• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Songs to Get Stoned To

I used to like to get stoned, lie in bed in total darkness and listen to this one. What Tim Reynolds can do with an acoustic guitar is mind boggling.

Last edited:
I used to like to get stoned, lie in bed in total darkness and listen to this one. What Tim Reynolds can do with an acoustic guitar is mind boggling.

https://youtu.be/NMsoIFt-Yj4

This my first attempt at embedding a youtube vid, so I hope it works.

Last edited:
Way back in the days of olde, during those long cold winter nights we would put this album on my Pioneer stereo and fire up a doobie or two.

The entire Live at Carnegie Hall album. Stan Getz and Joao Gilberto

Can't believe everybody missed the large pink elephant in the room.

Hey...the night is still young, Bugman! :p But you are correct, fair enough, that is our anthem if there ever was one. Unfortunately you can't get the Dylan originals right now on You Tube, some artists crack down more than others.

This my first attempt at embedding a youtube vid, so I hope it works.

Hey Switch, I'll help you right now. Anyone else who wants to know, hear me now!

Here's your You Tube code, right?

All we want is that last part of the code. This one: NMsoIFt-Yj4.

Then "Reply with quote" on one of the other comments with an embedded video. You'll see the format, it's You Tube in brackets.....and you just substitute your code with their code (and then erase the rest of their comment.) It's html, like when you "Reply with quote" instead of QUOTE, just write youtube and plug your code in between.

Ok, so I'm the young and savage Sensual Switch back in the day, I'm laying in the dark, smoking a joint, ok, I have just smoked.....and now I shall play this Tim Reynolds. here we go:

Nice......great guitar playing, great vibe, singing, beautiful.....awww, I see why you dug it! Hypnotic. Fuck, great guitar solo at the end! WHOAH! DOUBLE WHOAH! We're talking Django! I'll bet this guy is a great 'ler!!!! I mean, that's what he's doing!

Survey says: Stoner Approved! Next case!

Way back in the days of olde, during those long cold winter nights we would put this album on my Pioneer stereo and fire up a doobie or two.

I smoked a doobie with Harry!!! Beatlefest in the 80s! What a warm, nice guy, I love Harry, and I love this song. And I love the Pioneer stereo detail! I remember seeing "The Point" on TV when it came out, like, I must have been 4. My parents woke me up to see it because Ringo narrated it. I had cool parents in that respect, and they most definitely were firing up the doobies!

The entire Live at Carnegie Hall album. Stan Getz and Joao Gilberto

I don't know this album! Playing it now! :) Aw, so cool.....this is so great, too, on a Sunday....man, so well-recorded.....beautiful. Like a cool drink of water! Thanks! I know I have to hear the whole album and everything in context, though, it's a live album so...what I really have to do is smoke up and listen to the album start to finish......will do! I'll give a full report! I may even already have this abum, I'm embarassed to say, and just haven't listened to it yet. (i have alot of albums...lol)

Hey, can I leave a song? Hmmmm. Let's see.... Awwwww, well ok.......how about this one.....some ghosts out of time......

Memphis Jug Band: KC Moan

You got to meet Harry? That's pretty darn cool. Always loved his music. I still have that Pioneer stereo, works as good now as it did over 40 years ago. It's out at my brothers house (I don't have room for it) and he listens to his vinyl now and then.

Hey Switch, I'll help you right now. Anyone else who wants to know, hear me now!

Here's your You Tube code, right?

All we want is that last part of the code. This one: NMsoIFt-Yj4.

Then "Reply with quote" on one of the other comments with an embedded video. You'll see the format, it's You Tube in brackets.....and you just substitute your code with their code (and then erase the rest of their comment.) It's html, like when you "Reply with quote" instead of QUOTE, just write youtube and plug your code in between.

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain that! I might have given up on embedding videos otherwise! I'm going to try embedding a song by Freedom Tribe. I couldn't find the one I was looking for on YouTube, but this one is still a pretty good song to get stoned to IMO.

You got to meet Harry? That's pretty darn cool. Always loved his music. I still have that Pioneer stereo, works as good now as it did over 40 years ago. It's out at my brothers house (I don't have room for it) and he listens to his vinyl now and then.

I did get to meet Harry! I mean, i was like 14, lol. It was in a hotel room party, late at night at a Beatlefan convention. I didn't even smoke at the time, I just put it in my mouth when it was passed to me. He didn't stay long. Looking back, he was probably weirded out I was there (everyone else was in the early 20s). But maybe not, back then was a bit different. Anyways, I was such a fan, I could barely talk, but I was in the room with the man, and a joint passed from his lips to mine so.......you can say I kissed Harry Nilsson, lol!

A supremely stoney offering from Neil Young, one of his earliest....a good end-of-acid-trip song, lol......

Buffalo Springfield: Expecting To Fly

Cool. I like the last one the best.

Hey, let me show you how to embed.

Let's take your last song. Here's the link, right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HKVvcNOQb0

All we want is the last numbers/letters; after the equal sign, it will ALWAYS be whatever is after the equal sign. So here it is:

7HKVvcNOQb0

Now, what you can do is "Reply with Quote" on one of the embedded video comments....and you'll see clearly the formatting, you just have to plug that number/letter code in between the brackets that say "youtube". Just like "quote" or when you bold something it's B, or italicize it's I.....in this case, it's just youtube.

So here's that last track! If you want to see how it should look? Just reply with quote! (that way we don't have to go You Tube and sit through commercials! lol :)

....and to go from something entirely electronic to something entirely human.....and equally mindblowing.....;)

Marvin Gaye: Flyin' High In The Friendly Skies

How about an entire Phish concert? lol This is an HD video and soundboard audio rip of the show I was at on Saturday. They encore with a really cool "I am the Walrus," which they haven't played in aaaaages:

One question. What kind of stoned are we talking about? Remember what the dormouse said; feed your head ... ;)

When I decide to visit the alternate universe just about any music sounds good. A very incomplete list for me would have:
Anything from Pink Floyd
Too Rolling Stoned, Robin Trower
Little Bit of Sympathy, Trower
I've been listening to a lot of electronic swing lately, if they can go a few minutes and not be too repetitive I think it sounds really good.
Hank lll station on Pandora. Some of those guys can really pick it.

Like I said that's a very incomplete list, and always a work in progress

James Gang Rides Again, side 1

DUDE! JAMES GANG RIDES AGAIN SIDE ONE IS ONE OF THE GREATEST!!!

I just posted "The Bomber" the other day on my own thread (whew, that middle section.....). In fact, I almost posted that here!

Side two is nice too, but side one......whoah......one of the great all time sides. EXCELLENT choice, my friend! Impeccable taste....not just "James Gang Rides Again", but specifically side one, I'm blown away that you were that specific, you're the real deal! :) That's exactly what I would say. Here, take a hit on this. lol ;)

How this album is not in normal rotation on so-called "classic rock" stations has always puzzled me. As good, if not better, as the first two Zep albums, or any late 60s/early 70s "heavy rock" album, no question about it. And beautiful! Great to drive to, also!

The James Gang Rides Again
Joe Walsh, Dale Peters, Jim Fox 1970

PS: You know why side two was probably not played as much? it was so quiet that on vinyl it could really crackly! lol. It's cool, I love "Thanks", and of course "Tend My Garden" and "Ashes, The Rain & I" are classic J.G. But side one....that sets you right atop the Mountain of Rock! ;) Viva Joe Walsh! :)

I hit 555 posts just now, so in honor of that, for my 556th post, I'll go back in time:

Phish "555"

Though I usually listen to more than six minutes when I'm stoned and listening to Phish, lol.

Well congrats on 555, Phishippy Phishippy! lol. Cool checking it out, good jam. You know I saw the Dead so many times, and Phish came out just as the Dead were winding down, and the audiences overlapped. I never really properly checked them out, I must confess. Watching this now, I was really digging the drummer's work, and also the organ solo. The vibe looks great, with balloons bouncing around the audience, smoke billowing up, I wonder what that could be, lol! Well anyways, I smoked, I listened..it worked! Thanks! And congrats!

A luxuriant, psychedelic jazz-soul excursion....

Lonnie Liston Smith: Desert Nights

What's New

4/24/2024
If you need to report a post, click the 'report' button to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back