• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

TMF Diet & Exercise Club Thread

I'll reply in private, as I don't want to bore everyone else. :p

Last edited:
Darn it Doll, I'm not on Facebook lol. Probably the last person in America too. Sigh, I've missed out on so many parties because people put their invites on the evil Book of Faces. I haven't had any soda (except club soda which has 0 calories) since late 2016 though.

*forgot to say that this was addressed to Sadi*

If you are looking for caffeine I'd recommend SlimQuick Pure Men, Extra Strength (they make about ten different versions for women), it's what I use and it helped me stay away from soda completely for over a year. It also helps you lose weight to boot. Just be careful and don't take the recommended dosage your first go, I did and I literally ran five miles before I realized I don't know where I am or how to get back (was visiting a friend in another town). Each tablet is equal to about three cups of coffee so again be careful.

As for price it usually costs around twenty dollars for thirty, but if you only take one a day that's a good buy. I would also recommend eating a balanced meal before taking because it is also an appetite suppressant and realizing you haven't eaten for a day or two is not good for your health. If you want to know more just send me a pm and I can give you some personal experience info.

Last edited:
Well, my goal of bench pressing my own weight 10 times on or after my 40th birthday is officially given up on. I somehow managed to give myself a mild umbilical hernia and I won't be weightlifting or playing volleyball for a while. When I do get back to pumping iron, my approach is going to be a lot different. No more using heavy weights and continuing until failure. It's going to be lower weight and high reps. I just hope I don't lose too much of the progress I had gained while I'm sidelined. :doh::sadcry:

Well, my goal of bench pressing my own weight 10 times on or after my 40th birthday is officially given up on. I somehow managed to give myself a mild umbilical hernia and I won't be weightlifting or playing volleyball for a while. When I do get back to pumping iron, my approach is going to be a lot different. No more using heavy weights and continuing until failure. It's going to be lower weight and high reps. I just hope I don't lose too much of the progress I had gained while I'm sidelined. :doh::sadcry:

Aww!! :( As you seem to be a smartypants im sure you know far more about hernias and healing times/further susceptibility and whatnot than I, but fingers crossed you get better soon!

For some reason, your comment about low weight high reps made me think of Lou Ferrigno and Schwarzenegger (know Lou emphasizes more about the importance of REST) but I'm positive you can continue to improve with the high rep process. I mean, what do you think the majority of girls do to get toned? (Yes, yes, I know exceptions and blahblahblah. Last I checked, I could only find 1lb and 2lb weights in purple and pink, so I think that says something about reps doing something.)

As for the vitamin D, even before all my complications I was labeled with a vitamin D deficiency (I also had the nickname vampire in high school. Me and the sun are NOT friends!). Just got new mess from my neurologist so fingers crossed this helps my everything improve!

D20Guy, thanks a LOT for the substitution idea! Do you know if it's caffeine? That's the "excuse" I use as it can be a relief for headaches. I've intentionally avoided continuing to try coffee (still think it's "icky") as I have enough vices as it is! :blaugh:

Thank you SO MUCH for all your help and advice, Doll!! Not only did I find it encouraging (other people experience similar obstacles that I've faced) but very informative and helpful, too! I've found Ensure for under 1.50 pretax if ordered online, so that's set once sales end at a grocery store, offering a substitute for even cheaper. ;) And it really seems to be helping me a lot.

I've been walking quite a bit more and l I've found that helps keep my mind off the desire for something other than water. Often, I just want a change in taste (but have already eaten all the fruit/veggies I've bought). The upside is if I don't immediately open a can of pop I often forget I'm thirsty for it, even though it's sitting right beside me (upside of health mess). I drink water instead, since I ALWAYS seem to have a water bottle by me. I've already had a super healthy period where I couldn't even drink Coke it was so strong, and I know how truly horrible pop is. Yet I still "cave" too often. Baby steps! Baby steps! :)

It's truly fortunate you only had a "brush" with danger (even if it was only in your mind, still brings the risk to light to take actions to avoid later). Really don't know what would happen here if you weren't here to share your always slencouraging and bright, bubbly posts!

Lesson learned right? I'll be turning 40 in 2018 myself. *gasp* The other day I knelt down to clean the floor and snapped something in my knee. Earlier that day I pulled something in my neck reaching for something up high in the kitchen. There is nothing wrong with what I am doing here obviously. But... if I go a day without working out/ stretching.... my body treats me like a red headed step child. Use this as opportunity to watch videos on how to stay safe.

Meet Jeff Cavaliere. Here's his resume via Linked In:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/athleanx

I've been watching his YouTube channel for quite some time and he really is one of the best to learn from/ take advice from. :)

@Sadi thank you for your kind words. I really appreciate them. :) And don't worry... I have a bike now I ride sometimes... So if someone messes with me I'm just gonna run them over. :D

OH and I found another feather!!! :D I gotta post a pic...or two. :)

IMG_2987.JPGIMG_2988.JPG

Last edited:
don't give up on weights tho. .."just Cardio and diet" I feel lately is bullshit. I took a little break from arms weight training and a much longer break from leg weight training. ....you'd be surprised how some leg press sets in the routine pulls the pooch down. ...haven't changed anything else really, feeling a lot more energy. lesson learned: when things seem harder, get harder.

Absolutely. But each individual has to do whats right for them. Especially when the person gets hurt. I know I'm restating the obvious here- I'm sure you know that already duderino. But it bears repeating- no one picks up a weight or does anything before their doctor states its alright to do so if they are under a doctors care. Of course don't give up your dreams. Or be afraid to push. Just be sensible about the steps. :)

don't give up on weights tho. .."just Cardio and diet" I feel lately is bullshit. I took a little break from arms weight training and a much longer break from leg weight training. ....you'd be surprised how some leg press sets in the routine pulls the pooch down. ...haven't changed anything else really, feeling a lot more energy. lesson learned: when things seem harder, get harder.

But doctors aren't supposed to tell you "when" to "live"....there's an economy to the "practice". I mean I've heard lifters argue being "sore" is an indicator of transformational work taking place by cutting new muscle. All the salad replacing meals and treadmill isn't going to dramatically impact weight loss as much as replacing the fat with muscle will. Developing a smart strategy to working out is better by far than avoiding it.

But doctors aren't supposed to tell you "when" to "live"....there's an economy to the "practice". I mean I've heard lifters argue being "sore" is an indicator of transformational work taking place by cutting new muscle. All the salad replacing meals and treadmill isn't going to dramatically impact weight loss as much as replacing the fat with muscle will. Developing a smart strategy to working out is better by far than avoiding it.

I know...but theres being really sore and being really in pain. When in doubt take a day off or workout other areas. I have never tried to gain muscle. I do "tear up muscles* when Im beginning an even medium advanced routine -and building on that. Which grows muscle. Working with weights- I'm still beginner but have no want to go far. Only to protect mine and maybe get to 10 pounds for toning. Thats probably max for me. Depends on your goals, what you want. You should go to a Professional Weight Lifting Forum- or forum that fits the practice of the physical style you want to get into. Like Boxing... Still though... keep in mind to set realistic goals.

Last edited:
Ya I get you. 15 years ago (when I was 18) I was much lighter despite having the typical pot belly (190lbs at 6'1). Kind of just want to get back to that. I was much less of a puss about exercise and the metabolism was good enough diet wasn't a factor. So I'm just returning to a lot of the same exercises, albeit lighter weights.

Ya I get you. 15 years ago (when I was 18) I was much lighter despite having the typical pot belly (190lbs at 6'1). Kind of just want to get back to that. I was much less of a puss about exercise and the metabolism was good enough diet wasn't a factor. So I'm just returning to a lot of the same exercises, albeit lighter weights.

I don't know if "puss' fits you or anyone once you hit your thirties. Or any age really. I'm going to be 40 next year. A lil wisdom here... a little more wisdom there. lol Don't beat yourself up. Just keep getting back up when you fall. Be proud when you get back up to face another day. And you who are currently doing it alone should be extremely proud of yourself. I lean on my Bf a lot to vent and cry to. I made this thread specifically for all of us to lean on each other and learn from.

I just found out the other day I have a SEVERE hormonal imbalance. And that's putting it lightly- I actually have a Disorder! With an official name and everything! LOL!! It started in my 20's. One of the biggest signs was over eating. But I didn't know. I blamed it on stress. It was stress but... it also was this Disorder. NOW... I have to fight to not only avoid over eating...but cut out certain foods at certain periods. I have to stay on top of it. It's not going to be easy. Not by a long shot. But I'm trying to look at this like ... well.... I'm currently developing and gathering my mental strength on how to deal with it. Everything's a process. Right? Everything. There's a ying and yang to it all.

And I am back up to 170 pounds. But this time around I'm not blaming myself. I know why it happened. And with that knowledge I go forth. A little more scared but definitely with more knowledge as my arsenal.

We ordered Chinese food last week and I got a fortune that basically said something like: " You can sit on the train tracks for as long as you like... but you HAVE to get up at SOME POINT." Or as Yoda said "Do or do not... there is no try".

You are returning to a lot of the same exercises and light weights? AWESOME!!!!!!! You're already ahead of 60% of the population. Keep that in my mind and be proud of every day you see that sweat running down your face. We al have the "Eye Of The Tiger". At least in our hearts. Let that be your guide. Just remember the tiger may not always get what the tiger wants. It gets what it NEEDS to SURVIVE.

Wow, super late to this thread but this is a great one. Fitness and nutrition talk is beneficial for all no matter what age or size you are....we're all our own worst critic...will be following this one going forward.

Wow, super late to this thread but this is a great one. Fitness and nutrition talk is beneficial for all no matter what age or size you are....we're all our own worst critic...will be following this one going forward.

Thanks TG! :) I luv you all btw. :)

I don't know if "puss' fits you or anyone once you hit your thirties. Or any age really. I'm going to be 40 next year. A lil wisdom here... a little more wisdom there. lol Don't beat yourself up. Just keep getting back up when you fall. Be proud when you get back up to face another day. And you who are currently doing it alone should be extremely proud of yourself. I lean on my Bf a lot to vent and cry to. I made this thread specifically for all of us to lean on each other and learn from.

You are returning to a lot of the same exercises and light weights? AWESOME!!!!!!! You're already ahead of 60% of the population. Keep that in my mind and be proud of every day you see that sweat running down your face. We al have the "Eye Of The Tiger". At least in our hearts. Let that be your guide. Just remember the tiger may not always get what the tiger wants. It gets what it NEEDS to SURVIVE.

Sorry to hear about your imbalance. Personally I thought I was a pretty busy guy in my teens with all sorts of marching band stuff and exercise....I didn't have time or care to invest in "pain". You take a few years to focus on school, work with people with lesser commitment to the same activities you're into, focus on other areas of life, "mellow out" a bit and when you finally want to start sculpting again....you've forgotten what it was like to really push like when you were when you were young ("you" as in "me") and yet you have all this extra mass to work at. In that regard that's why I referred to myself as "puss". The eye of the tiger analogy works....and even tho it takes a while to catch the gazelle....what gets it to reaching that goal isn't holding back at all, but openly embracing the pain it will take to catch and bring that gazelle to the ground. Which is why I'm placing so much emphasis on "pushing" now.

I've always looked forward to 40. :) Kids? No. Every once in awhile I get sucked into the dream of that. But, no- I want to travel and have a very adult life. With actual spending money! lol! I can thank my beautiful Girlfriend who was 48 when I met her for really showing me how awesome our 40's can be. 60's Hippie. The getting there this past year hasn't been great. But... it'll click over and I'll be thrilled. :) Milftastic and ready to conquer the (ticklish...) world. ;)

And yes I'm going to have to cut out a lot of sugar. But I've already been through that. Just... gonna have to go through it again. *sigh*

I've always looked forward to 40. :) Kids? No. Every once in awhile I get sucked into the dream of that. But, no- I want to travel and have a very adult life. With actual spending money! lol! I can thank my beautiful Girlfriend who was 48 when I met her for really showing me how awesome our 40's can be. 60's Hippie. The getting there this past year hasn't been great. But... it'll click over and I'll be thrilled. :) Milftastic and ready to conquer the (ticklish...) world. ;)

Right? Cloning will happen eventually.

I don't want to wait to be cloned LOL! I'd be a baby starting out all over again. (Though if that happens.. look out future Generations...) HAHA. ;)

Lol I'm just saying, soon "the clock" won't be a factor in the future and everybody might have the option to live as they see fit. Parenting scares the crap out of me, honestly. Just watching other people do it I think some parents are saints.

Lol I'm just saying, soon "the clock" won't be a factor in the future and everybody might have the option to live as they see fit. Parenting scares the crap out of me, honestly. Just watching other people do it I think some parents are saints.

Sure.

Good parents are out there. I'm met some of the best.

Time will always be with us. We watch it fade every day. It's important. Spend it wisely.

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back