• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Moving to NYC

gypsyjazz

Disclaimer: This isn't so much a personal post as it is just me looking for tips and advice from locals xD

I'm going to be taking the plunge and packing up everything I own to move to NYC after the holidays. I have a job that I'm able to transfer with and ideally I'd like to live in Brooklyn. I know no one in the city - but it's a dream I've had to move there since I was old enough to dream about living on my own. If any kind soul has any advice for a soon-to-be New Yorker - be it safe neighborhoods to live, tips to save money, fun things to do on a broke trade school grad budget - I'd be very appreciative. Of course, I'm always up for making friends of any age/sex/gender as well. Pms are welcome

Learn the subway. Trust me it helps. And figure out if a monthly pass is cheaper for you or not. Cause it can save you alot

I live in Washington Heights. Honestly, it's the best. You're close to subway stations, Columbia Presbyterian (one of the best hospitals in the city), good food and culture, and wonderful, affordable housing.

@Amkes i took the subway by myself for the first time a couple months ago and it scared the bejezzuz outta me xD but i've already accepted that im going to be living by the subway system once i move xD thanks!!! :)

@broadwaymaybe define affordable?? i have a lot of student loans so thats what im worried about because i know most landlords require certain credit scores and stuff like that :/

Like the first person said, make sure you learn the subway system and figure out how much you're going to spend on a metro card (weekly or monthly).

If you're going to move to Brooklyn your best bet for affordable rent is Bushwick, Williamsburg or East New York/Brownsville. I wouldn't consider East NY, it's probably the least safest neighborhood in the entire city. Last time I went there the crime rate was still high compared to every other part of the city. Bushwick is an up and coming area so you might still be able to find a place with cheap rent around there.

@broadwaymaybe define affordable?? i have a lot of student loans so thats what im worried about because i know most landlords require certain credit scores and stuff like that :/

I live with my two friends and we each pay under $1,000 a month. If you want more tips, send me a message!

Lived in Brooklyn for 10 years before moving to Manhattan. Feel free to ask me anything.

What's New

4/26/2024
Visit Dorr 44 for clips! Details in the D44 box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back