction.

I'm a musician and once in a great while I'll perform a Duke Ellington song called "I Ain't Got Nothing But The Blues" just so I can sing this one lyric.....the lyric is "ain't got no fancy to tickle".....but I usually change it to "ain't got no woman to tickle"....and every time I sing it, I relish singing the word, but then get immediately embarrassed, and I break into a shy slightly mischevious smile that I can't help.....and right before I sing the line I usually make eye contact with a female in the audience, but drop my eyes down before I get to the word.....lol. I definitley "flirt" it up, but I also can't wait to get to the next lyric so that it immediately obscures what just happened!

If a girl happens to mention she's ticklish in the course of a conversation, unprompted, I almost get dizzy, my head starts swimming, my heart starts racing, the whole bit...and I won't be able to concentrate on anything for the rest of the day, maybe even longer.

Tennebrae, thank you so much for shedding light on how it's particularly in English that the word holds such power. And in French too, those words are definitely evocative of what it is.

Last edited:
Hey Tenebrae, Fascinating, absolutely fascinating. I ha ve always said: I love a word that sounds like what it is. And that word is highly charged.....in English! And I see, in French also! They're beautiful words that feel good to say.

I don't know which derivation I like the most but: "ticklish" may be the most devastating. I actually have a flutter in my chest just WRITING this, so weird.

i too can't bear to hear the word. And I used to hate saying the word, but I've taken ownership of it. Because it's a word that even makes vanilla people squeamish....I feel almost like it gives me power to use it. But it has to be said just right, in the right context, and absolutely not too often. I've grown to love to (occassionally) drop the word in strategically to see a person's reaction. Whenever I DO choose to say the word, I phrase the word as beautifully as I can, as sexy as I can, if that makes sense. Even if its just "a ticklish situation" or "tickle your fancy"....I'll definitely highlight the word, let it linger more than I have to before completing the sentence. Just a game I play with myself, but when I say the word in that context I'm scrutinizing her face (for it's always a her!) for a reaction.

I'm a musician and once in a great while I'll perform a Duke Ellington song called "I Ain't Got Nothing But The Blues" just so I can sing this one lyric.....the lyric is "ain't got no fancy to tickle".....but I usually change it to "ain't got no woman to tickle"....and every time I sing it, I relish singing the word, but then get immediately embarrassed, and I break into a shy slightly mischevious smile that I can't help.....and right before I sing the line I usually make eye contact with a female in the audience, but drop my eyes down before I get to the word.....lol. I definitley "flirt" it up, but I also can't wait to get to the next lyric so that it immediately obscures what just happened!

If a girl happens to mention she's ticklish in the course of a conversation, unprompted, I almost get dizzy, my head starts swimming, my heart starts racing, the whole bit...and I won't be able to concentrate on anything for the rest of the day, maybe even longer.

Tennebrae, thank you so much for shedding light on how it's particularly in English that the word holds such power. And in French too, those words are definitely evocative of what it is.

You are welcome. I am gonna reply off topic for a second, because there are two things here that I absolutely can't help mentioning.

First you have got an excellent taste in music. It has been a long time people did not bring up Duke Ellington. BTW, I'll never thank America enough for its great contribution to music. Jazz, blues, rock, R&B (the original thing, not the recent crap)... you guys really have turned the 20th century upside down. And I like the scene you are describing; you must be a total girl magnet ^^ This is one stereotype about America that I really love: the lone jazz singer at the bar. Really romantic!

Second, I love the quote you put in your signature. Made me research the original post. So it is YOU! ^^

Back to topic, it is really amazing the power words have over us. I guess I am being captain obvious here, but really it never ceases to amaze me. This is why we keep writing and reading stories, no matter how low our culture will sink...

You are welcome. I am gonna reply off topic for a second, because there are two things here that I absolutely can't help mentioning.

First you have got an excellent taste in music. It has been a long time people did not bring up Duke Ellington. BTW, I'll never thank America enough for its great contribution to music. Jazz, blues, rock, R&B (the original thing, not the recent crap)... you guys really have turned the 20th century upside down.

Tenebrae, couldn't agree with you more, it really was a Rennaisance. And thanks for acknowledging that, great to know we haven't squandered ALL of our goodwill abroad!! :)

And I like the scene you are describing; you must be a total girl magnet!

If I gave that impression, I'd have been misrepresenting myself, my sincere apologies to the Forum!

Second, I love the quote you put in your signature. Made me research the original post. So it is YOU! ^^

It is I! Behold!

This is why we keep writing and reading stories, no matter how low our culture will sink...

Ah, now there's some food for thought on a Sunday morning! I know I'll never stop!

Now, if you don't mind, can we just tease Catwoman for a bit and keep saying "tickle tickle tickle" over and over again? She's blushing already, I can tell! :)

Haha! I was talking to someone about this subject just recently. I think I've even brought it up here at some point. It's pretty amusing. Although it isn't very often, I can "spot" one of us pretty quickly if they're around. I used to avoid that word at all cost, because it IS a powerful word. Well, at least to tickle fetishists. I have a kind of weird obsession with people, and language. One thing I've definitely noticed for a long time is that most people don't shy from saying "tickle" every now and then. To most people tickling is an annoyance that might be fun for a few seconds, or not pleasurable at all. If I'm around someone enough, and I have any suspicions; I'll throw the word out there. For instance, I might say something along the lines of: "Welp, someone just puked on the bathroom floor. That does NOT tickle my fancy." Or, "I'm tickled pink." Once again, most people wouldn't think twice about it. Seriously. However... Sometimes when I employ that word someone will blush, avoid eye-contact, or the most damning response of all; dead silence. The-uh... Dead silence is usually accompanied by blushing, or some other non-verbal confirmation. After all, I'm guilty of doing the same thing. When I hear that word I feel like Pavlov's dog. It takes a conscious effort for me to not smile, or show arousal unfortunately. I've also noticed that like-minded folk will replace the word "tickle" with another word. Different, yet somewhat similar. "Poking, scratching, goosing," etc. Obviously when someone does this it's not automatically indicative of having a "kink," but over time this will raise red flags for me. Especially if I never hear that magical T-word.

Food for thought I suppose. Think of it as a way to passively meet like-minded people I guess. It's really that simple folks. : P

Haha! I was talking to someone about this subject just recently. I think I've even brought it up here at some point. It's pretty amusing. Although it isn't very often, I can "spot" one of us pretty quickly if they're around. I used to avoid that word at all cost, because it IS a powerful word. Well, at least to tickle fetishists. I have a kind of weird obsession with people, and language. One thing I've definitely noticed for a long time is that most people don't shy from saying "tickle" every now and then. To most people tickling is an annoyance that might be fun for a few seconds, or not pleasurable at all. If I'm around someone enough, and I have any suspicions; I'll throw the word out there. For instance, I might say something along the lines of: "Welp, someone just puked on the bathroom floor. That does NOT tickle my fancy." Or, "I'm tickled pink." Once again, most people wouldn't think twice about it. Seriously. However... Sometimes when I employ that word someone will blush, avoid eye-contact, or the most damning response of all; dead silence. The-uh... Dead silence is usually accompanied by blushing, or some other non-verbal confirmation. After all, I'm guilty of doing the same thing. When I hear that word I feel like Pavlov's dog. It takes a conscious effort for me to not smile, or show arousal unfortunately. I've also noticed that like-minded folk will replace the word "tickle" with another word. Different, yet somewhat similar. "Poking, scratching, goosing," etc. Obviously when someone does this it's not automatically indicative of having a "kink," but over time this will raise red flags for me. Especially if I never hear that magical T-word.

Food for thought I suppose. Think of it as a way to passively meet like-minded people I guess. It's really that simple folks. : P

As a psychologist myself I find all this stuff very fascinating too, and you've made some great points-unfortunately many of us can't say the word in order to gauge reaction :D

~K

As a psychologist myself I find all this stuff very fascinating too, and you've made some great points-unfortunately many of us can't say the word in order to gauge reaction :D

~K

Being an ENFP gives me unholy, magical powers.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

4/24/2024
If you need to report a post, click the 'report' button to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back