• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Some 60s sounds

I posted a Johnny Rivers song in the 70s thread, but some of his best music comes from the 60s.

"Different Drum" was written by Mike Nesmith!

He sure did. And had quite a career after leaving The Monkeys. You probably know his mother invented Liquid Paper. Probably not worth much today since typewriters are almost museum pieces now.

Glenn Campbell. Wichita Lineman was written by the great Jimmy Webb.

Glenn with Rick Nelson.

The Cascades: Rhythm Of The Rain

Bobby Vee: Run To Him

The Caravelles: You Don't Have To Be A Baby To Cry

Love Rhythm Of The Rain and Run To Him. The Caravelles song is new to me. Bug says :thumbsup:

Don't blame me for this one, I was an innocent bystander. Really. I was just a kid. :p

I actually kind of like this one. There's something so 60s about it.

Who remembers this one?

Last edited:
Hey, I love me some "Green Tambourine"!

And jeesh, The Lovin' Spoonful....what a run of hits....and all within a year in a half! Amazing. And in '65 and '66, when the competition was FIERCE. More songs got to number one in 1965 than in any other year. That's how fertile it was. One week "Satisfaction". Next week "Like A Rolling Stone" Next week "Day Tripper". A million classic Motown records. Amazing.

Anyways, what I have here is not more Spoonful.....but three songs that people sometimes mistake for other artists: Beach Boys, Aretha Franklin and The Beatles. Brian did write and produce "Little Honda".....Fontella Bass actually predates Aretha's Atlantic period.....and Knickerbockers are just plain rip-offs! Albeit good ones!

The Hondells: Little Honda

Fontella Bass: Rescue Me

The Knickerbockers: Lies

Time for some obscure garage/psych!

This band only put out one enigmatic single........but it's a bitchin' one! Both sides! And with the lyric "can you guess my name?" predates the Stones' "Sympathy For The Devil" by two years! They had to have heard this one. (To be fair, the singer, like most garage bands of the 60s, is heavily influenced by Jagger!.

Fabulously rare, I give you one of the great losers of the sixties: The Satans!

The Satans: Makin' Deals

The Satans: Lines And Squares

Probably a song that would have been a hit during the 50's, but it came out it 63, the last sort of doo-wop song.

Paul Revere And The Raiders - Him Or Me

Last edited:
Just posted some songs by The Guess Who in the 70s thread, but they work here as well.

Just checked this thread again - and as always, several good choices (in my mind anywho). The Guess Who, Knickerbockers, Paul Revere and the Raiders (come on now.....blue coats, or red coats?), even them Monkees (created as a spoof,yet look what they done did).

Pink Floyd {Syd Barrett} - Arnold Layne

Last edited:
These just popped into my head. Don't know why.

Spiral Staircase.

Jeannie C. Riley.

Nancy Sinatra.

A masterpiece that not many people know; the end is on the level of fucking Beethoven!
The Beach Boys: Cabinessence

Happy Birthday John.

Not A Second Time 1963

I'll Be Back 1964

Norwegian Wood 1965

I'm Only Sleeping 1966

I Am The Walrus 1967

Julia 1968

Because 1969

what are your favorites?

Another modern cover of an old song (having just posted a version of Landslide by the Dixie Chicks over in the 70s thread.)

I feel like Bon Jovi found something interesting in the song "Help" - it almost makes more sense when it's done like this. The original, which is of course great, sounds almost celebratory, where this sounds like someone really crying out for help. It's... sadder.

Donovan - "Season of the Witch"

Album: Sunshine Superman

Released on: 12-31-1966

What's New

4/23/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome Forum and take a moment to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back