• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

songs from the 70s

rdhd

1st Level Yellow Feather
Well, we have threads for songs from the 50s the 60s, the 80s, ones to get stoned to. But nothing from the 70s? May I start such with one from the prog-rock era (right at the beginning of the 70s) - from Emerson, Lake, and Palmer. Actually a three-fer, as it is a video of a live performance (and not to shabby for the era). Knife Edge, (unknown name), and Nutrocker.

Last edited:
Damn thing didn't work. Sorry folks.

Edit: Never mind, Bugman helped me figure it out. Have fun, all

Last edited:
And here's a few, just to get things started.

Last edited:
Oh...I catch on now....thanks bugman, I was tryin to copy from yahoo....DUUUHHHH

another great choice Bugman - the MTB! So many different genres showed up in the 70s. Let's just hope the disco doesn't show up.....:scared:

So many possibilities.. to name a few: Queen, all the "southern bands", CSN, CSNY, Moody Blues, Jethro Tull, and an odd one that many have never heard of -
Renaissance. And towards the end of the decade, Van Halen, Journey, Styx, to name just a few.

Curse you rdhd, I'm gonna be up all night. :p

A little band from Down Under.

Sorry to keep you awake Bugman, but you found my favorite LRB song - It's a Long Way There - and the LONG VERSION!

And Rush......

Guess no one else here was alive in the 70s.......

And I forgot about LRB's Lady.... to my wife of 34 yrs.... thanks for bringing that one back

Nothing says 1976 like these three songs!

Boston: More Than A Feeling

Peter Frampton: Do You Feel Like We Do

Heart: Magic Man

@Bugman
Not too familiar with Foghat… Enjoyed those songs though. Will have to check out more of their stuff, I reckon!

@The Internet
Seeing this thread pop up actually inspired me to listen to a couple of compilation albums I have, and Boston’s More than a Feeling was one of the tracks on it. Which means I was listening to that song just a few minutes before you embedded that video - kinda weird! Good song, though. Interesting, as a Brit, to see what songs say 1976 from an American perspective. Of course, in the UK it was all about punk at that point!

@rdhd
Though I’m not a massive CSN/Y fan, I do love this song (from 1970). No matter what goes on in the world (I mean socially, politically), popular artists will not write songs like this anymore. Just doesn’t happen. Alas, alas.

@Bugman
Not too familiar with Foghat… Enjoyed those songs though. Will have to check out more of their stuff, I reckon!

@The Internet
Seeing this thread pop up actually inspired me to listen to a couple of compilation albums I have, and Boston’s More than a Feeling was one of the tracks on it. Which means I was listening to that song just a few minutes before you embedded that video - kinda weird! Good song, though. Interesting, as a Brit, to see what songs say 1976 from an American perspective. Of course, in the UK it was all about punk at that point!

@rdhd
Though I’m not a massive CSN/Y fan, I do love this song (from 1970). No matter what goes on in the world (I mean socially, politically), popular artists will not write songs like this anymore. Just doesn’t happen. Alas, alas.

I'm sorry to say Foghat moved away from their blues roots on the later albums, and a lot of that stuff is...hit and miss at best.

Yeh Vanilla, in the 70s a lot of songs had a definite message. As opposed to today, where they are just a compilation of all the words we couldn't say in public back then. And, I'm still tryin to sort out the songs from those days (I be gettin old... times are merging into each other). Also, it's cool that you Brits have a different slant on the times (hell, you guys brought us bands such as Black Sabbath and Deep Purple.....uh-oh....more videos....).

A few one hit wonders from the 70's, in the U.S. at least. Sorry rdhd, don't mean to take over your thread. Cant seem to stop myself.

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back