• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The Classical Thread

Last edited:
I recently heard this absolutely BEAUTIFUL Renaissance music that apparently dates back all the way to Europe's Dark/Middle Ages.

Apparently they would play/sing it at festivals. I heard it on NPR but I never learned the name of it. Gods I wish I could hear it again.

Also apparently there is a large restoration project that is still underway to repair and restore all the absolutely BEAUTIFUL classical music that was lost when Europe's cities were devastated by World War I and World War II (particularly the city of Dresden, Germany). They recently repaired and restored a symphony of an unknown composer that was stored in Dresden and played it on NPR and OMG it was BEAUTIFUL! Now I can't find it anymore and GODS I want to hear it AGAIN!

Can't help the above, but this :redheart: is perfect for Nov 2020.

Bach Toccata and Fugue in D Minor.jpg

Last edited:
I'm gonna be that guy and go with some contemporary concert music. Classical (lowercase c) music has a special place in my heart, and I studied it for 12 years as a music major, but around 2010 I just couldn't really do it anymore. I still enjoy selections, and I can sit down and have a discussion about the masterworks, the great composers of European western music, and basically anything from Leonin to Caroline Shaw, but it's the modernism, atonality, and experimentalism from the 1910s through today that really resonates with me. So here's a little bit

Boulez - Eclat (performed by the Berlin Philharmonic under Simon Rattle)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hZxInEtbzU

Gustav Holst - "The Planets" (full suite) - huge influence (or stolen?) for the score to Star Wars

What's New

4/18/2024
Need to report a post? Click the report button to its lower left!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back