• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Country classics.

Thanks Bugman, you've posted some great songs as well :thumbsup:

Jim Reeves was born July 31 1923 near Galloway, East Texas. Classified 4-F during WWII, he accepted a baseball scholarship at the University of Texas but left after six weeks, working in the Houston Shipyards. Jim began playing semi-professional baseball, then spent 1944-1947 in the St. Louis Cardinals farm system until a nerve injury ended his prospects. His big break in music came while working on The Louisiana Hayride radio show. A scheduled guest failed to appear, and Reeves was asked to fill in.

On July 31 1964 Reeves, a licensed pilot, took off from Batesville Ark. bound for Nashville. Also on board was his manager Dean Manuel. Southwest of Nashville International Airport the plane encountered turbulent weather, went into a tailspin and crashed head on into the ground. Gentleman Jim Reeves was 40.

Dance,Gypsy Dance from Charlie Daniels Band.

Legend of Wooley Swamp.

I am a huge Johnny Cash fan. Aside from that I do not listen to all that much country, but I will be sure to check out some of what everyone is sharing here

Jimmy Rodgers - Waiting For A Train {1928}

Jimmy Rodgers - Mule Skinner Blues {1930}

Two young pioneers in their prime, one black, one white, playing together (3 when you consider Lil Hardin!).

Jimmie Rodgers with Louis Armstrong & Lil Hardin: Blue Yodel #9

Years later, Johnny Cash "recreated" the session on his TV show.

Johnny Cash with Johnny Cash: Blue Yodel #9

Hey Internet! My uncle has a live version of Waiting For A Train, probably recorded around 1935 and to me it's at least 10 times better IMHO, he just lets loose. It's on a 78 and I hope to get my grubby paws on it someday :)

Doc Watson - The Tennessee Stud

Nitty Gritty Dirt Band - Soldies Joy {same album {Will The Circle Be Unbroken}

Hey Internet! My uncle has a live version of Waiting For A Train, probably recorded around 1935 and to me it's at least 10 times better IMHO, he just lets loose. It's on a 78 and I hope to get my grubby paws on it someday :)

Really? A live version of Jimmie? That's great, must have been from a radio broadcast or something! (live recording was very rare in the early 30s)

It's not this one is it?

I hope you get the record!!!

Really? A live version of Jimmie? That's great, must have been from a radio broadcast or something! (live recording was very rare in the early 30s)

It's not this one is it?

Nope! It's live and much better than that one. You'll never find it on Youtube, I've tried lol

Leon McAuliffe. I had the pleasure (and honor) of seeing Leon live in 1983. It was a brief show, about an hour, but what an hour that was.

I'm not ready to let go of this thread just yet.

Waylon and Willie.

Only if ya kiss me first big guy. :p

Great Speckled Bird is rooted in gospel, but Roy Acuff made it his own in 1936.

^I did have a chance to see Roy Acuff Live at The Grand Ole Opry.^

Frankie Laine - Gunfight at O.K. Corral
Dolly Parton - Jolene
Hank Williams - Take These Chains From My Heart
Emmylou Harris - Pancho and Lefty
Willie Nelson - Always On My Mind
Patsy Cline - Crazy
Johnny Cash - Ring of Fire
June Carter - Will the Circle Be Unbroken
Waylon Jennings - Lonesome, On'ry & Mean
Loretta Lynn - Don't Come Home A-Drinkin
Kris Kristofferson - Me & Bobby McGee
Tammy Wynette - Two Storey House

What's New

4/25/2024
Visit Tickle Experiement for clips! Details in the TE box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back