• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Some 60s sounds

This thread has been on life support but I'm not ready to pull the plug yet. Anyone else?

Shindig! Dang, I even remember that show....vaguely.... Now we need something from the show Hullaballu....

Mary Hopkin.

Petula Clark.

Lulu.

Bobbie Gentry.

The Seekers.

Dion.

Last edited:
Gale Garnett.

Percy Faith.

The Association.

Tommy James & The Shondells.

George Jones: She Thinks I Still Care

King Crimson: Moonchild

The Possum! Look at that haircut, lol. I bought a ticket to see George once, and true to his other nickname of No Show Jones, he didn't show up. Found out later he stopped at a beer joint between Dallas and Houston, parked his ass on a barstool and stayed three days. Never got a refund either.

The Possum! Look at that haircut, lol. I bought a ticket to see George once, and true to his other nickname of No Show Jones, he didn't show up. Found out later he stopped at a beer joint between Dallas and Houston, parked his ass on a barstool and stayed three days. Never got a refund either.

oooof!!!!!!! Oh! Lol!!!! Burnt by George!!!! No refund?!!!! I would have looked like the guy on the Crimson cover! lol!

That's one great story, Bugman, yet again!!!!

Yeah, look at that haircut! Putting-green head!

(ps: I just found out, the guy who painted that classic Crimson cover? He was a young guy and he died before the album even came out! He never even got to see his work become so iconic!)

Andy Williams. His signature song, Moon River.

A cover of a Fred Astaire song from 1936.

Last edited:
Some stuff didn't sell at all when it was first released.....but later became highly esteemed!

Van Morrison: Astral Weeks

The Velvet Underground: Candy Says

The Flying Burrito Brothers: Sin City

Last edited:
The original versions: overshadowed....but not bested!!!

Irma Thomas: Time is On My Side

Bessie Banks: Go Now

The Exciters: Doo Wah Diddy

Sending this first one out to our buddy General Zod!

Dave Dudley: Six Days On The Road

Roger Miller: King Of The Road

Three very interesting (and successful!) fusions of r&b with country music.

Solomon Burke: Just Out Of Reach (From My Two Open Arms)

Esther Phillips: Release Me

Ray Charles: I Can't Stop Loving You

A little trivia about "I Get Around"!

Brian Wilson was deeply affected by the Beatles invasion of February '64. He has since said: "When The Beatles came over, I looked at my band and we looked like golf caddys. I looked at their band and they looked like rock stars." What can you say...other than he was completely right!

With The Beatles completely dominating the charts - in April of '64 they had twelve records in the Top 100, including the TOP FIVE positions 4Apr1964_Highlight_sm.jpg - Brian was obsessed with the next Beach Boys single having to be spectacular, it was do-or-die. Were they going to hang on to the great success they had been having.....or would they be buried by the Brits?! He especially was concerned with having the opening hook you right in, as soon as the record started.

Well.....I think you will agree that The Beach Boys met the challenge with "I Get Around"! A total step forward for them, they lived to fight another day and hang on for a couple of more years (having a string of great hits) when so many others got wiped out almost overnight (Del Shannon, for instance, Bobby Vee, Vinton & Rydell, most of the girl groups, etc). A total instant classic. And a total number one.

Here's The Beach Boys live in March of 1964, right after the Beatles came over.....looking like golf caddys....but sounding great!

(best songs: "In My Room" and the closing "Papa Ooh Mow Mow"!)

That film was screened in theaters opening up for footage of the Beatles February 11th performance in Washington, DC. For comparison as to how "heavy" the Beatles were.....here's the opening song from that concert

The competition with The Beatles didn't stop there. "Rubber Soul" was the main impetus behind "Pet Sounds". In fact, the competition with the Fabs so got to Brian that he basically had a nervous breakdown, trying to finish "Smile", his answer to "Sgt. Pepper". He ended up shelving it.....though now we can hear it was his magnum opus.

Brian Wilson plays "Surf's Up" for Leonard Bernstein

Last edited:
I didn't know that about Brian Wilson. Very interesting post. :)

Bill Medley and Bobby Hatfield, The Righteous Brothers.

Jimmy Ruffin.

What's New

4/19/2024
Check out the huge number of thicklign clips that can be found at Clips4Sale. The webs biggest fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back