• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Country classics.

Bugman

Verified
We have covered a lot of musical ground in the various threads, but with a few notable exceptions country music has gone wanting. Let's see how many C&W fans we have here.

Bob Willis or Hank Williams might seem like obvious choices to lead off, but I'm going with Waco native Hank Thompson. Born in 1925, Hank was performing on radio station WACO at a young age as Hank the Hired Hand. After serving in the Navy during WWII Hank returned to Waco and formed his legendary Brazos Valley Boys. The Brazos Valley Boys were the first country band to take their own sound system on the road, the first to release a live album, Live At The Golden Nugget in 1961 and the first to broadcast a TV variety show in color. Hank's career spanned seven decades before his death in 2007 at 82.

By the way, this thread is not decade specific. Jump around as your muse directs you.

Hey, Hank Thompson! I'll add a couple of more if you don't mind:

Hank Thompson: Green Light

Hank Thompson: Humpty Dumpty Heart

......and a Floyd Tillman!

Floyd Tillman: Slipping Around

Hey, Hank Thompson! I'll add a couple of more if you don't mind:
.....and a Floyd Tillman!

Great choices. :D

The Wild Side Of Life was released in March of 1952. In June of that year Kitty Wells fired back with this song.

Kitty Wells was country music's first female superstar. She still ranks 6th on Billboard's country charts for female vocalists.

Not a big country fan, but, good call, Bugman. With no decade specified, I'm sure there are a LOT that can show up here; Johnny Cash comes to mind for me. Heck, even some of those in the rock threads could fit - Poco, Pure Prairie League, Linda Ronstadt, even the Eagles (yeh, dang near country). Could be interesting - maybe something will show up that I even liked, but fergetted!

(So, who's gonna start the classical thread????? LOL)

I'll start that classical thread! Been meaning to!

But first......Ernest Tubb! Sending this first one out to Bugman, c'mon Bugman, let's waltz!

Ernest Tubb: Waltz Across Texas

Ernest Tubb: Walking The Floor Over You

Ernest Tubb: Driving Nails In My Coffin

I'll start that classical thread! Been meaning to!

But first......Ernest Tubb! Sending this first one out to Bugman, c'mon Bugman, let's waltz!

Only if ya kiss me first big guy. :p

Great Speckled Bird is rooted in gospel, but Roy Acuff made it his own in 1936.

Waylon Jennings.

Eddie Rabbit. Every Which Way But Loose.

Not a big country fan, but, good call, Bugman. With no decade specified, I'm sure there are a LOT that can show up here; Johnny Cash comes to mind for me. Heck, even some of those in the rock threads could fit - Poco, Pure Prairie League, Linda Ronstadt, even the Eagles (yeh, dang near country). Could be interesting - maybe something will show up that I even liked, but fergetted!

(So, who's gonna start the classical thread????? LOL)

My though exactly. Give as many people as possible a chance to participate.

Might as well go way back and play something funny and good.

Jerry Lee Lewis - Middle Aged Crazy {trying to prove he still can}

Waylon Jennings. Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way.

George Jones. White Lightning.

Patsy Cline's life was cut tragically short on March 5 1963. The day before Patsy was part of a benefit show at Solders And Sailors Memorial Hall in Kansas City Kansas. Fairfax Airport was fogged in after the show, so the next day she boarded manager Randy Hughes Piper Pa Comanche. After brief stops in Missouri and Tennessee the plane took off into a storm. Hughes was not IFR certified, and the plane went down just 90 miles from Nashville. When the wreckage was found, Patsy's watch was recovered. It stopped at 6:20 pm. Patsy Cline was 30.

Again, not a country fan, but curious that all those noted so far are the "old country", so far none of the newer generation(s). Of course, that could change.

Again, not a country fan, but curious that all those noted so far are the "old country", so far none of the newer generation(s). Of course, that could change.

Funny you should say that, because I was debating posting this 2004 song. If it helps, the chorus was written in the 70s.

One more and then I'll shut up and go to bed. This shift work is nuts and it's difficult to wind down lol

Great choices Bator, and you beat me to the punch on all but one of them. I might have missed Tom T. Hall.

Dolly Parton.

What's New

4/25/2024
Visit Tickle Experiement for clips! Details in the TE box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back