• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Some 60s sounds

I'm gonna take some flack for this, but oh well. This performance is astounding. Great gospel influence on this one.

Ha! No flak! It actually is a very good performance! Never heard this one.

The song reminds me of this one:

Patsy Cline: She's Got You

It's actually embarrassing how I came across that particular song, but I was floored when I heard it. Sometimes the wrong songs from the album get promoted. lol. It's not a cover either! Original!

As for Patsy, I've heard that song, but not her version.

Here's a gem from a guy who got stuck doing novelty songs for much of the '60s. A little known song that just managed to crack the Top 40.

And a REALLY great one that never charted. I think it was a B-side:

And a REALLY great one that never charted. I think it was a B-side:

Hey! That's a good one! Never heard that one! Thanks! That's a keeper!

Here's some of my favorite songs of '66.....I have a feeling you are already a fan of the first one, Likeasong! A perfect record, beautiful song, arrangement, a hit.....and all but forgotten!

The Critters: Mr. Diengly Sad

Wayne Fontana & The Mindbenders: A Groovy Kind Of Love

The Mamas & The Papas: Got A Feelin'

I could do a whole thread just on 1966 alone, lol. Or virtually any year of the 60s. More songs hit number one in 1965 than any other year (virtually all of them are still known to this day.) It's also the year that rated the highest on that "Happy" poll they give every year. I believe there is a direct correlation!

Last edited:
Internet--I know why you said that, but truthfully, not a big fan of the Critters. They're alright, and Ciccone sounded better once he joined the Jersey boys, but the Critters don't do it for me.

Bugman, never a big fan of the (Small) Faces, and if I really wanted to start a debate, we could discuss Small Faces versus Faces and whether they should be considered one band or two. It was a huge kerfuffle on my music forum when they came up for Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame induction. All that aside, the Steve Marriott-era has a couple songs that I do like. This one is probably my fave:

Internet--I know why you said that, but truthfully, not a big fan of the Critters. They're alright, and Ciccone sounded better once he joined the Jersey boys, but the Critters don't do it for me.

Bugman, never a big fan of the (Small) Faces, and if I really wanted to start a debate, we could discuss Small Faces versus Faces and whether they should be considered one band or two. It was a huge kerfuffle on my music forum when they came up for Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame induction. All that aside, the Steve Marriott-era has a couple songs that I do like. This one is probably my fave:

Well...I wouldn't say i'm a FAN of The Critters......I'm a fan of that song. It has nothing to do with Jersey Boys, i had no idea there's any affiliation, actually. I figured you'd appreciate how well written the song is, how well it was arranged and recorded. Guess I was wrong. No acccounting for taste. James Darren's "All", yes, but "Mr. Diengly Sad", no? I'll remember not to be overpolite about Pat Boone records! lol.

There's lots of stuff that people post that I think isn't too hot but.....to each their own. Holy moly. Negate, negate, negate, is there anything on the internet that's not a negation? Even getting on poor Bugman for his Small Faces post, oof!

Last edited:
Try negating this! The Dells had a hit twice with "Stay In My Corner"....the second version is particularly epic....

The Dells: Stay In My Corner (1965 version)

The Dells: Stay In My Corner (1968 version)

Oh, I'm not a big fan either. They were part of the musical landscape in the 60's, that's why I posted those songs. Another example would be the Pure Prairie League songs I posted in the 70's thread. Even then I was indifferent about that band, but they were pretty popular where I lived then and got a fair amount of airplay there, so I tossed them into the mix.

This is a song I came to know through the film Dumb and Dumber - cos, you know, I'm terribly sophisticated like that lol. I just think it's such a sweet song. And this is a great live performance, too. Sound better live than some of the 'great' 60s bands did, I reckon! (Also, is it just me or does the singer look a little like Lloyd Christmas, too? lol)

And this is another great live version of the song... 41 years later!

Well...I wouldn't say i'm a FAN of The Critters......I'm a fan of that song. It has nothing to do with Jersey Boys, i had no idea there's any affiliation, actually. I figured you'd appreciate how well written the song is, how well it was arranged and recorded. Guess I was wrong. No acccounting for taste. James Darren's "All", yes, but "Mr. Diengly Sad", no? I'll remember not to be overpolite about Pat Boone records! lol.

There's lots of stuff that people post that I think isn't too hot but.....to each their own. Holy moly. Negate, negate, negate, is there anything on the internet that's not a negation? Even getting on poor Bugman for his Small Faces post, oof!

Sorry! Wasn't trying to be negative. Just having a discussion about that we like and don't like.

Definitely love the Dells though. Thanks for that!

Sorry! Wasn't trying to be negative. Just having a discussion about that we like and don't like.

Definitely love the Dells though. Thanks for that!

Ok, sorry, didn't mean to be toohard, I know for me, I always try and go out of my way not to say "I don't like that", because music is personal to people. The temptation to do otherwise is definitely strong! But I'll look for the one thing to like about it, and effuse over that. Sometimes I have to look really hard! But personally - just speaking for myself - I'm always interested in what people like, not what they don't like. When someone else hears the same thing you do, it's exciting, encouraging...instant sense of community and being understood in the world, lol! When someone just negates, you just think.....oh....this obviously good piece of work is just wasted on this person, it just went sailing right over their heads! Have they not ears?

BUT...having said all that.....since Bugman came out and said it, I'll throw my lot in with you guys, I'm not a huge Small Faces fan either! lol. But no offense to the Small Faces fans! Obviously, we're in the wrong! :)

But who was very much in the right was Link Wray.....and Lonnie Mack!

Link Wray: Jack The Ripper

Lonnie Mack: Memphis

Last edited:
Herman's Hermits....now thar's a band with many goodies...

I like to liken Herman's Hermits to ABBA: not the most sophisticated act of their time, and will never be regarded as high art, and yet most people can't help but enjoy them on some level, even if it's only a select couple songs.

Elvis's movie tunes from the '60s are widely panned, but some of them are quite catchy. Like this one.

I'm kinda curious...how many of us commenting here are actually old enough to remember hearing these songs on the....uh....AM radio..... I be the first to admit it.

This thread is amazing. Thanks to the OP for shedding light on what was probably the best decade in music! :D

Boston - my grandparents thought Lawrence Welk was the bomb. Someday, our descendants will probably look at us the same way. So be it....t'was a good decade for music.

I'm kinda curious...how many of us commenting here are actually old enough to remember hearing these songs on the....uh....AM radio..... I be the first to admit it.

Heck yeah, that's all we had then. And then the infamous 8 track players a few years later. Remember how you always had to flip the tape over right in the middle of a song?

What's New

3/29/2024
The TMF Gathering forums keep you up to date on where and when folk are meeting up.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back