• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Tickling and musicality

matt62

TMF Expert
I have a theory that ticklish people tend to be musical as well - that is, they can sing reasonably well in tune.

Or perhaps the obverse of that is more demonstrable: that people who aren't ticklish are more likely than average to be tone deaf.

Maybe something to do with having a "well-tuned" nervous system...whatever that might mean.

Anyone else observed such a tendency?

Yeah, I feel a little obligated to third this. What kind of sample size are you working with here, if I may inquire?

I do, however, think that there could be a link between musicality and being a good tickler. To me tickling someone is not that much different than playing a guitar or piano or any other instrument: it's about touch, being attuned and attentive to the "action" that's going on......chasing the muse and chasing the laughter.....I feel like I use the same side of my brain. Not that I think musicians are automatically better ticklers than non-musicians, but I definitely experience a similar "approach" to touching a ticklee as I do playing piano, guitar or even drums.

But musicality and being a tickle victim? I don't see how there's any correlation, and virtually anybody I ever dated or tickled was not musical so I have to throw my lot in with the others above me. Plus I'm musical and not susceptible so....

That looks like a "no" to my theory so far, then.

Of course it is not easy to define "musical" and apply it to anecdotal examples like this anyway. I do think that a lot of people believe themselves to be unmusical or unable to sing in tune because of bad experiences of learning at school or because of low exposure to music-making and singing, and they label themselves as such, when in fact in the right circumstances they would be quite capable of singing in tune. I know several people like that, including my own dad.

Maybe there isn't a strong correlation between musicality and ticklishness. But the reason I ask the question is that I am always curious to see if there are particular personality types, or even body types, who tend to be ticklish. Sometimes I think I can see these patterns. I'm interested to know if other observations like this have occurred to anyone.

It's a tickling fetish, for Christ's sake...why do people keep trying to assign all these other abilities, qualities, and identifiers to it, like they're the fucking X-men?

It's a tickling fetish, for Christ's sake...why do people keep trying to assign all these other abilities, qualities, and identifiers to it, like they're the fucking X-men?

Something to talk about, kills the time, lol. There's only so many thread topics you can have about this subject after all, and we're 16 years in!

There is hardly any connection between tickling and musicality, except for those who play piano and guitar can tickle effectively with their quick fingers (I play base-guitar and piano myself, as well as volleyball).

Same. I'm not even really sure if there's much correlation between playing a musical instrument and being a good ler. There's just so much of a psychological aspect versus just technique involved

You know, I really, honestly don't think there's a correlation between ticklishness and--anything. Ethnicity, gender, musicality, personality, whatever. It's totally and utterly down to the individual. There is no way to accurately guess, based on superficial characteristics, how ticklish someone is, and there's not a whole hell of a lot of a point to trying--except, as previously pointed out, to kill time. Because I never get tired of writing these dumb little rants, I really don't. XD

I do, however, think that there could be a link between musicality and being a good tickler. To me tickling someone is not that much different than playing a guitar or piano or any other instrument: it's about touch, being attuned and attentive to the "action" that's going on......chasing the muse and chasing the laughter.....I feel like I use the same side of my brain. Not that I think musicians are automatically better ticklers than non-musicians, but I definitely experience a similar "approach" to touching a ticklee as I do playing piano, guitar or even drums.

But musicality and being a tickle victim? I don't see how there's any correlation, and virtually anybody I ever dated or tickled was not musical so I have to throw my lot in with the others above me. Plus I'm musical and not susceptible so....

I've literally been told by a woman while I was tickling her feet that "it's like you're playing an instrument". So, yeah.

*furrows brow, strokes chin, leans in*

Go on...
Why?
Volleyball players got strong fingers, which adds to their mobility if you play instruments like guitar or piano.
It would be silly to think that only this automatically makes you a good ler, but it's an advantage when it comes to finger tickling.

So does this make female lers not as good as male lers due to finger strength?

So, we've pivoted from "playing a musical instrument makes me a great tickler" to "playing a sport makes me a great tickler".

Someone's gonna mention midichlorians soon, I just know it...

Volleyball players got strong fingers, which adds to their mobility if you play instruments like guitar or piano.

I reckon most people's fingers are strong enough and mobile enough to be used as effective tickling tools. For instance, I could not imagine a 'lee saying to their long-term 'ler, "You know, darling, since you've taken up volleyball, your tickling skills have gone through the roof!"

But whatever. Let's not let another innocent thread devolve into petty squabbling! lol

Same. I'm not even really sure if there's much correlation between playing a musical instrument and being a good ler. There's just so much of a psychological aspect versus just technique involved

Oh you're just being arbirtrary, lol.

I just thought of one: sometimes I drum-tickle a girl's back/sides when giving a backrub, goofing around, like a drum roll all over her back, especially lower back, like rabbit punches but with fingers pointed down and drumrolling drumrolling then....zap the sides, lol. Or into her armpits. Squeal! I've done that millions of times. So there you go: tickled by a drummer!

Ok, here , I've got another angle: a 'lee who HAS no musicality, or has poor taste in music....they inevitably - and deservedly - (should) get tickled for it! At least by THIS 'ler! (Still on topic, right? Lack of Musicality...and Tickling) I know I've done it to at least two girls, and somehow it actually made it easier to not show mercy, I don't know why, lol. One told me Debbie Gibson was a genius; the other was just a classic Beatle-hater. Used all ten fingers on both, don't worry, I took care of it......;)

So Matt62, yes, I negated your point (we all did) but I've countered it by sharing two things that I've personally experienced, stuff that fits the bill: "Tickling & Musicality". Ta-da!

But whatever. Let's not let another innocent thread devolve into petty squabbling! lol

I know, right?

So, we've pivoted from "playing a musical instrument makes me a great tickler" to "playing a sport makes me a great tickler".

Hey Wolf, buddy......I never said playing an instrument makes me a great tickler.

To me tickling someone is not that much different than playing a guitar or piano or any other instrument: it's about touch, being attuned and attentive to the "action" that's going on......chasing the muse and chasing the laughter.....I feel like I use the same side of my brain. Not that I think musicians are automatically better ticklers than non-musicians, but I definitely experience a similar "approach" to touching a ticklee as I do playing piano, guitar or even drums.

If you don't relate, oh well! Just sharing my own personal experience in a thread entitled "Tickling and Musicality".

Wolf....Chizona.....even dear Smeg (et tu, Smeg!)......guys.....there are bigger battles to fight. THIS is what annoys you?! lol.

(Wolf, if you said that being a massage therapist made you a better tickler, would make sense to me!)

So does this make female lers not as good as male lers due to finger strength?

Only if they don't play guitar or piano, lol!

For the record: i wasn't talking about finger strength, which I don't see being needed very much in tickling.

I've literally been told by a woman while I was tickling her feet that "it's like you're playing an instrument". So, yeah.

See? I've heard that too, though I can't place where. It might have been a video, might have been in my life, not sure....oh wait, now i know, it was in life, and a weird moment to be honest...........anyway this is hardly the first place that has made the comparison to tickling and music. And at least a couple of tickle victims have made the connection so.....

Ok, my work is done in this thread.....negate away, friends!

Only if they don't play guitar or piano, lol!

For the record: i wasn't talking about finger strength, which I don't see being needed very much in tickling.

For the record: i should have quoted the response right above mine. It wasn't in relation to your posts. And I'm not being arbitrary, the mind-fuck is the best part for a lot of people. Playing guitar doesn't teach you how to tease verbally, play on the element of surprise, build anticipation, or touch on humiliation.

For the record: i should have quoted the response right above mine. It wasn't in relation to your posts. And I'm not being arbitrary, the mind-fuck is the best part for a lot of people. Playing guitar doesn't teach you how to tease verbally, play on the element of surprise, build anticipation, or touch on humiliation.

I think perhaps it's harder to brag about one's psychological tickling skills; there's no concrete way to back it up.

No, you're being arbitrary, lol.

Playing music, or performing incorporates virtually everything you listed, especially playing on the element of surprise, building anticipation and mindfuckery. Tension and release, pacing, nuance of touch........no one is suggesting that any one type of person is inherently a better 'lee or 'ler, do you guys have that in your ear yet?

Wolf: assuming you're talking to me - why would I brag about my psychological tickling skills in a thread entitled "Tickling and Musicality"? In fact, maybe you can tell me: why is sharing an experience is bragging? (PM me the answer to that one, bud)

Door 44 Productions
What's New

4/15/2024
If you need to report a post, click the report button under it to the lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back