• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Sounds of the 50s.

Thanks Internet, Bugman!!! :) It took me 20 mins to fix my mistakes earlier lol!!

Hey, even with Jeff's help dummy here had to play around with it for a while. My technical skills could be measured with a micrometer. The old youtube embed code was so much easier, for me at least. Keep on posting, you have great taste in music. :)

The definitive 50's rock film...

514WZN1TBBL.jpg

My favourite song from this decade is probably Tutti Frutti by Little Richard. Sounds wild and raucous even now - must have blown people's minds in 1955! And what a voice! Amazing.

Two greats for the price of one. Satchmo and Oscar Peterson. From 1957.

Last edited:
Two greats for the price of one. Satchmo and Arthur Peterson. From 1957.

Bugman! Don't you mean Oscar Peterson? Just checking!

Hank Ballard & The Midnighters: Get It

The Del Vikings: Come And Go With Me

Last edited:
John Coltrane, 1957.

Ahhhh "Blue Train"! Coltrane's first great album!!!!!

Two years later - like "Revolver" following "Rubber Soul" - he made another giant leap - in fact, it was called...."Giant Steps"!

A perfect album, every song concise, memorable, groundbreaking.....and perfect. Should be in every person's record collection.

And he contributed to the OTHER groundbreaking album that year, Miles' "Kind Of Blue", another essential, perfect album....

Here's one of the classics from that album.....Miles, Trane, Cannonball Adderly, Bill Evans, and Paul Chambers & Jimmy Cobb.....what a lineup!

....but nothing beats watching them do it.....

Amazingly, both artists would progress even further and hit their zeniths in the 1960s.....

Totally stoney 50s ...;)

The Champs: Train To Nowhere

Bobby Freeman: Do You Want To Dance?

This song could be in the "Songs to get high to" thread, or "The Great American Songbook" thread......but it is so utterly early 1950s....it has to go here ;)

Les Paul & Mary Ford: How High The Moon

Howlin' Wolf Smokestack Lightning 1956/live version 1964

Last edited:
A couple of popular instrumental pieces from 1959.

Written by Paul Desmond and performed by The Dave Brubeck Quartet:

Written by Henry Mancicni:

:cool::cool:

Ha, Bator, "Born Too Late", haven't heard this one in years! A great example of the late 50s "clean pop" that came in after the initial rock and roll explosion lost momentum (Elvis went into the army, Little Richard went in to the church, Chuck Berry busted, Jerry Lee Lewis married his 13-year old cousin, etc etc.). This was a big hit in, I think it was 1958? Also one of the earliest girl groups.

This is an obscure but an achingly touching, beautiful one: it's the earliest example of a "girl group", The Miller Sisters in 1953....soft girl group doo-wop....before there was even a name for it.....

The Miller Sisters: I Love You My Own

Girl groups would come into prominence in the early 60s and reigned alongside surf and other great rock and roll subgenres until The Beatles came over and wiped out almost all of what was going on in the music business, literally overnight. Some would say The Beatles saved rock and roll. But from what?

Love that Howlin' Wolf performance. I'm actually a big fan of Captain Beefheart, and I knew that Howlin' Wolf was a big influence on him, but (somewhat shamefully!) I'd never really bothered to give him a proper listen. Watching that video made me chuckle, though. If you close your eyes it could almost be the Captain! I hadn't realized just how blatant his imitation had been! lol Amazing.

Really liked Searchin' by The Coasters, too: don't think I'd listened to the whole track before. But as soon as I saw that it made me think of an interview I'd seen with Paul McCartney where he's talking about how, in the Beatle's early days, they would get requests to play Searchin'. Scouse accent: "Play Searchin', Paul. Play Searchin'. From Chris and Val." lol! (I won't embed the video to that though, as the rest of that clip is kind of a downer).

Screamin' Jay Hawkins- I put a spell on you/ 1956

Love that Howlin' Wolf performance. I'm actually a big fan of Captain Beefheart, and I knew that Howlin' Wolf was a big influence on him, but (somewhat shamefully!) I'd never really bothered to give him a proper listen. Watching that video made me chuckle, though. If you close your eyes it could almost be the Captain! I hadn't realized just how blatant his imitation had been! lol Amazing.

Beef is totally Wolf! And he had some nerve in later years downplaying the influence! He obviously took it to totally new places, but Beef IS Wolf! lol

Beefheart grew up with Zappa, and they used to sit in Beefheart's room and listen to deep R&B cuts, most that are completely forgotten, like this randy one from Excello Records....

Lightnin' Slim: Rooster Blues

or this nugget that The Mothers of Invention eventually ended up covering:

The Four Deuces: WPLJ

A few other names to mention (forgive me if someone else has and I overlooked it): the Everly Brothers, Ricky Nelson, Wanda Jackson, Connie Francis, the Johnny Burnette Trio

A few other names to mention (forgive me if someone else has and I overlooked it): the Everly Brothers, Ricky Nelson, Wanda Jackson, Connie Francis, the Johnny Burnette Trio

All worthy of inclusion here.

Betty Hutton

"Girls, girls, watch out, watch out! There's a two-legged animal running about!"

"He's a demon, he's a devil..."

What's New

4/16/2024
Clips4Sale is the webs largest site to buy fetish clips! Visit today.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back