• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Say goodby to the VCR.

Oh yes. A lot of Disney movies, some classics, and old dance competition videos from school. :)

Still watch VHSs when I stay at my parents' place. Also, remember when Realtickling was shipping videotapes? :bubble:

My all-time favorite video is on VHS...and it fucking broke! Anyone know if VHS tapes are fix-able?

If the tape snapped they can be taken apart and spliced together but it's a real pain to do it.

VCR??? What's that???

No on a serious note its sad that the VCR will be no longer....I still have many VHS tapes and I will miss the VCR.

I'm not exactly old enough to remember them too well, but they were a big part of my childhood. My dad bought a DVD player when I was very little, but we did still watch tapes then. We have loooooads of them gathering dust. Teachers also used to put tapes on during little school, although I'm not sure if they do anymore.

It's sad to see them go, but maybe they'll become a hipster thing one day.

I'm not exactly old enough to remember them too well, but they were a big part of my childhood. My dad bought a DVD player when I was very little, but we did still watch tapes then. We have loooooads of them gathering dust. Teachers also used to put tapes on during little school, although I'm not sure if they do anymore.

It's sad to see them go, but maybe they'll become a hipster thing one day.

Smeg you just reminded me of this day at school when an old teacher tried for 10 minutes straight to stick a VHS inside a DVD player~

Haha! "Oh no, why won't it go in?!" XD

Exactly. Naturally none of us students gave any help, just to see how long it would take her. The hardest was not to laugh too hard~ Eventually she went to get a technician to help her "remove the piece of plastic that was preventing the tape to go in" (actually the DVD tray). The guy's face was priceless when he told her: "Miss, this is a DVD player..." and she replied "A whatnow?" :laughhard:

In 2006 I bought my mother (for her 85th birthday) a device with both VHS tape and DVD capabilities that would convert the former to the latter. I used it to convert those tapes that I wanted to save. Then I threw all my VHS tapes away, soon followed by my ancient VCR (itself purchased about 1990).

I have a dual-DVD / VHS player that I use to play some of my old VHS tapes.

I still have a VCR. I still use blank tapes to record things, too. I also have my Nintendo connected to my VCR so I have to turn it on to play some old school games.

When I first started selling videos they were all VHS, and I used to do all the editing with two VCRs, two remotes, and very fast hands. Im sure someone out there still has one of my tapes. Hand made all the way.

Yeah, but what about Betamax??? :imouttahe

What about super8?! XD. Found a bunch of those from my pop when he filmed. Came down to hunting through the house for the adapter for the Sony handicam that could actually play it.

My all-time favorite video is on VHS...and it fucking broke! Anyone know if VHS tapes are fix-able?

They are, but only if you know what you're doing and have the right tools. Did the tape break at the very end, or in the middle? If it's the former, you may be able to re-attach what's left of the leader tape to the appropriate spool inside the cassette. If it's in the middle, you're talking about splicing, which requires care and special splicing tape made for the purpose (NEVER use regular sticky tape for recording tape splicing).

There are bound to be tutorials online.

RIP in peace, VCR.

I still remember when my parents recorded over my VHS of Hunchback of Notre Dame by accident. As a format, you will not be missed, for that exact reason.

And I have a bunch of VHS tickling videos. I wonder if they will become collectors items? :eek:

I gave away all of my VHS tapes years ago. But it seems like a lot of folks still collect VHS, so it is a bummer that they may become obsolete.

I still have my vcr from back from 86 I just turned 17 and I bought one and it was cool, But it's rewind speed was shit. It was so bad I actually bought a vhs rewinder thing it cost 30 bucks which was alot of dough for a teen working at a arcade with a pay load of 3.35 an hour

What's New

4/24/2024
If you need to report a post, click the 'report' button to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back