• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Best Songs of the 80's

Officially, this is the best thread ever.

I'd have a few things to contribute but I don't get how you guys are embedding the links so the YouTube "album cover" shot is showing instead of a link.

^You're doing great! Keep it up!

Last edited:
The Tubes - She's A Beauty Has there ever been an album title as good as The Completion Backward Principle?

The greatest thing about the 80's. Such wonderful music with your melt melting every time you see them. They had so many great songs beyond their three big hits, ironically the ones they had no control over, so you don't get to hear their 60's influenced sound. Well, now you do. So much positive energy. Enjoy!

Same great tune, even better live. Fear not, the video error clears just two seconds into the song. This clip is from the House of Blues in 2006...

To this day I don't really understand what Leonard Nimoy was doing in this video. The Bangles kept the Monkees tradition alive in having the drummer occasional sing lead.

Yes, Doll Revolution was from 2003. I think we can let it slide...

Many Blessings,
MidnightX

Last edited:
Everyone's heard the Bangles play "Eternal Flame" but this is a wonderful arrangement with Susanna Hoffs acoustic and live. Everything regarding any member of the Bangles is better live; they're one of the few groups that is true of.

Many Blessings,
MidnightX

Last edited:
Some of my favorite songs from the 80's are as follows and in not any particular order:
Girls Just Want to Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper
Your Love by the Outfield
The Goonies R Good Enough by Cyndi Lauper
Karma Chameleon by Culture Club
The Warrior by Scandal
The Neverending Story by Limahl
A lot of songs by Michael Jackson
867-5309 Jenny by Tommy Tutone
Don't Talk to Strangers by Rick Springfield
Jessie's Girl by Rick Springfield
Human Touch by Rick Springfield
Gloria by Laura Brannigan

That's all I can think of for now.

Last edited:
I have a some more songs to add in no paticular order.
Eternal Flame by the Bangles
Self Control by Laura Brannigan
Do They Know It's Christmas by Band-Aid
We Are The World by various artists
Manic Monday by the Bangles
I Hate Myself for Loving You by Scandal

Last edited:
My Absolute favourite 80s song is Moonlight Shadow - Mike Oldfield & Maggie Reilly.

I could also list several Bowie songs, but would probably pick Let's Dance or the entire selection from Labyrinth
The Damned - Eloise
Cocteau Twins - Orange Appled
Jesus & The Mary Chain - Just Like Honey
INXS - Don't Change
New Musik - This World of Water
Simple Minds - Don't You Forget About Me
Alison Moyet - Invisible
REM - The One I Love

Within the genre of pure feel-good pop I'd have to give a mention to the Bangles - Manic Monday and Belinda Carlisle - Heaven is a Place on Earth/Leave a Light On.

What's New

4/18/2024
Need to report a post? Click the report button to its lower left!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back